Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Interesting tours

My husband and I visited NY in February. We were staying at the Pod Times Square Hotel. We followed... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Kim V
via mobile
Great foot tour of Brooklyn

Tour guide Greg very knowledgeable and helpful. Not sure if suitable for anyone with walking... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $79.00
from $109.00
from $299.00
1,179 results
All reviews pod hotel lower east side meatpacking district greenwich village walking tour hour tour new york dumbo and brooklyn heights street art great tour these guys the subway system private tour guide book the meat packing district dumplings the high line
Reviewed January 6, 2015

From the very first email enquiry I made, I would have to say the responsiveness and the focus on tailoring what we would like to experience in NY was evident. We quickly worked out the areas we wanted to see (Chelsea Mkt-Greenich Village-Little Italy-Chinatown-WTC) and sorted out a meeting place. We were then in Dan's expert hands, this guy is so knowledgeable and was able to quickly work out the various interest of our group and provide insights, and locations of interest. And this is no easy feat when travelling with teenagers. We dropped into a world music store because I had an interest in musical instruments, Magnolia because girls liked cup cakes and the TV show 'sex in the city' of course. Dan constantly checked in on how we were going and the pace we went at worked perfectly. He knows where to go for interesting foods, drinks as well as 'comfort' stops. The small dumplings shop in Chinatown (5 for $1) was a hit. Dan was so easy going and ensured we had a fantastic half day tour. When I am back next will definitely explore another part of NY the same way. High Recommended!

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Had a great time at the tour! Staff is very nice, and learned a lot about the history of New York City!

Reviewed January 5, 2015

We had a great tour with Patrick. He was incredibly knowledge about all aspects of New York life from architecture to history to the second Civil Rights movement. We enjoyed our Broadway show but hands down we enjoyed our time with Patrick even more! I don't exactly recall how I found Streetwise, but I am very happy my Google search engine directed me towards their site and to our tour guide, Patrick.

Reviewed January 5, 2015

I went on two tours (to Brooklyn and the Meatpacking District) via the Pod 51 hotel. Our guide Dan really knew his stuff and was able to field every question that the group threw at him. There was a good balance between 'active tourguiding' and responding to the interests of the group.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

We stayed in NYC for 5 days. Our hotel, Pod 51, has free NYC walking tours for their guests. The first excursion we went on with Streetwise was to Brooklyn Heights, with Dan. We learned cool information about the DUMBO neighborhood and saw beautiful parts of coastal NYC. We wrapped it up with a pizza lunch in Brooklyn suggested by Dan- it was great. The tour was so good, we changed our plans and went on the Chelsea and Meat Packing District with Andrew the next day. He introduced us to Chelsea Market, Christopher Park and The Music Inn.
Dan and Andrew know NYC and their walking tours are a treat and well worth your time and money.

Date of experience: November 2014