Review Highlights
Terrific Chinatown/Lower East Side tour

We loved our tour guide, Andrew Silverstein, and our tour. Andrew was so informed, clear, nice... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
David E
Best walking tour I've taken

When my husband and I decided to learn more about Brooklyn, where we were visiting our daughter, we... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
NorCalinda
Berkeley CA

1,149 results
All reviews pod hotel lower east side meatpacking district greenwich village walking tour hour tour new york dumbo and brooklyn heights custom tour great tour street art these guys the subway system bob dylan private tour guide book the meat packing district
Reviewed November 10, 2014

I have been going to NY for many years and this tour taught me many things about history, habits etc.. The guide (Dan) is knowledgeable, respectful, adaptable and interesting for all ages (teenagers and adults). You should not hesitate to book them. I would redo it again and would highly recommend it,

2  Thank Arnaud F
Reviewed November 10, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I were strapped for time in NYC and wanted to see as much as we could. Through our hotel, Pod 39, we went on two of the streetwise walking tours. The first with Dan through Brooklyn and the second with Andrew in the Meat Packing District and Greenwhich Village. We had a great time on both tours and have recommended to all our friends that when they get to NYC to definitely look them up.

Reviewed November 10, 2014

I did the Brooklyn tour with Andrew and the Greenwich village/Meatpacking District with Dan. Both were fantastic guides and very knowledgable. I highly recommend doing their tours!!

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed November 10, 2014

My wife and I recently spent 3 days in New York City following a few days in Washington DC. Having previously visited and seen all the key points of interest in NYC, and having had our fill of monuments and museums in DC, we wanted to do something with a different vibe. Prior to our arrival, I googled “NYC off the beaten path” tours and came across Streetwise. I booked us for the Thursday PM Brooklyn walking tour and we hooked up with our guide Andrew near the Brooklyn Bridge.

Fortunately for us, the others who were scheduled to be on the tour had cancelled so we had Andrew all to ourselves. We are a fairly active couple in our early 50s and were hoping to pack as much as we could into that afternoon. We sheepishly explained to Andrew we really only wanted to spend 2 hours rather than 3 in Brooklyn because we were hoping to spend some time in Central Park prior to our departure the next morning. Andrew was extremely accommodating and not only did he provide us a relatively high-speed, fact-filled tour of Brooklyn, the Heights, a boat trip up the East River, and the ultra-cool Williamsburg, he then also personally escorted us through the labyrinth of the NY subway system and took us on a tour of the historic highlights of Central Park! “You’ve paid for my time, I’m happy to take you there.”

Andrew is a native New Yorker and incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about his city. He’s also very personable and was a real joy to spend the afternoon with. He got to know us a little bit and gained an understanding of what we’d be interested in and took it from there. The entire tour was outstanding and provided us an entirely different perspective on NYC than you get from the tour buses (which we’ve done in the past). I can tell you it was truly the highlight of our trip.

Many thanks to Andrew and Streetwise. You cannot go wrong with these folks if you really want to gain a different, informative and entertaining perspective of this wonderful city.

1  Thank DTGPB
Reviewed November 10, 2014

My friend and I decided at the last minute to hop on the train from New Jersey to visit NYC while he was in town. We had sent emails to a lot of different tour companies, but Andrew from Streetwise New York was the only one to respond. He set us up with Sonya within an hour from my initial inquiry, and together they had mapped out a plan for us, including accommodating our request to end at a particular location at a particular time.

Sonya met us in front of Penn Station, and started right away with the tour. She showed us how to get around the subway and even had interesting things to say about the subway while we were waiting for it. She was very knowledgeable, which was quickly impressed upon us. She led us through a leisurely stroll through SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, the Civic Center and the financial district. She showed us the perfect mix of interesting historical details, bits of modernity and how the two played off one another. We had also asked her to show us some interesting foodie places, which she was happy to point out.

I would definitely recommend Streetwise to anybody visiting NYC. They are a great mix of professional and personal, and I really enjoyed my tour.