“An excellent choice for Times Square”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #106 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Four Corners, Florida
“An excellent choice for Times Square”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you are visiting NYC, you can't beat the location...right on 42nd St near Times Square. Even if you are on business as I was, the subway is right outside the door with connections everywhere.

The lobby is not on the first floor, rather it is on a much higher floor which requires you to take two elevators to reach. Check in was very nice and I was given a room on the 25th floor with an excellent view.

Everything was clean and typical of a nice Hilton. The room was very spacious which is a big plus in Manhattan.

The main reason for four rather than five stars was the public areas which were not very large or inviting. The bar was outside of the elevators, the lobby small, etc. But otherwise, a very nice choice and I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank DamienHarveston
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear jsch3,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you found our location ideal for your needs and you enjoyed the views from your room. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,408)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Interacting with people on a daily basis, there are those who stand out because they take pride in what they do. There was a man who brought breakfast to our room one morning, I found out his name later,(Victor Gotay)and he was so kind & thoughtful. I was not feeling well, was with my mother and my two daughters, and Mr. Gotay made me feel like I was a valuable human being when he presented our breakfast. He was a standout in a sea of average as far as the other room service staff. I hope that the Hilton Times Square values a man like him, because with a personality and attention to detail like he has, I'm sure he will be going places in his career.
The only reason this property didn't get 5 stars from me, is that for the price I would hope that the Hilton would employ more people like Victor in all areas of hotel service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank blythexo
Dear Blythexo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our property. Victor is truly one of our top hospitality professionals. He will be happy to know he had such a positive impact on your stay. Feedback such as yours is a vital element to our success and used to train our staff on what our guests expect of us. I hope your future travels bring you back to the Hilton Times Square.

Lawrence, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014

First we thought we where safe, we have stayed at Hilton's before and where very nice. This place has a nice look downstairs, but you get into your room it's not to great. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, didn't even get any sleep due to my back hurting me. The room temp was so up and down and it felt like we had the windows open when it is 13 degrees out very poor insulated windows. I really can't believe the reviews this place received. If you want to sacrifice your comfort because it has a ok locations, which really isn't in Time Square then jump into the back hurting bed and also pay a nice price.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank LoveBalance
Dear lovebalance,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I apologize for the service issues you experienced. I want to assure you that this is not the norm here. Could let me know if you spoke to anyone at the property regarding these issues? If possible could you provide me with your room number so we can check the windows and bed and make sure there are no issues for future guests? I hope when you plan your next trip to New York City that you contact me directly. I would love to opportunity to change your opinion of us.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Times Square for a business trip and was certainly not disappointed. The hotel has a 'sky reception', which differs from the normal street level reception; which really adds to the exclusivity and elegance of the hotel. The room was clean and had an excellent view of Times Square. I will certainly choose the Hilton Times Square again in my future travels to NYC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cshard
Dear Cshard,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our rooms and views. Thank you again for your time and sharing these comments.

London
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Staff didn't seem to care about anything. Ran out of toast at the very disappointing breakfast buffet. Doorman pointed us in wrong direction and no one told us in advance that the entrance on 42nd street was closed

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank suepack
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear suepack,

I apologize that you were disappointed with your recent visit to our property. I do want to assure you that we do care about our guests and unfortunately that was not the impression you were left with. We have addressed these matters with our Food & Beverage team. Due to the Super Bowl activities in Times Square there have been periodic closings of our 42nd Street entrance by the New York Police Department. In addition, due to the unusually cold weather there have been some unexpected maintenance issues in that location as well. We have informed guests of this when it has been brought to our attention however these closures are sporadic in nature. This is a temporary issue and not the norm at this property. I hope this does not keep you from returning to stay with again where I assure you, you will be far from disappointed.

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been to NYC multiple times - but this was the absolute best experience that I've ever had in NYC. From the moment the cab arrived in front of the property - hotel staff were attentive and readily available to answer any questions. Brian, the gentleman who helped us get our luggage to our room, took a genuine interest in talking to me and being personable. The rest of the bellman were personable and greeted me every single time I came in and out of the building. The room itself was spacious, clean, and had a PHENOMENAL view of the Empire State Building. Just a few comments - the hallways were a little loud in the evening...up until about 10pm. I had one problem with the guest next door - but hotel security remedied that problem within 3 minutes of me calling to ask for assistance with the noise levels. Kudos to the hotel security for being so prompt and professional with their response. Also - they can ship! I started down to the first floor of the building with bags to ship home from my excessive shopping. Staff stopped me and directed me to the concierge. Concierge was able to box (they provided the boxes without charge) and get all of my labeling ready to FedEx two large packages home. I very much appreciated this convenience. I would highly recommend this facility and WILL be choosing this hotel again for my future travel to NYC.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alexandra B
Dear Alexandra B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of our hotel. I am glad our Bryan and our staff had such a positive impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I recently got back from a trip to the east coast for the first time. My fiancée and I's vacation included a weekend stopover in New York City, which truly just wasn't long enough. It was our first time in New York and we knew we wanted to stay in Times Square. I was searching on trip advisor when I came across a few hotels. Now Hilton may have not been the top rated hotel, but it is right up there with "the best".
I didn't both too much with the details in other customer reviews but rather went straight for the customer photos. I looked at photos of the view from outside the hotel (right on times square), the hotel lobby, the rooms, and MOST IMPORATANTLY the view. The views from customer photos of uptown were phenomenal. I wondered what hotel was across the street from the Hilton in view from the room. For those who didn't know it is the famous Carter Hotel.
Once I saw the view I knew that the Hilton would be my hotel. I'm sure that other Hotels may have been able to offer similar views, but called me old fashioned for choosing a "safe" choice hotel. Sure it may not have been as adventurous as other hotels, but who spends all their time on vacation in their hotel room. I was in New York City for the first time, and the only I would even be at the hotel would be have a place to shower, sleep, and keep my stuff. Please do your best to travel light, something I made the mistake of not doing on this trip.

Now the hotel was wonderful. We go to the airport and took an NYC cab to Times Square for a flat rate of $52.00 not including tolls or tip (so please tip your driver for the hour plus ride). When we got to the hotel (through the back entrance) the door man took our bags and asked for our names so they could bring our stuff to our hotel room. We took the elevator to the lobby and checked in with Merissa. She was nice enough to look into putting us in a hotel on or above the 40th floor facing Times Square street side, 42nd street, or up town. I had previously called to book the King Deluxe room so that I may have the chance to get a room on that floor with that view. I was advised on the Hilton Honors site as well as over the phone that they could not guarantee my room preference, but rather note it for the hotel front desk for when I arrive to check in. Prior to arriving in New York I had called and spoke with reservation, they had asked me to call around 7 or 8 am to confirm what rooms were available, based on guests checking out and my check in time. I forgot to call them back but thanks to Merissa and with a little bit of luck I was able to get my room. I was initially set up when I arrive with a room facing downtown, it did have a view of the Empire state building as well as the sunset, if that's something you're looking and I think even of lady liberty herself.
We took the fast elevator up to our room, and after taking in the view our bags had arrived and Brian took the liberty of pointing out a few things in view from our room. He pointed out Times Square, the carter hotel, Hudson pier, and the New Year’s Eve famous BALL. At night the view is the best. It really gives you a stir about where you are. Although next time I will try to stay in a room with a down town view, so I can catch a view of New York at sunset.
The room was great, heating and cooling system very responsive, bathroom was gorgeous, and the furniture was very modern.
The service was excellent the DOOR MEN are very helpful. Multiple Metro Stations are close by, room service prices were decent.
The only cons I came across were the minibar was empty and unplugged. The main entrance from Times Square street side was closed due to construction. Other than that my time there was amazing and I would recommend the Hilton Times Square for anyone. Please be sure to look at my pictures. Plan Plan Plan your trip in advance to make the most of your time. The hotel is just the crust in your pie; it's up you to find the rest.

Room Tip: Choose a high enough floor maybe somewhere between the 30th and 44th (top floor). Decide if you want...