Hilton Times Square
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
$302
$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
$303
$254
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$265
Travelocity
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
7,328 results
All reviewstimes squareraquel ortizgreat locationnew yorkstreet entrancethe empire state buildingdiamond memberfreedom towercorner roomhudson riverport authorityhigh floorroom was largestatue of libertycentral locationsubway stationbig apple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend stopped here for 1 week at the end of April for my 30th birthday, I can honestly say it was the best hotel I have ever stopped in, we arrived a little early for check in-not a problem our room was ready, we were given room 4110 on the 41st and the view was just amazing we were also given complimentary cocktail vouchers as a birthday gift, all of the staff from bell boys to management were spot on super friendly and helpful, room was very spacious and bed extremely comfortable, I can honestly say I do not have a bad word to say about this hotel..well maybe except free wifi in rooms, however it is available in lobby, thank you Hilton for helping make my 30th the best birthday ever, cannot wait to come back :-)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wild84
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Wild84,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us as a place to stay when visiting New York City. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Pros:
1. Great location for travellers - Hotel is conveniently located to the subway and the Port Authority bus terminal. Short walk to Times Square.
2. Spacious Room - Room is big enough and well-appointed.

Cons:
1. Loose Security - Just stayed at this property last Apr2014. Was traveling with kids and a senior citizen. We were followed by a man (carried a white plastic bag) at around 6pm local time to the hotel floor we were staying. We knew he was up to something because we heard him muttering to himself that he was visiting a friend, but it so happened he stood in front of the hotel room of tourmates. Thus, we knew he was lying. We stalled for a few minutes and watched his moves and managed to get back to lobby. We saw him return to lobby and talked to concierge. I immediately approached the same concierge after the man left and took the lift. The concierge told me that the man got lost as he was supposed to go to Doubletree Hilton. I told the concierge what happened but he just told me it seemed he was really lost because the man handed him a phone number which was a valid Doubletree Hilton number. Still skeptical about it, we left to grab some dinner at 43rd street. On our way back, we saw the same man who followed us earlier. Our eyes met and the minute he saw us, he shouted and caused a commotion. We walked hurriedly back to hotel. Thus, we confirmed that the man was not headed for Doubletree Hilton as we saw him just bumming around the vicinity. The nights after that, we decided not to take our meals around the hotel property as the same guy might just be hanging around. Reported the incident to concierge and hotel security, but not much help/assurance given either.

I suppose security is an issue in this property because the lifts bringing guests to hotel rooms do not require key card verification. Also, the ground floor lift carrying guests to hotel lobby does not have security check at all.

2. Housekeeping Needs Improvement - Housekeeping did change towels everyday and provided sufficient towels for use. However, for 2 consecutive nights, one of the towels provided were really dirty - sporadic black smudges.

Room Tip: Book higher floors to avoid the street noise. 42nd Street gets quite busy esp during weekend nights.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherr503
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Sherr503,

I hope this email finds you and your family well. I read the above complaint and must immediately apologize for the bad experience you encountered at the hotel. Hundreds of persons enter the hotel at any given time throughout the day. Keys are not checked throughout; unless a seemingly suspicious person try’s to enter. Times Square is so busy that indigents do enter all of the hotels and sometimes get past the security officers at the hotels. Our policy is immediate contact and arrest of any trespassers with the support of the New York Police Department.

Please give me the day of the encounter at 6 PM. I already looked at the cameras and cannot find the person and you describe in the elevator. I will then generate a picture to all of the hotels to be aware of this person and to question him if he should ever return.
I was also disappointed to find you spoke to someone in the Security Department; and nothing was done about your complaint. Please describe the person you spoke with.
I have discussed your experience with our Director of Housekeeping and are in the process of making changes to better accommodate our guests and their needs.

Your immediate help will assist me with a thorough investigation into the facts in this complaint. It will help us understand and bolster the Standard Operating Procedures of the department.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay and brining these matters to our attention. Our wish is that all our guests leave our hotel feeling that they are cared for and respected. We hope that this incident does not keep you from staying with us again in the future.

Eric Wyatt I Director of Safety and Security
eric.wyatt@htsnewyork.com

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Hilton Time Square is all the way up there. The lobby is accessible by a lift on 20-something-th floor. It's actually right in the area where there are tons of tourists, I sometimes find it a bit annoying surrounded by tourists who are over-excited and often drunk. Having said that, benefits from situating near a big tourist spot means lots of food and shopping choices too. Being all the way up, you can't really hear the noise at the street level either. Staff was OK - definitely not being the most friendly I've met but they were indeed efficient. Breakfast was OK. Room was very big by Manhattan standard - I even felt that the room looks lonely and could use a bit more furniture.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DT94024
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear DT94024,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Feedback such as yours is a vital element to our success and used to train our staff on what our guests expect of us. On your return trip we hope to give you the 5 star experience you have come to expect from Hilton.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Hotel is centrally located in Times Square, rooms are nice and clean. One day after running around the city, we returned to the hotel and found that housekeeping had never made up our room. I called housekeeping and they sent someone immediately to clean the room. When they were done they came to the lobby to let us know it was complete. Later that evening when we returned to the hotel after dinner, we found that they had delivered a complimentary wine and cheese tray to apologize for the oversight. Very nice surprise.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BrutusMcV
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear BrutusMcV,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate this feedback and the opportunity to address the issue you brought to our attention. I am sure upon your next stay with us you will find it a perfect one.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Obviously didn't deal with the highly-rated Raquel at the front desk and was not given any information that was helpful - just given key and price for valet parking. However, the room was ready at 1 p.m., on the 30th floor with a great view. This hotel is extremely clean and bed/pillows comfortable. I never even heard a siren throughout the night although I'm sure given the craziness right outside the hotel door there were plenty! The valet and bell staff on the first floor were much friendlier and more helpful than front desk staff. There definitely needs to be a sign on 42nd Street entrance or at least on the reservation confirmation email that the valet parking is on 41st Street. I double parked on 42nd and ran in to find out where to go - a bit stressful given the traffic. Don't know if I'd stay here again as it's really not off the beaten path of Times Square. The shock of merely walking out the front door was a bit jolting at times. Don't bother with Ripley's Believe it or Not as you can just people watch and be just as amazed (just kidding - we didn't even go to Ripley's...). If I do stay in Times Square again though, I'd stay here.

Room Tip: 30th floor facing 42nd Street had a great view including the Hudson River in distance and cool gold hand holding the wax museum sign and no street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank needvaca12

Dear Needvaca12,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate this feedback and the opportunity to address some of the issues you have brought to our attention. Please be assured that we have addressed these matters. Hopefully upon your next visit you will find your stay with us a perfect one. I hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future.