“Ohhhhh, how I adore this place!”
Review of Tiffany & Co.

and up
New York Holiday Lights Walking Tour
Ranked #16 of 877 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The flagship Tiffany & Co. Store at the corner of Fifth Avenue and 57th Street is legendary among New York City stores. It offers a great selection of rings and other high-end jewelry.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The visiting crowds are a little crazy - so many people walking around the store just to look! - and the staff are to be commended for always being cool, calm and super-polite. My daughter was fascinated with the elevator attendant and spoke with the young woman both on the ride up and on the ride down. The employee was soooooo good, meeting my daughter's eye when speaking to her and treating her no differently because she was a child.

My husband and son (11) elected to sit on a bench near the door and people-watch while my daughter (14) and I shopped. I wanted a simple silver necklace for myself to acknowledge a really tough year at work. My daughter found the perfect thing for me from the Tiffany signature collection. The gentleman who waited on us was flawlessly polite to both me and my daughter. He asked us where we were from, what we'd seen so far and even suggested a local dinner spot in the neighborhood where we were staying.

My daughter picked out a few things for her Christmas list as well. :)

Be sure and pay a visit to the Tiffany diamond, displayed to the left of the door on 5th Avenue. Walking in the door makes me happy, and a little blue box with a hand-tied white bow makes me even happier!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)
All reviews
in 85 reviews
"diamonds"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was lucky enough to be able to buy my daughter a minding from New York, the staff were so helpful, polite and not at all pushy.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My amazing husband promised me a trip to New York for my 50th birthday and a visit here to buy a little something special. From the moment I walked in, I was treated special, even though I was dressed in typical New York tourist clothes, jeans and sand shoes! I bought a Return to Tiffany heart charm and key on a necklace wrapped beautifully in their signature blue box with white ribbon. The salesman could not have been more friendly and genuine in his wishes for a happy birthday.

1  Thank MeaganPrice
Reviewed September 3, 2012

True to the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's, the staff, from the elevator attendant to the sales people, are pleasant and not snooty. We only intended to browse, but it was such a pleasant experience, we bought something to commemorate the visit.

1  Thank JerseyMomOttawa