Stayed here over Thanksgiving and the following weekend, and must say I was really disappointed. This was not up to the level of service I normally expect from Hilton. I am a gold member and asked for an upgrade when I arrived to be told by the apathetic desk person that --no there were none available. That was fair, and I understand that they are not always available, but I asked if he would keep us on a list for upgrades if one did become available and was told that no, he wouldn't do that. What??? At every other Hilton I have stayed at this was done for me. When I got to my room, it had a few things that just made it seem icky, like hair in the sink. But I decided to just let it slide. That was until I got online after paying a premium for my room for Wed. and Thursday (Thanksgiving) to see that the price I paid was more than double the price that was being advertised on the Hilton site! What???? So I went to the front desk to ask for a price adjustment for the remainder of my stay. When pulling up the prices, I actually saw the desk clerk pull up an even LOWER price than the one I found online -- but he would not credit me that night that I was staying, only the three nights later in my stay to the lower price that I found (not the one that he had accidentally pulled up). This just made me mad.
When I asked to see a manager, I was told he was not available. I did speak to the housekeeping manager, and she was nice and did finally get me an upgraded room for the last two days of my stay. But still, this was not the level of service I have come to expect from Hilton, and certainly not why I maintain a gold status with Hilton. If this is what it was always like, I would switch to another hotel chain for rewards. It's too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton