“Nice romantic weekend”

Ranked #104 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Hatboro, PA
“Nice romantic weekend”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a recent weekend when we had plans at Jazz at Lincoln Center. This turned out to be a great location for that on a very rainy weekend, as we were able to take the subway from the hotel to Columbus Circle and back, quickly and with little exposure to the rain. The hotel itself was also a lovely experience - aside from the big comfortable bed, the room featured interesting art, and the room was well laid out, and the bathroom seemed recently renovated. The view was amazing - we could see all of southern Manhattan and also New Jersey. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the hotel bar had just the right vibe for a nice drink before we retired for the night. We really appreciated how the housekeeping staff cleaned and re-stocked the room as we were in and out exploring the city throughout the day. It was a comfortable, romantic weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sshannon
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Sshannon,

Thank you for taking time to share this feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your room views, location of the hotel and our associates to be friendly and helpful. On behalf of our staff thank you for choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,402)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Kirby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Top location right in the heart of Times Square. Good sized rooms for a family of 4 with nice comfortable beds. Quick and efficient check in. The only negative I found was the wifi. It was free in the lobby but not in the rooms but we all had lots of problems logging on over the 4 days we stayed there and the wifi kept defaulting to the paid version not the free one. This needs sorted. Otherwise great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear GlobalTraveller063,

Thank you for your comments. We value every guest's feedback and opinion and your response will help us continue to fulfill our commitment to provide excellent customer service and superior guest experience. We hope that you will stay with us again to allow us another opportunity to "wow" you during your stay!

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a brilliant hotel with a great location. And when you need a good rest it's very quiet!
Great views of New York. At night the lit up sky lines are breathtaking.
Staff are very attentive (but not over attentive!).
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pst1968
Dear Pst1968,

Thank you for the 5-star review! I am genuinely appreciative that you choose us when traveling to the New York City area. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your most recent stay! We certainly appreciate the recommendation! We look forward to the next time your visit!

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Hilton Times Square is incredibly convenient because it is located in the heart of Times Square. This makes it an easy walk from Penn Station, all Broadway Theatres, many of the best restaurants (we walked to Le Bernardin and ABC Kitchen) and it's right next to a subway station if the weather is crummy. It's two blocks from the 8th Avenue Shake Shack - which makes it easy to take your meal to go instead of trying to fight for space at a table. The rooms are large for Manhattan hotel rooms. Very comfortable bed. I like the side lit mirror in the bathroom and the side faucet. Friendly, helpful staff. We stay here routinely, even though I do not enjoy the tourist vibe of Times Square.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise, try to get a high floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Ann06,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am genuinely appreciative that you choose us when traveling to the New York City area. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your most recent stay! Thank you for the complementary comments regarding our rooms, location, and staff. We look forward to the next time you visit. See you again soon!

Tampa, FL
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I travel all over the world as a makeup artist. That enables me to stay in a wide array of hotels. I can honestly say, with this hotel being smack in Times Square, I really didn't expect much in the way of friendliness. I couldn't have been more wrong!! From the room manager making sure my room was exactly the way I requested, the bellman that went to USF (Im from Florida) to the front desk, to the lightening fast room service. I was blown away!! I truly believe this was the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in. I can't thank you enough for making my stay in New York City better than I could've ever imagined! Trust me, I'll be staying with you for every trip up to NY. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank makeup_pro
Dear Makeup_pro,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled that you felt welcomed and well taken care of as our guest here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Murphy
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is quite nice. We had a 3 day stay and really enjoyed it. Super clean rooms, comfortable bed with great pillows and covers. Didn't even bother me that I didn't bring my pillow from home! You can't beat the location on it. It's in the heart of Times Square so you walk out the door and have NYC at your finger tips! I would definitely stay here again. Only negative I can think is you have to take an elevator from ground level and there's only two that take you up which can create a bottleneck to get into the hotel itself. Once in the lobby it's no problem - there's 6 elevators to take you to your room from there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank John P
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear John P,

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience with me. I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall. Thank you again for choosing us and for your time in writing this feedback.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

As a Hilton Honors member I normally count on their properties exceeding my expectations. Especially a property costing over $500.00 a night. Unfortunately, the Hilton Times Square was not the experience I was hoping for when I took my family to NYC for the weekend. Overall the hotel was just Ok. The location is a block or so Off Times Square yet it's priced as if you have Time Square views. The bar has a below average atmosphere and is definitely understaffed. The concierge was hard to find. I was told she would be in by 9 am..then told she wasn't coming in until noon..then told she was still running late and didn't arrive until close to 1 PM. She then promised to research something for us and leave a message for us in our room..which never happened. The room upon check in had 3 flies in it that we had to kill and room cleaning never occurred till we called to complain at 5 PM. We will definitely choose another property on our next trip to the city.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff C
Dear Jeff C,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience at our hotel. It is extremely disheartening and disappointing that we did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department managers and we will certainly improve our product and service so that we can hopefully "wow" you on your next visit. We hope you will provide us with that opportunity in the future.