“Disappointing all around”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 21st Street
Transit: 6 Train at 23rd Street
Description: The Gramercy Park Hotel: Gramercy Terrace is a lush lounge/restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night, and weekend brunch. Enjoy craft cocktails against the backdrop of stunning contemporary art, feast al fresco on seasonal ingredients grown right on the rooftop of the hotel, or cozy up with an after-dinner drink by the fireplace. Space is available for large parties and events.
San Francisco, CA
“Disappointing all around”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have to agree with another reviewer - this place didn't have the zing factor and neither did the menu. I met a friend at 11:45 a.m. on a weekday, expecting to be able to order breakfast food but they gave us the lunch menu and told us breakfast was no longer being served. The menu was really uninteresting. My friend and I shared the deviled eggs (hard to screw up) which were fine, and then we each ordered the same salad. The portion was so small, I thought our served misunderstood and thought we were sharing one order! The desserts didn't sound very exciting so we left and discovered we both left hungry. There was no view to speak of either (except the sky), so why bother dining on the roof? Disappointing all around, except the company of my friend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely breakfast in a beautiful part of NYC!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The Gramercy Hotel is in a beautiful part of NYC, and is a cool, funky boutique hotel. The Gramercy Terrace is on the rooftop and is open daily from 7am-3pm for breakfast and lunch. We went there for a Saturday breakfast. It is a lovely quiet atmosphere and a great way to start your day. A bit disappointing that there is no real view from the top, but thats ok. Coffee (Latte's) were excellent and the food was simple and very good. After breakfast, walk around the private Gramercy Park to walk off your breakfast.

Visited April 2013
“Dissapointing zing factor, dull menu”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is roof terrace bar, but it is enclosed by a brick wall which ends above head height, and then windows which look only up to the sky. You cant see out at all. The menu was dull, so a very low zing factor. Why dont they raise the floor four feet and open up the view? Then it would be epic.

Visited April 2013
Lancaster, PA
“Delicious lunch!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went for Sunday brunch and even though the menu is limited there are delicious options for both breakfast and lunch. Our family of 5 was delighted with the prices, food and service and will most definitely go again. Terrific rooftop terrace atmosphere too!

Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Eggs in a sophisticated atmosphere”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Loved this place and would add a 6th star given the delectable menu and location. Inside the Gramercy Park Hotel lives an excellent spot for breakfast with attentive, warm service and views of the City. I had the soft eggs over jalapeno corn cake follows by some fresh pastries from their buffet. My wife and I ate there for about 2 hours and was never hurried. I even made some special requests and they accommodated each one graciously. One other unexpected tip is that the location allows for a nice walk to Chelsea Market through some neat neighborhoods.

I have read the other reviews and believe those folks are either confused, work for a competitor, or simply can't be pleased. I travel about 75k miles/year making 4-6 trips to NY annually. I know good restaurants and would come here each and every time I visit New York.