Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great foot tour of Brooklyn

Tour guide Greg very knowledgeable and helpful. Not sure if suitable for anyone with walking... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
ChrisA206
Guildford, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great tour

Totally recommended! I did the Brooklyn tour ,it was cold, but we discovered new stories and places... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $66.00
from $109.00
from $38.00
1,176 results
All reviews pod hotel lower east side meatpacking district greenwich village walking tour hour tour new york dumbo and brooklyn heights street art great tour these guys the subway system private tour guide book the meat packing district dumplings the high line
Reviewed February 27, 2018

I recently went on the Brooklyn walk with Sonya and the City Hall, SoHo and Little Italy walk Dan. Both of these were fantastic walks, delivered in a relaxed manner. Dan and Sonya were great guides and offered interesting local knowledge that you wouldn't find in a guide book. I would highly recommend anyone visiting New York to go on a Streetwise Tour, I thought it was the best way to see and learn about the city!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2018

This was a great way to explore the city! Dan is insightful, funny, knows a lot about the city, and is very accommodating. He met us at the hotel and joined us on the metro (where he taught us about the NYC metro system) and walked with us for about 3 hours. The tour covered history, culture, and some focus on art and street art.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 20, 2018

Realicé el tour The Upper West Side and Central Park, con Dan. Excelente experiencia, totalmente recomendable!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed February 20, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Pod 51 hotel, where Streetwise run daily free tours for guests. We did 4 of these tours - one for every day that we were in New York - and can't recommend them highly enough. We explored a different part of the city every day, and it was a great way to see some parts of the city that we might otherwise have missed, and to hear some really interesting stories and recommendations. Greg, Andrew, Sonya and Dan were all excellent guides and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed February 7, 2018

I booked Dan for our first 2 days in New York. First day was our family and the second day our family friends joined us. Our first day was 27th of December right when the big cold hit NYC. I first found Streetwise on trip advisor through it's positive reviews. From my first email and reply from Dan I knew that I had picked the right person to guide us through New York. Even prior to arriving in New York Dan assisted via email with answers to questions that I had while I was putting our holiday together. I always knew that I would see the big ticket items in New York but what I really wanted was to get a real feel of the city. Dan did this perfectly. He got us set up and showed us how to use the Subway with confidence, how to get around like a New Yorker. We saw so many great little sites in the two days that I will never forget. They aren't on google images when you search "New York" but they are what makes New York. Example the Statue of Liberty is amazing but it looks exactly like I expected to see. Don't miss it but the little candy store and music store that Dan took us into was just magical. Dan tailored the tour for our family and he adjusted on the run because of the extreme cold. It was amazing. His knowledge of the details is extremely impressive. He would be telling us a story about a site as others are just walking by without gaining the same knowledge. I felt like I was getting the inside secret on everything. He took us to places that I would never would have found. I have spoken to people that have visited New York numerous times and they weren't aware of the places Dan took us. I highly recommend Dan and will use him again whenever I return to New York without fail. I had 5 days after our tour and the days spent with Dan gave me the knowledge and safety to continue to explore the city with complete confidence. Thanks mate, really appreciate the 2 days

Date of experience: December 2017