“Best Department store experience”
Review of Lord & Taylor

and up
New York City Holiday Lights Tour
Ranked #203 of 1,093 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lord & Taylor, a leading fashion retailer known for its service, quality and style, is the favorite store of generations of shoppers, offering many of the best designer brands for women, men and kids. Let's Go Shopping!
Middletown, Rhode Island
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best Department store experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have shopped in many department stores, but my favorite is still Lord and Taylor. It's not as big as Macy's,( which I deem a plus). And it is not as fancy as Saks, but, it has designer clothing, accessories, shoes and everything else you could possibly want. The sales are always worth a trip.
One morning a few years ago, I was among the first to enter at opening, they stopped us in the entrance as all the staff and managers sang "God Bless America", it was touching and fun.
I never visit the city with out a trip to my favorite store!
And don't forget to stop for lunch or a snack at Sara Beth's. Great food and it's very relaxing, you never have to leave the store. They will also check your coat and shopping bags on the loungerie floor,( I think it's the 7th). What is better than that?

Visited October 2013
3 Thank barbararadebach

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The best of the upscale department stores”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went to Macy's, Saks, etc, and this was our favorite. Great selection, great sales! No nosy sales people like some of the others. The only downside was the fact the escalator was broken when we were there so we had to take the elevator which took longer. But it happens, so I will keep my five star rating.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank sstn78
new york
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great shopping experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've been to this location a couple of times, and it's well worth coming back to. First of all the selection of merchandise is incredible and the sheer size of the store allows them to carry an extensive selection of clothing, that aren't on offer in oher smaller, local Lord and Taylor stores

It was pretty busy and bustling on the ground level. The shopping experience was more pleasurable on the upper floors since they were much, much less croweded.

And apparently they have some interesting in-store events. I walked past Mariano River yesterday, since he was there doing a signing for his new fragrance.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Traveljunky973
Benoni, South Africa
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Went back”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Lord & Taylor has a fantastic sale going on at the moment. The only clothing shop that we went back to. Go check this out!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank HermanK449
San Diego, CA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The best of the upscale stores”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

OK, so maybe it's not Sak's or even Bloomingdales, but what a great store. Friendly staff, easy navigation, no haughty merchandisers who forget who they're merchandising for. A most impressive things was half a floor devoted to plus sizes, complete with plus size mannequins and a fine selection, as good as the 6Ps my wife was looking for in the other half of that floor. They also have a more that middle class folks can afford than the others in the area - it's not all Jimmy Choo and Ferragamo. I wish they would expand to the West Coast.

Visited May 2013