“Perfect location”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #112 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is just perfect for a sight seeing tourist like myself.
What really wowed me was the fact Times Square is full of hustle and bustle and very noisy. But as soon as you enter the hotel there is silence!
The service is basic, but standards in the hotel were fantastic. Very clean room and comfy beds. Huge hotel so can understand the lack of service.
Will definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Carterthetraveller
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Carterthetraveller,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. We do try to offer first class service to our guests. I am pleased you found our hotel very comfortable and an oasis form the Times Square excitement. On behalf of our staff thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenagers and we stayed here for a week. The Queen size beds in the rooms were perfect for us to share beds, but still have plenty of room! The hotel is in the center of all the madness, but you can't hear a thing from the room and the view of the city was beautiful. We walked to broadway show everynight...location was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank jasonbD1458KQ

Dear JasonbD1458KQ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed all that New York has to offer and our property met all of your needs. We appreciate this feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is our first trip to New York City; Love the location, it is in the middle of everything a tourist would want to see or do with limited time. Ripley’s believe it or Not Museum is steps away as well as Madame Toussauds Wax Museum. Chain restaurants were Dean and Buster, Apple Bee's, literally next door. Red Lobster and Ruby Tuesdays are down the street also, Cold stone ice cream and Dallas Barbecue across the street. My husband and I picked up one of the free subway maps available at the hotel which also has a map of the city on the other side and walked everywhere; through Times Square which was overwhelming because you literally have to push your way through the crowds of people on the street. We walked to the library, Bryant Park which is next to the library, Grand Central Station ( most of the tourist locations were a straight line for us), Macys, Herald Square area, Empire State Building, Rockerfeller Center, Time Warner Columbus Circle, Central Park and stumbled across the Frick Building.
Hotel: We arrived about 1:00 pm to the hotel and were able to check in early because our room was ready which I appreciated; we arrived in the city about 10:30 that morning and just did some site seeing. We were given a corner room on the 26th floor but I asked for a higher floor and the best they could do was a 31st floor corner room because nothing else was ready which I gladly accepted. The room was large- didn't feel cramped and the bathroom was a good size, I guess for New York with a sliding door. The view was not that spectacular for me. I could see a partial view of the Hudson River and I guess Lower Manhattan. I saw lots of buildings and roof tops but that's it. Probably needed to be above the 31st floor for those spectacular views other guest have raved about.
The room and entire floor was very quiet and could only hear sirens from the street. The one drawback was house keeping knocked on our door after 1:00 am waking us up, asking if we ordered foam pillows which I thought was strange, I called the front desk to inquire and was told someone had ordered foam pillows on our floor, the desk clerk apologized; I think house keeping should have known which guest ordered foam pillows rather than randomly knocking on doors.
I didn't have much interaction with the hotel staff other than the front desk clerk who didn't say much at all or thank us for being Hilton honor members like the other Hilton Hotels do in the other cities we've stayed at. I would not stay at this hotel again due to the large crowds of people on the street in and around this hotel. I've had the full Times Square Experience don't need to live through it again. Next month when we return we will stay in lower Manhattan to explore another side of the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 478camenw

Dear 478carmenw,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Feedback such as yours is a vital element to our success and used to train our staff on what our guests expect of us.
We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on our service in mind as we look to improve upon our service. We constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope your family will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I highly recommend the Hilton Times Square! Even though Times Square is extremely crowded 24/7, the lobby and rooms are high above the noise so it was a very quiet and pleasant oasis above the craziness.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you had a positive experience with us. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We checked in to this hotel at 5:25 in the evening and were told that our room was NOT ready yet. After confirming that check-in was at 3:00 and we were well past that check in time, I stated I didn't understand how my room could not be ready yet if it was several hours beyond check in time. I was answered with, well we had people checking out late. So that becomes MY problem? Completely not acceptable, but Kenny - the guy checking me in could care less. This place is definitely lacking in customer service. We stayed for 2 nights - the day after we checked in, we were out and about and didn't get back to room at about 10:30 pm...and quite surprised to find that our room was not cleaned and the beds were not made. Upon contacting management, no one had an aswer as to why other than to say "sorry". I had to recheck that this was actually a Hilton and not just some fly by night motel we were staying at. We have stayed at Hilton brand hotels in the past - but have never had a stay like this one.

Not sure how old the beds are either - but they are really not comfortable at all. I was so looking forward to having a nice comfy bed to come back to after a long day of walking around the City, but that didn't happen - definitely disappointed. The room itself was a nice size, as well as the bathroom. The location - well, that has to be the only good thing (in our eyes) about this hotel as it is right on 42nd street and an easy walk to anywhere you would like to go. Just be prepared though for busy streets as it does get crowded, but that's to be expected.

Next time we will be packing our bags and staying elsewhere - even if it wasn't for the first 2 snags we had, the comfort of the beds alone would make me keep on looking for another place to stay - where the staff would (hopefully) at least pretend to want you there and want to earn your business time and again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Giovanna P
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Joanne73,

Thank you for posting your experience with us on Tripadvisor. These comments give us a chance to improve the service our team provides to our guests. I apologize that you did not receive the high quality customer service you have come to expect from Hilton. If you could provide further details of your reservation and what Manager you spoke with regarding your issues it would help me with pinpointing where the breakdown occurred and we could address that with the staff.

We deeply value your business and realize that there are many other locations to choose from. We hope that you would consider the Hilton Times Square again and give us a change to turn your opinion of us around. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel stay was an absolute A+!!!! From the time we pulled up to the valet to the time we left!!! Room was clean and spacious and in a perfect location. All staff we encountered were courteous and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014
Lynell L, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Cavazos8,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you found our staff to be friendly and you enjoyed the views from your room. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The singular most helpful staff in NYC, Raquel on Front Desk was a joy and the smile that Jasmine possess can remove jet lag and tension in a heartbeat, you just know you'll be looked after, both very professional, both very human, thanks !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mkharty,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed all that New York has to offer and our property met all of your needs. I appreciate your kind words regarding Raquel and Jasmine. They are aware of your comments and truly touched by this acknowledgement. We appreciate your feedback. We deeply value your patronage and hope that you choose to stay with us again.