“Szechuan fans listen up!”
Review of Grand Sichuan - Times Square - CLOSED

Grand Sichuan - Times Square
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue
Transit: A,C,E to 42nd or 50th Street.
Description: Grand Sichuan is located in the heart of Times Square and has been a neighborhood favorite for years. Known for it's authentic Chinese cuisine and was even rated by the great Ruth Reichl. As many Chinese restaurants come and go, the Grand Sichuan remains a solid choice at any one of it's several locations. It's comfortable and casual atmosphere will make for a perfect night out.
Nanaimo, Canada
“Szechuan fans listen up!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I happen to consider myself a bit of a Szechuan food aficionado. A number of years ago a friend inspired me to get a copy of Mrs. Chiang's Szechuan cookbook and I have been cooking the food ever since. We patronized The Grand Sichuan and it is the real thing. The menu consists of many traditional dishes as well as a few we had not heard of, including the beef spareribs which is absolutely fantastic. The restaurant is centrally located, clean and the service is excellent. It is very reasonably priced. This is a must-do for fans of Szechuan and spicy Asian food. I think Mrs. Chiang would approve!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank fishertrick

Ottawa, Canada
“Good food & great price!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Decided to try this place from the good reviews from Tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed. We did go overboard and ordered three dishes too many:) My particular favourite was indeed the Pork Soup Dumpling. It was so scrumptious and juicy! We also ordered my all time favourite the Ma Po Tofu. It was hot and spicy just the way I like it. It was not the best that I've ever tasted but it was good nonetheless. The rest of the dishes like the General Tsao, Chicken Fried rice & Mix Aromatic Wok With Spicy Sauce were good as well, though I did find the dishes a little too heavy on the oil. Anyway, it's still a good spot if you want good food, fast service (wasn't too busy when we were there), and great price!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DayungBidayuh
Sydney, Australia
“Authentic Chinese”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

When the local Chinese eat there you know it will be authentic food. We were not disappointed great selection and wonderful flavours. The servers were very friendly and helpful with the selection of dishes. Great value for money. Recommend you try this one when next in NYC

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Tony P
Huddersfield
“Fantastic authentic food at a great price!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were scanning Tripadvisor for a Chinese restaurant in and around Times Square and found this one about a 5 minute walk from the main hustle and bustle.....and what a fantastic little find it was! Nice and clean inside, plenty of places to sit and friendly staff. The food was absolutely gorgeous, really melt in the mouth stuff particularly the Beef in Black Bean sauce. Just be aware that the portion are HUGE, as you will find with most places in New York. We admittedly do have pretty big appetites but we ordered between the 2 of us a special fried rice, beef in black bean, sweet and sour chicken and a prawn dish I can't remember the name of (seems like a rather a lot now, lol! But we fancied an over-view of their cuisine)

I can't bring to mind exactly what we paid in the end but I remember us discussing what good value it was, not much more than it would cost for a takeaway in England. Enjoy!!

• Visited September 2013
Pleasantville, New York
“Theater District - Cheap & Good”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Grand Sichuan is a good choice for a pre theater dinner that won't break the bank. They have a $15.95 pre fixe that offers good quality with a cheap glass of wine to boot. It is right on restaurant row and right in the heart of the theater district. It is a good choice for a decent meal before the theater or after work.

• Visited August 2013