“Great City Lights”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #112 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just love seeing the evening come on and all the wonderful New York Ciity lights appear. This hotel is very well situated and is surrounded by the city buzz New York is noted for. Overall a very pleasant experience. Just love this Hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Julie P
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Julie P,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Actual visit in Feb 2012, but forgot to post! Splendid upgraded room on 41st floor. Honors Diamond upgrade so predictable perfect service and care. Room upgrade exquisite.

Hotel location perfect for all manhattan tourism, plus knowledgable concierge very helpful in planning my stay.

100% enjoyed. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Greg Q,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of our hotel! We do always try to recognize our Hilton Honors members and thank them for their loyalty. We are delighted that you felt that way and look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for four nights in mid May. I had read about the refurbishment earlier and were encouraged by the recent reviews - and we were not disappointed!!! The room was spacious and clean and the facilities excellent. We treated ourselves to room service on one evening and it was excellent - both the food and the service. Our room was on the 32nd floor and had a good view of 42nd St and the Hudson. All of the staff were helpful and extremely friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

The location was excellent for our sight-seeing, which was a distinct advantage as we were only in this wonderful city for four nights. We packed masses into the days that we were there, which was in part due to the central location.

There are several excellent diners around the location, as well as good value restaurants.

It was also good to have a decent sized TV in the room, instead of the the small versions we tend to get in the UK!! This was brilliant for when we needed a respite from all the walking, so we were able to relax when needed.

House-keeping were great and unobstrusive, we would usually go back to our room for a break in the day around 1-2pm and our room had always been cleaned and made up by then. The beds were very comfy, one of the best that I had slept in when staying at a hotel.

Overall a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Barbara W
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Barbara W,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. I am truly glad you had a fantastic time with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I usually try to stay away from Times Square a bit when I go to NY, but my office is literally half a block away and it was too tempting. I will admit that I only spent a few hours here to sleep + get ready for work, but it was a great stay. The front desk reps were cordial and friendly and the bar was bustling during happy hour and later. My room was larger than many NYC hotel rooms I've stayed in and the bathrooms are stocked with Peter Thomas Roth products. If you're looking to stay off the strip a bit - enter at the 41st street entrance. Rooms start at floor 23 or so, and on the 26th floor I found my night to be very quiet. Would stay here again for work if the rates were good!

2  Thank Kate G

Dear Kate G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you had such positive experience during your stay with us. We really appreciate this feedback. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We enjoyed our stay immensely. While it was unusual to have to take an elevator up 15 floors to reach the lobby, and then transfer everything to another bank of elevators to get to your room, it was nice to be up high above the city, as the view from the room was terrific. The staff were great, helpful, friendly, went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be. Did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. We will for sure stay at this hotel the next time we visit New York.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank richardbX4448WM

Dear RichardbX4448WM,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled that you felt welcomed and well taken care of as our guest here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is a good hotel to stay at in New York if you want to be in the heart of Times Square.
The location is very good and convenient for getting around by walking of via public transportation.
I had a large room and it was super clean, with really good views of the city, river, and
42nd street. It was modern, but not fancy.
I only had the buffet breakfast, which was very good, so I can't rate what dinner is like.
I also like the setup of the hotel lobby area.
I did not notice if they have an Executive Floor - I didn't see it labeled in the elevator.
Housekeeping was fantastic - they were very friendly. So was the concierge.

Nothing to complain about, but for a hotel so expensive, it would help if the staff at the front desk, restaurant, and bar tried to smile sometimes. I don't like feeling like I'm bothering someone. Then again, this is New York - 90% of the restaurants that I ate at were the same way: service without a smile.

I enjoyed my stay and will stay here again the next time I am in Times Square.

1  Thank ILoveToRoam

Dear ILoveToRoam,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate this feedback and the opportunity to address some of the issues you have brought to our attention. Please be assured that we have addressed these matters. Hopefully upon your next visit you will find your stay with us a perfect one.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed there for a business meeting. Didn't get any special treatment from the staff. But the service was good and the location was ideal.Easy access to all the train stops. Walking distance to pick up Broadway show tickets. Close to movie theaters and Rockerfeller center.

Room Tip: Book early