“Really glad I did the streetwise New York tour.”

Streetwise New York Tours
Ranked #7 of 746 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Most walking tours point and stare at New York-with Streetwise New York, you live it! Streetwise New York explores neighborhoods, recounts history and studies contrast--but does so knowing that New York’s essence isn’t listed in guidebooks or displayed in museums. The true New York is melted into slices of pizza, hidden in subways, and carried in the ever-changing stories of its 8.5 million people.
Reviewed June 2, 2015

Really enjoyed the tour i did of Brooklyn. Wouldn't have known where to start if i had tried to explore it myself. The guide (Dan) was great and extremely helpful to us tourists who don't know NYC that well. So pleased i did it as i probably wouldn't have gone to DUMBO and Brooklyn heights otherwise. That's the beauty of the tours, they take you to the parts of New York you may not normally visit but should. Was sad to have missed out on the other tours but will be sure to do them next time I'm in New York.

Date of experience: May 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)
All reviews
"hour tour"
in 45 reviews
"new york"
in 233 reviews
"dumbo and brooklyn heights"
in 7 reviews
"private tour"
in 20 reviews
"guide book"
in 8 reviews
"the meat packing district"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 28, 2015

While getting ready to head to NY for the first time I was hoping to find some local people to show me THEIR city, they way THEY see it, and I found EXACTLY that!!! Cool that the POD hotel offered this free, I would definitely pay the fee as it's WELL worth every penny. Learned a lot about local history, some cool facts about artists, pizza wars, you name it. If you are going to New York definitely take some time to spend with these guys, you won't regret it!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2015

The free walking tours offered courtesy of Pod Hotels is an awesome way to see the sights in New York. My first tour was of the meat packing district. I opted to do a second tour of Chinatown because of the quality. Patrick, our tour guide rocks! I highly recommend.

Reviewed May 24, 2015

Our hotel, Pod 39, offered this free tour. We thought it would be ok. Wow! OUr expectations were blown away. Patrick was incredible. Not only is he amazingly knowledgeable, but he is very friendly and open. He made it very easy to ask questions and he always knew the answer. He did a great job of keeping our wandering group together, without being a taskmaster. His love and passion for NYC were palpable and made it a very special tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 23, 2015 via mobile

My friend and I had limited time in New York. We wanted to take a tour, but not the "tourist" tour. Based on reviews, we decided to take a chance with Streetwise. It was one of the highlights of our trip! From the start, Dan was extremely responsive in helping us decide which tour would be best for us. We ended up doing a night tour of the lower East Side and Dumbo/Brooklyn Heights. Sonya was our guide. She was pleasant, knowledgable and had an interesting perspective on the area. We did not feel like "tourists" and we covered a lot of ground in the time me had. The view of the city from Brooklyn Heights should not be missed!! We highly recommend!!