“I wish it would have been better”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #112 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here over Thanksgiving and the following weekend, and must say I was really disappointed. This was not up to the level of service I normally expect from Hilton. I am a gold member and asked for an upgrade when I arrived to be told by the apathetic desk person that --no there were none available. That was fair, and I understand that they are not always available, but I asked if he would keep us on a list for upgrades if one did become available and was told that no, he wouldn't do that. What??? At every other Hilton I have stayed at this was done for me. When I got to my room, it had a few things that just made it seem icky, like hair in the sink. But I decided to just let it slide. That was until I got online after paying a premium for my room for Wed. and Thursday (Thanksgiving) to see that the price I paid was more than double the price that was being advertised on the Hilton site! What???? So I went to the front desk to ask for a price adjustment for the remainder of my stay. When pulling up the prices, I actually saw the desk clerk pull up an even LOWER price than the one I found online -- but he would not credit me that night that I was staying, only the three nights later in my stay to the lower price that I found (not the one that he had accidentally pulled up). This just made me mad.

When I asked to see a manager, I was told he was not available. I did speak to the housekeeping manager, and she was nice and did finally get me an upgraded room for the last two days of my stay. But still, this was not the level of service I have come to expect from Hilton, and certainly not why I maintain a gold status with Hilton. If this is what it was always like, I would switch to another hotel chain for rewards. It's too bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking to the time to post a review of our property on Tripadvisor. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your room rate and housekeeping service. We hope to give our guests a perfect 10 experience but we realize sometimes we fall short of our goal. I have discussed your experience with our Front Office and Housekeeping Managers. We will use this as a way to better train our staff on what our guests expect of us. When you plan your next trip to New York I hope we have the opportunity to show you that we truly are hospitality professionals and can provide the service you have come to expect from Hilton.

lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com

Write a ReviewReviews (7,031)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was with a group of ladies for a short one night stay in this beautifully renovated hotel. Chad was very accommodating and most helpful. The location was perfect and I was very impressed as this was my first time to NY City. The concierge was also helping in suggested a location for dinner and making reservations for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank india9902
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear india9902,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Feedback such as yours is a vital element to the success of our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging Chad, a true hospitality professional. Our number one goal is to give our guests a perfect 10 experience and it is staff members such a Chad and our Concierge team who allow us to make that happen. I hope your future travels bring you back to us.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

this is a fabulous hotel located in the heart of Times Square. The staff was excellent.This hotel is an excellent base for shopping, exploring Times Square. The room was very nice. It was tastefully appointed. I look forward to another visit to this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan F
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from Dec 17-19th. It was our first time staying in Manhattan and we decided to pick a hotel that is close to a subway station and stores that open late at night.

The service was great as people working in the hotel was very nice to us with their greetings. (and they let us checked in early)

The room (1 king) was clean and tidy, and we had a pretty good view looking out to times square.

Only one little issue I don't like is that you need to take two separate elevators in order to get to your room....!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ivantam38

Thank you for taking the time to write about your past stay with us. We hope to give our guests an excellent experience and are happy to know we were able to give that to you. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our Christmas holidays were fab in this hotel, fantastic room with a wonderful view. The staff are so friendly, and I appreciated the man removing the elevators carpets to clean, taking the time to hold the doors for me & wishing me a " happy holidays" , a lovely human touch! Don't know your name, but you are part of a great team of people keeping the hotel bright & clean.. Thanks to all, we enjoyed our stay & would love to return.. X

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine M

Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your holiday. We appreciate your feedback and kind words regarding our rooms and staff. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just completed our second stay at the Hilton Times Square, and it was just as fabulous as our first. The manager, Chad Nathan, was in touch before our arrival to make sure our rooms were what we needed. Marvin, at the front desk, remembered us from our previous visit. We love the central location that allows us to walk everywhere we wanted to go. We won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank PLemel

On behalf of the staff and management of the Hilton Times Square, I would like to thank you for your complimentary review about your experience at our hotel especially with Chad and Marvin. I was happy to let them know that their efforts to provide exceptional service was successful. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The staff at this hotel, in Times Square, makes all the difference. We stayed first wkend in December 2013. From check in to check out we were not disappointed. We brought our 8 yr old granddaugher who had the best time ever for her 1st time in Times Square, NYC. No request to small and no request to big...the staff did it all! The staff at this hotel conveys a 'come back'! we value you mood. We stayed on the 44th floor and enjoyed the lights and sounds of Times Square. In close proximity is Mdme. Tussard's and the Ripley's Believe it or Not and kitty corner to the Foxwoods theater. A truly memorable weekend, in part because of the wonderful staff at this hotel. Will definitely be back in the spring. Super clean room, absolutely great location! Go, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were on the 44th floor, 42nd St. side. Lights and action!! It was awesome.