“Utterly enthralling tour”

Streetwise New York Tours
Ranked #5 of 732 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Most walking tours point and stare at New York-with Streetwise New York, you live it! Streetwise New York explores neighborhoods, recounts history and studies contrast--but does so knowing that New York’s essence isn’t listed in guidebooks or displayed in museums. The true New York is melted into slices of pizza, hidden in subways, and carried in the ever-changing stories of its 8.5 million people.
Reviewed March 6, 2016

I participated in the Lower East Side and Chinatown walking tour, and it was hands down the most fascinating walking tour I've ever been on. If you're after an unsanitised insider's look into NYC, where the tour leaders don't regurgitate boring humdrum, this is for you. You'll learn cool things only a genuine, local NYC aficionado would know. I would highly recommend Streetwise to all.

Date of experience: February 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)
All reviews
"hour tour"
in 45 reviews
"new york"
in 233 reviews
"dumbo and brooklyn heights"
in 7 reviews
"private tour"
in 20 reviews
"guide book"
in 8 reviews
"the meat packing district"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2016

I've attended their 3 tour groups of NYC as I stayed at Pod 39 Hotel and must say that I enjoyed it very much that I have no regrets joining them. I highly recommend Streetwise NY Tours to anyone going to NYC because they bring you to places normally not being covered by big tour groups and you'll learn some history of those places.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed February 9, 2016

This was a free tour as part of my hotel stay. It was very informative and interesting. You get to see both the touristy stuff as well as things that only a New Yorker would know about. The pace was perfect and the distance was great for an average person. The tour guide was attentive to the the group dynamics and adjusted his pace accordingly. I would highly recommend this tour. If I had more time in New York I would have looked in to paying for more of their tours!

Reviewed February 3, 2016

I stayed at the Pod 39 hotel over a weekend in January 2016, and I absolutely loved the walk that Andrew took us on. It started at 9:30 am and lasted for about three hours. Andrew took us to places that I didn't even realize I wanted to see until we were there. I learned a lot about the city, and if I had been there for longer I would have taken the other walking tours offered by Streetwise so I could have learned even more. I will recommend the Pod hotels to anyone I know going to NYC, specifically because of the access to the Streetwise tours. I can't wait to come back!