“Amazing Tour!”

Streetwise New York Tours
Ranked #6 of 676 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Most walking tours point and stare at New York-with Streetwise New York, you live it! Streetwise New York explores neighborhoods, recounts history and studies contrast--but does so knowing that New York’s essence isn’t listed in guidebooks or displayed in museums. The true New York is melted into slices of pizza, hidden in subways, and carried in the ever-changing stories of its 8.5 million people.
Reviewed October 5, 2015

I have been to NYC a few times before so I was looking for a tour that provided something a bit different. Sonya (our guide) certainly did that! We saw the sights of DUMBO, Brooklyn Heights, the High Line and Greenwich Village all in 4 hours. It was great to see these sights from a New Yorker and see things you wouldnt necessarily see otherwise'. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable, punctual and engaging- I would highly recommend this company!

2  Thank Tamara R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)
All reviews
"new york"
in 213 reviews
"staying at pod"
in 8 reviews
"dumbo and brooklyn heights"
in 6 reviews
in 7 reviews
"dumplings"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 2, 2015 via mobile

We took a walking tour with Andrew Silverstein of Pod 51's streetwise New York. As the name implies, he is a native New Yorker with a vast knowledge of the city as well as some personal stories as well. This was his playground as a child, and his passion for this city is infectious! He has his finger on the pulse of what people really want to see and learn about different neighborhoods in this amazing city. Take the tour. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 1, 2015

After researching sights to see in NYC I was happy to see many of them included in tours by Streetwise New York. I love exploring on foot. It gives me a sense of an area. The information was interesting and questions were knowledgeably answered. I had so much fun on today's tour I signed up for another one tomorrow.

1  Thank Rose P
Reviewed September 26, 2015 via mobile

Hi
I guess if you are reading this you are planning a trip to New York!
What ever you do make this top of your to do lists.
I emailed Dan from Steetwise a few weeks before our fist trip to New York. I am a Photographer and my 17 year old son a musician so quite a mix of interests! I had asked Dan to show me the Real New York as I wasn't really interested in Times Square Ect.....
Boy did he deliver!
We spent 4/5 hrs around Queens and Long Island City
I found within 10/15 minutes it felt like we were walking with a friend and not a tour guide.
Dans knowledge/rooted passion for New York was amazing!
Dans suggestion of meeting at the beginning of our trip was great and with his recommendations of places to see and Music shops to find it kept us going for our 7day visit.
I can't recommend Streetwise and Dan enough and will certainly contact them again on my next trip.
Thanks again for a great insight to a great City.
Craig