“Very Comfortable Beds!”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #110 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband said it was the most comfortable hotel bed he's ever slept on. Everything was great. We enjoyed our stay and the location was great. The staff was responsive. We have stayed at several hotels in the Time Square area. This one is a little further down than we were used to (42nd St) but it was still very close to all the action of Time Square.

Room Tip: Our room looked onto 42nd street. It was great and our room as high enough that we didn't hear t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie L

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel was ok.
the housekeeping do amazing job. the GM took my notices very well. the receptionist was nice, the bell boy was very attentive and so the door man outside.

room was ok, but I was disappointed that they did not give complimentary water. only for HHH gold. the weird thing is I stayed there twice. sometimes they send me waters when I asked, and the last time I came there the phone operator was a woman. and I asked my sister to call.

She said "hi can I have bottled of water?" the operator said "ok"

then in the 15 mins none send it. she called again and the female operator said ok again.
then never come till I am the one who called and said this "hi, my sister been calling beside me asking for water and it never came. can I asked for it again?" she sighed and said this "look mam, water is only given for hhh gold honor member. but Its ok, I will close my eyes and send you one, ok??" and I said "wonderfull, thank you"

and yes it never came. so my question is, if you cant give me water, you can simply said you cant, rather than yes I will but it never delivered.

I was actually very happy with this hotel. but this water thing leave me 3 star mark.

water did not costs much, really, the most is 1 bucks one bottle. and 2 bottle a night there wont make them bankrupt.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank beautifulmatters
Chad N, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Greetings from the Hilton Times Square!

I’m writing to you regarding your most recent visit with The Hilton Times Square. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. We are constantly trying to make our team stronger, and in our effort towards continuously improving, your feedback is priceless.

I'm embarressed to hear about the issues that you experienced at our hotel. I can assure you that we will be looking into what happened and to see where the ball was dropped. As I'm sure you can image, the incident you described is far from the top notch service that we are known for. If you would be so kind as to e-mail me at your convenience (cnathan@hts-nyc.com) I have no doubt we can make the situation right and we can learn exactly what happened to help prevent it from happening to future guests.

We understand that you have a choice while traveling, and we thank you for making the Hilton family of Hotels, and our Hilton, your choice. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Times Square for four days in September and on a first visit to New York it made the trip memorable. The hotel was excellent throughout and no reason to complain. The view from our room on 40th floor over 41st was excellent. Would recommend to anyone - well worth it and right in the middle of everything - Time Square and theatre all within easy walking distances (5-10 mins)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent hotel in the heart of Times Square. Excellent room, comfortable beds, top notch TV, etc. IF there was any down side it would be parking but then again you are in the heart of Times Square so if you drive into the city use the hotels valet parking and forget about the car until you leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The unpleasant part of the stay:
I stayed at the Hilton Times Square for three nights - including the weekend - for a conference. This hotel is huge and was crawling with tourists (tour busses spewing out tourists in matching outfits, clogging up the lobby and looking like deer in headlights). This hotel could use a facelift and is looking a bit shabby. The bed could have used replacing, too, and was not what I expect when paying a good chunck of money for a room. Wireless cost $15 per day - despite my Hilton "Honors" Membership. I needed my colleagues to work on their computers in my room at night and each person had to pay the $15.00 Internet fee - even though they had paid for service in their own rooms! My Internet bill was crazy. Hey Hilton, get in the 21st century and quit nickel and dimeing your guests with Internet fees! >:-(

The nice part of the stay:
The conference accommodations were very good - nice breakfast and lunch buffets served by attentive and courteous staff, good technical support (but no wireless!). Housekeeping staff and desk staff were very pleasant. The rooms were clean and large by NYC standards. There were no connecting doors so the room was very quiet (but this could just be considerate neighbors). The Hilton is in an ideal location - half a block from the action of Times Square but away from the craziness for a good sleep.

Bottom line:
I've stayed in nicer hotels in Times Square for less.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 29Teddy
Chad N, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear 29Teddy,

Greetings from the Hilton Times Square! We greatly appreciciate the time you took to post your response. We are constantly trying to make our team stronger, and in our effort towards continuously improving, your feedback is priceless.

I am happy to report that our Sky Lobby in currently being rennovated and should be done by the middle of October. It will have a much more up-to-date atmosphere and flow. We do also offer complimentary internet in the lobby.

I would like to apologize if your bed was uncomfortable. Our mattresses are less than one year old because of our recent rooms renovation. If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to message me so I could correct the issues that you experienced?

We understand that you have a choice while traveling, and we thank you for making the Hilton family of Hotels, and our Hilton, your choice. Please let me know if and when you plan to return to the Square, nothing would make me happier than keeping a special eye on your accommodation. I look forward to hearing back from you, and all of us look forward to serving your future travel needs.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just stayed 3 nights here and will certainly be back. Great rooms, awesome views, fantastic location, superb service. Four of us stayed in two rooms - one king, one double. Both on 33rd floor. One facing south toward Empire State Building and Freedom Tour, other facing north toward Times Square. No issues with street noise. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Pay for deluxe to get 33rd floor or higher for fabulous views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a week and honestly enjoyed our week here. Check-in was effortless, the rooms were spacious and the toilets and amenities were fantastic.
We stayed in a king corner room (at a supplement) and had a fantastic room on the 29th floor with great views of the Empire State Building.The room itself was spotlessly clean, and the maid service was great, with the rooms changed and cleaned daily. Large LED flat-screen TV with loads of channels and a free safe for guests use. Only gripe being that the WiFi was chargeable at $13.99-$17.99 per 24 hours which I thought was excessive and should have been included within the rate. That cost is also per device - so if you have a laptop, iPad, iPhone you will need to pay that rate for each device, a bit much really. WiFi is free in the lobby, but most nights too overcrowded to browse with any degree of privacy.
Hotel location is spot on, right bang in the middle of 42nd St. Madame Tussauds, Ripley's Believe it Or Not, The Cake Boss Bakery and 3 cinemas are all on the same street and you can walk to each in under 5 minutes. The hotel is also well situated for all main subway lines and we caught the subway on most days to explore the island. You can also walk to the Empire State Building, Macy's, Broadway and Times Square easily too.
If you're looking for a hotel with everything on your doorstep, then this is the hotel for you. Clean, excellent staff and very modern welcoming rooms made out stay worth remembering. Just prepare yourself for when you step outside as you are swept into a frenzy of people on some nights and this can take a bit of getting used to!

Room Tip: High floor corner room will afford you the best views. Would recommend 2902.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple