“Cute place...average food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 73rd
Transit: 1,2,3 to 72nd Street.
Description: Gina la Fornarina is an authentic Italian restaurant featuring specialty pizza and a thin and crispy focaccias filled with delicious ingredients mostly imported from Italy, and when it is possible, organic. Pasta from all regions of Italy and delicious salads are a big part of our menu, but do not forget our daily specials, where we feature delicious fish and seasonal ingredients in our recipes We have a liquor bar and great wines; make sure you try our antipasto platter with a bottle of wine or a carafe of our famous Sangria di Capri made with crispy pinot grigio and fresh fruit. We are always looking for the best quality & value so that we can offer our customers great products at the best price in a very welcoming ambiance. We would love to help you celebrate your next event: at Gina we offer great party at a very smart rate.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Randomly visited this restaurant with a cousin today....here are my thoughts:

The Ambiance: This place is very cute. The only problem? It's tiny and there are FAR too many tables. Taking out a table or two would ensure people had room to move.

The Food: The menu is very...eclectic...to put it nicely.

* Pasta with tomato basil sauce - just okay. Pasta was a bit too al dente, sauce nothing special.
* Salad with roasted butternut squash/beets and hazelnuts - nothing to write home about. I've had better salads at half the price. I think this one was $16?

Oh, and the bread they bring to the table? Hard as a rock. It was almost like very large croutons?

The Service: Servers are not happy and it shows.

The Bottom Line: It's too bad the menu and service are so bad because the concept is cute! Not sure I'll ever be back.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose to try Gina on a Friday before seeing a show at The Beacon. It's a small little restaurant with delicious food and an array of wines! They had other alcoholic beverages as well but the wine was what I was interested in! We ordered the cheese platter for appetizer, the serving size was great for 2 people! For dinner w had lungini with tiger shrimp and scallops, and pistachio striped bass. Everything was rich in flavor and delicious. Prices were decent for being a NYC restaurant. Would definitely recommend and go back!!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Such a cute little restaurant! Our last stop on the way to the airport. Glad we went.

Moccachinos were very good and the barista made a smiley face in mine which is currently my cover photo on my Facebook. I had oatmeal, which was tasty, but just oatmeal. Fiancé had mascarpone pancakes that he enjoyed a lot.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We came here for a coffee/ tea break in the morning and it was so empty but I have no idea why. Very attentive waiting staff, gorgeous decor ( fresh roses on every table) and a great menu.
I ordered a cup of tea and a lovely pot of earl grey came out complete with the cutest little cow milk jug that I had ever seen! Rod's latte was very good too.
We weren't hungry or else we would have ordered more but this was such a cute place and I hope they are doing well... because they deserve to be!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The small dining area makes this restaurant a comfort zone. The din of the guests all enjoying the evening just makes you feel good. The staff were all eager and knowledgeable. The food was great. Across our relatively large group we had everything from different soups, salads, pizzas and a lamb stew. No one was disappointed (including the vegetarian in our group). There was a good Super Tuscan by the glass which was a nice treat. The meal was the most reasonably priced of suppers (and lunches) we had on our NYC visit.