“Kevin Wolf at Tiffany SOHO IS AWESOME” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 791 Shopping in New York City
South Florida, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Kevin Wolf at Tiffany SOHO IS AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I grew up in NYC in the 60's and 70's. My grandmother used to always take me to the NYC Tiffany's store on 5th Avenue so we could browse and drink from the marble fountain. Well....fast Forward 30 years and I've decided to carry on the tradition with my oldest daughter. We live in Florida now. In the summer of 2011, I took my daughter to the store on 5th Avenue and bought her her first Tiffany's charm bracelet with her first charm (the blue Tiffany shopping bag). She wore it proudly! She smiled from ear to ear as any young teenager would.....
I promised her that every year we would add a charm to her bracelet. This was the beginning of a great tradition. So as our vacation continued, we headed out to the Hamptons. My daughter didn't want to get her new bracelet dirty at the docks while fishing, so she put it in her pocket. (you know that little pocket that holds lint) When we were packing out suitcases to go home, I asked her where her bracelet was. She couldn't find it. We looked everywhere. I had her nose down to the ground like a bloodhound....Never found it. She was sad. I was mad.
She returned to Florida empty handed. I got the bill for the bracelet which added fuel to the fire. My husband was NOY happy to say the least.
For some reason, I called Tiffany's. The man on the phone asked where to direct my call.....I explained what happened and asked that if I were to replace this bracelet, was there a stupidity discount? He put me on hold for a minute. He came back on the line and said that it would be Tiffany's honor and pleasure to replace my daughter's bracelet and charm. Free of charge!
I thought it was a dream. No one does that!!! I cried with tears of joy. Who is this nice man on the other end of the phone? I found out his name is Kevin Wolf. I thanked him over and over and over. About a week later, sure enough, my daughter received the exact bracelet and charm that she had lost.
I emailed Kevin the pictures and thanked him again. We looked forward to meeting him in person the next year when we returned to Tiffany's to add to her bracelet. So.... In 2012, we went back to the 5th Avenue store and asked to see Kevin Wolf. They told me there is no Kevin Wolf. I said that there was a Kevin Wolf because he replaced my daughter's bracelet and charm last year. Nope...No Kevin Wolf here.....Mystery begins! Who is Kevin Wolf? Does he really exist? Who replaced the bracelet? How do I get answers? Well, a few months later, I sent a Christmas card to Kevin Wolf to the 5th Avenue address. Low and behold a few weeks later I got an email from him saying that he is indeed a real person. He got promoted to Store Manager in the Tiffany SOHO store. So a few weeks ago, my daughter and I were in NYC and went to the SOHO store to meet the wonderful Kevin Wolf. He does exist. He is friendly, and kind hearted. We will never forget what he did for us. I will continue to add charms to my daughter's bracelet from the SOHO store. It has so much character. I just wanted to say, that if it wasn't for Kevin replacing that bracelet, I don't think I would have purchased another one. NOW Tiffany's has a customer for life because of Kevin!

6 Thank Heidi33441

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good, but I expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was a very cool store, but it was so much smaller than everything else. For something so famous, I really though it would be bigger. It was very tourist friendly and the staff didn't care that no one was actually planning on buying anything, which was a plus.

2 Thank kluthi1934
Folkestone, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beware: Don't take the wife in here! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Husbands beware, you will not leave without buying something sparkly... Best to avoid altogether as it turns yoir wife into a squealing lunatic...

Though, I suppose it did make the wife happy :-)

1 Thank Spjames83
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Graduation present for daughter.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful service, can't wait to go back. So helpful. Right down to the door man. Daughter. Found what she wanted. Smile as big as Texas. When she got the blue box.

NOLA, United States
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Elegance at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Get a look at quality jewelry. There are 5 floors total so don't stop at the first one! Buy something for your lady that will get you major points. We purchase tiffany on several occasions are very happy with the products and customer service.

1 Thank Jason C