Okay, upon arriving at this hotel, i was nicely greeted by the doorman who took my luggage to the bell stand and then was handed off to another bellman who took me up to the 19th floor to the Lobby.
Upon getting to the lobby, i was greeted by the front desk manager and was able to check in about 3 hours early.
I was given a corner room on the 39th floor that faced Times Square itself.
Very nice views of downtown and of the area.
However here is where the concern comes in.
The next morning, i went downstairs to the restaurant to get breakfast.
I waited at the stand for a few minutes, and since no one was at the desk to sit anyone i just got a seat for myself.
Since, i was only really thristy and wanted some fruit, i was asked if i had the breakfast voucher. I handed the guy the voucher and then was on my way.
Upon drinking my juice and banana i recieved a bill by the guy.
I looked in it, that so called juice and banana i had would of ordinarily cost me $20.50. Then there was a hand stamp on here saying (Gratuity not included) What gratuity, all i had was some juice and a banana.
I'd feel sorry for some other person with no voucher who wanted a bowl of cereal and some juice and had to pay $20.50.
Then, upon getting my bill, i noticed that the supposed $13.99 for the internet had actually turned into $15.70 with taxes included.
So you get the my sense of where i'm going with this.
I was just concerned with the price for a juice/banana and internet for one day would of ordinarily cost me over $35.00.
So just beware when staying at the hotel about the breakfast price and internet.
The fitness center is actually in a make-shift meeting room.
There are a couple of pieces of equipment to use but it would be a little embrassing in your workout clothes and have 100 people for a meeting outside the door talking and watching you workout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton