Review Highlights
The BEST part of our NYC trip!

We toured midtown with Patrick on a Tuesday morning, and we couldn't have hoped for a better, more... read more

Reviewed today
Austin M
via mobile
Incredibly informative tours!

On a whirlwind solo trip to NYC I took two Streetwise tours - Greenwich Village & Meatpacking... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Stephanie C

Recommended experiences in and around New York City
from $69.00
from $109.00
from $37.02
from $38.00
1,164 results
All reviews pod hotel lower east side meatpacking district greenwich village walking tour hour tour new york dumbo and brooklyn heights custom tour great tour street art these guys the subway system bob dylan private tour guide book the meat packing district
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Andrew expertly guided us to tasty street food stops on Roosevelt Ave in Queens, aka Jackson Heights and shared the personal stories behind the people making savory and sweet delights throughout the area. I would highly recommend Streetwise...for their insightful and local perspectives and aptness for tailoring any tour to your needs. It's a major perk to me when you feel like a knowledgable friend is showing you about town...versus feeling like a tourist.

Date of experience: April 2012
Reviewed April 17, 2012

It's not easy to find delicious ethnic cuisine in New York. You'd think it would be because there is hardly a shortage of taco trucks, Latin American bakeries, and falafel stands scattered throughout the city in nearly every neighborhood in every borough. HOWEVER, if you've ever wanted to learn about the food that you are eating and its cultural history while being fairly certain you are enjoying the best the city has to offer than you must take a tour with Andrew and Streetwise New York Tours.

I participated in the duos' tour of Latin American Jackson Heights in March where Andrew shuttled us around a fascinating part of the neighborhood. Andrew's relationships with the food vendors that provided us with some truly fantastic dishes was as impressive as the food itself. Through him we learned the stories of each bakery/food cart owner and about the status of streetfood in New York. I highly recommend this tour to those who live in New York (like me) or visitors here for a good dose of American multiculturalism. Thanks guys!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My sister and I took this tour in March during a very rushed two-day visit to New York. Over the last 15 years I've been traveling to NYC annually to visit family and this is the first time that I feel like I actually saw the city - thanks to this 2 hour tour!

I love learning about the history and little stories about cities that I visit - and we clearly made the right choice. At one point I had to stop Andrew to ask him HOW he knew so much about this city because there were so many little stories about the areas that we were seeing that you can't really find in a book.

I suggest doing the Chelsea tour and bring a camera, good walking shoes and some change to get treats along the way. Feel secure asking Andrew about places to go out or eat or anything related to planning your trip - he'll give you recommendations that will send you places that make sense for YOU. I would also recommend this tour for folks who live in NYC.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I went on an ethnic street-food tour of Jackson Heights with a group of chefs in town for a culinary conference. Our tour guide, Andrew, was very knowledgeable about the food, the vendors personal stories, and the history of the neighborhood. Everything was delicious, and the tour was very organized. I will definitely recommend this company!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Having lived in Queens for quite a few years now, my boyfriend and I decided to go on Streetwise's food tour to see what we've been missing... and apparently we've been missing a WHOLE lot! Our tour guide, Dan, was very well informed AND entertaining. He's so freaking funny! My boyfriend isn't usually "adventurous" when it comes to food, but he tried everything and loved everything! We're in the process of trying to decide when to book our next food tour with Dan again! It was so much fun and so delicious!!!!!