“Wonderful Bookstore!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Wonderful Bookstore!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have always heard wonderful things about "The Strand". Was finally able to visit, and it really is a great place! 3 floors of books and all sorts of things! Great selection, great prices, and I really enjoyed the stationary / card and gift section! Got my self a wonderful Charlotte's Web shirt! My all time favorite chilhood book!

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Came here looking for one book...walked out with three”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is the book lovers haven! The prices are great, staff are very helpful with any queries you have. There are so many books - I could spend all day here!

Visited October 2012
Colchester, Connecticut
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“My favorite bookstore in the world!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Every time I go to NYC I visit the Strand. Every time I visit I find something that I am interested in. Wonderful selection, I can't leave empty handed.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Heather M
Beaumont, Texas
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“More books than a lot of libraries”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I really enjoy a good bookstore and this one is really nice because of the tremendous variety. There are new, old and rare editions that I really thought were awesome. It was quite crowded on Black Friday, but very much worth the walk. I would love to go back again.

Visited November 2012
Buffalo, New York
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you are a book lover you need to include this in your visit. If you've ever been to Powells in Portland Ore this book store is similar. Several floors of books, new, used and everything you can imagine from a subject matter. It was extremely crowded and since it was winter it was hard to shop for a long time with our coats. They will ship anywhere you want so you don't have to worry about limiting yourself to what you can pack in your suitcase.

Visited January 2013