“Great hotel and staff!”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #111 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed for a week, central location close to the action. Lobby is on the 15th floor, we stayed on the 29th floor which turned out to be very quiet. Great view of the Empire State Building and the Freedom Tower. As a Gold HHonors member we got a free buffet breakfast every morning and it was always good. Very attentive waitstaff. Our stay was enhanced by Chad the front office manager. Our daughter had to film a dance audition for her dance studio since she couldn't audition live and needed a little space. Chad met me and showed me some conference rooms and since we were able to use them off hours he didn't charge us anything. The only thing he asked was for free tickets when she made it big!! You got them Chad! We would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: The higher floors have amazing views!
Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Feedback such as yours is a vital element to the success of our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging Chad, a true hospitality professional. Our number one goal is to give our guests a perfect 10 experience and it is staff members such a Chad who allow us to make that happen. I hope your future travels bring you back to us.

lynell.lovett@htsnewyork.com

Write a ReviewReviews (7,026)

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Hilton Times Square is well placed for travel to all attractions. We got room 4012 (paid a little extra for a high floor) and had a great view of the Empire State Building, the staff were friendly, deluxe rooms are huge and the subway is nearby ($30 for a 7 day travel card) which I recommend for getting around the city

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DawnH_London,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our centralized location and the outstanding service we provided. We appreciate this feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotel is in a great location. It is easy to get on a 2 3 line or A C line subway train from this hotel. Times Square is right around the corner. The rooms start on about floor 20 so you are well above the noise so our room was quiet. The room was a good size for the city and the bed was comfortable.

We arrived on foot as we had come in to Penn Station and it's really only a short walk from there to Times Square. The hotel was a little difficult to find. If you come in from 42nd street it's almost next to Ripley's believe it or not. If you come in from 41st street it's easier to see.

We had a drink in the bar a few times they have beer on tap and offer you some snacks. We only had one breakfast in the hotel which which was a basic and overpriced. However, there is an appleby's on the ground floor which was better value for money. My favourite breakfast is a couple of blocks away at Juniors but we stuck with the one on the ground floor.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GillPerry

Dear GillPerry,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you had a positive experience with us. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times with my husband, and children. The rooms are clean, comfortable and offer all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay, whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. The restaurant is very nice and offered a great breakfast. Front desk staff is pleasant, friendly and professional, as well as the bell staff, and doormen. You can't go wrong staying here. The location is terrific. Thumbs up to Raquel, Kenny, Craig and Dino they go out of their way to make you feel like you are the most important person in the hotel!!! THANK YOU for going above and beyond!!!!

Room Tip: corner suites are awesome. Ask if an upgrade is available, you just might get lucky!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Janet M

Dear Lyatt,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you had such positive interactions with our staff. We really appreciate this feedback and our team members appreciate this acknowledgment. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

From the moment we stepped out of the cab, the Hilton staff was very attentive. Even though we arrived way before check in time we were checked in and our luggage was held for us until the room was ready. We had sight seeing plans so we were in no hurry for the room and they gave us a phone number to call to check on the room's readiness. We didn't use it, as we didn't return to the hotel until very late in the afternoon. Upon our return, the desk staff called the bell man to bring our bags and they were delivered very quickly to our room. At the morning check in, all requests were accommodated and directions to our first sight seeing destination were provided. The room was very nice (received upgrade to 42 floor). Did not hear a lot of street noise, maybe the occasional siren. As others have said, the higher the better. Throughout our stay the staff was always friendly and the poor bell men were probably tired of us asking directions to everything, but they never wavered from their "happy to help" attitude. Would definitely stay here again. Great location and great staff. As with all NYC hotels, a bit pricey, but location, views, and staff make up for it.

Room Tip: Facing 42 street you can see the harbor and buildings at night. From our room we could see the New Y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sheila L ,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I am pleased that our staff was able to make this an amazing experience for you and the hotel was perfect for your needs. I hope your travels will bring you back as a result of this experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just returned from a great stay at the Hilton Times Square June 19-24. All the staff at this hotel were friendly and very customer service oriented from the doormen, bell staff, and the wait staff in the restaurant each morning during breakfast time. Check in was swift and took only a few moments thanks to Sarah who arranged before my trip for an upgrade and thanks to Marvin who checked me in and sent up a welcome baskets of cheese, crackers, and fruit. As a HHonors Gold I received free internet and breakfast every day. The internet was good and breakfast buffet was excellent. If given the opportunity request an even numbered room(I was in 4206) on high floors. These rooms all face the quiet 41st Street and lower Manhattan. I could see the Empire State Building and the new tower at the World Trade Center site. My room was very quiet and bed very comfortable. There we eight elevators to the rooms and they were very speedy. Most of the time I was only person on the elevators and only took seconds to reach my floor or the lobby floor. I could go on with compliments to this hotel which I will definitely return to. Just want Sarah and Marvin to know how much I appreciate their service.

Room Tip: Even number rooms on higher floors have the best views. All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear TN Travelr,

Thank you for your time in providing this insightful feedback. Thank you for acknowledging our team members Sarah and Marvin. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope your travels will bring you back as a result of this experience.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I've stayed here twice on biz for the last six months, and both stays were pleasant. Nicely decorated room, friendly staff, and located in the middle of all the actions(or in the zoo -lol). The property is probably not that new, but has a modern feel.

If you want to feel bustling NYC, it's a perfect choice!

I had a small hiccup during my first stay. Somebody had charged a breakfast to my room and I got a charge on my credit card a few weeks later. After a series of communications with their accounting, they dropped the charge. They didn't even have a record (copy of signed bill showing my signature), and sounded as if they are doing a favor for me by dropping the charge. But the accounting was responsive and I found a great price, so I gave a second chance and went back to stay there again this week.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Yo K ,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. We appreciate your positive feedback. I hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future.