“Sue@Hilton times square”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #115 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Times Square for 14 nights in July this year. I would give this hotel an excellent rating. Firstly the size of the rooms were huge for New York. I asked if we have a fridge in the room and straight away they brought up one for me. The location was first class, for us it was convenient for everything we needed. I had dealt with a lady at the front desk and her name was Stephanie Leon and she was excellent and so helpful in every way. We also met the manager Chad Nathan and he was also excellent and very helpful. In summary this was an excellent hotel in every way and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: We were on 28th floor and I wouldn't want to be lower than that.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. The room was comfortable and clean, but the best part of this hotel was the staff. I found everyone from the doormen to the people at the front desk to the cleaning staff pleasant and most accommodating. We also ate in the restaurant in the front desk area. The food was excellent and the staff pleasant there as well. I recommend the Above burger. It was cooked to perfection. Thank you all for an enjoyable stay in NYC.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Wife and daughter received the best treatment ever from Ivan at the concierge desk. A job well done! The personal service delivered was above and beyond expectations. Would highly recommend this property for its location and service.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've been to NY many times, but this was the first time w/the family, and I knew the kids would enjoy being at Time Square. Perfect location for families, with the subway station right across the street, and many interesting things to look at within walking distance. The rooms are large by NY standards, bedding is amazing, views spectacular. Staff super nice and helpful. Lobby has casual seating/waiting area, along with a restaurant, but is not spectacular looking (as some are), but for me, this is not important. We were two families traveling together, with kids age 14, 16, 17, and 17. Tips for families: Great cheap breakfast across the street at PAX. $5 for great omelet/hashbrowns/toast breakfast. They also have bagels, pancakes, cerial, fruit... absolutely everything your kids would want for breakfast. Inexpensive lunches available all over the city at Delis, Subway's and the wonderful Famiglia chain (which is where we went). I recommend the calzones, which were huge, so we cut and shared. Dinner prices can't be beat at Dallas BBQ directly across the street from hotel. I recommend a City Pass for sightseeing, though we only did the "free" stuff due to my husband's extremely frugal brother. You can walk to everything worth seeing in Midtown and it's fun just walking the streets. If you only have a day - go to the top of the Rock (print/pay $19 tickets online b-4 you go), Ride the "Beast"/ $24/20 online in advance, which is a fun speed boat road to see the Statue of Liberty up close (see video on their online site). We took the FREE Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, which gets pretty close (brother-in-law didn't want to fork out $20 a head for tour, which I would recommend, since it provides interesting facts/history and also covers Ellis Island). The free Staten Island Ferry ride was wonderful though, but involved some waiting. 50 minute round trip ride, gets pretty close, but you do need to line up and wait aprox. 20 minutes at both ends. While you are in the south end of Manhattan, take your kids to ground zero/World Trade Center (you need passes in advance- and patience due to long lines in the hot sun), Battery Park, walk the water and look at the boats, check out the financial district, and the seven kids left "occupying Wall Street", and the NY stock exchange. When you return to the hotel, walk east, or subway over (7 plum line) and check out Grand Central Station (print out self walking tour b-4 you go, and see one of the many movies shot there after you return home!). While you are there you can check out the nearby Chrysler building, the NY Public Library (just for a glance), and United Nations. Don't miss Central Park. It's big, so you will need to subway to the far end but you can walk to the south end of Central Park from the hotel (it's a decently long walk, but fun if you walk up 5th avenue afer checking out Rockefeller Center. You may want to spring for the Carriage Ride. Don't! I recommend starting early in the morning, and heading to the other end of the park. Take the subway to west end of park/86th, and check out American Museum of Natural History ($19 for just museum/$25 w/IMAX show/$34 w/IMAX & Planetarium space show), spend the morning there, walk east, check out Belvedere castle (miniature castle/great views), eat lunch, then check out Metropolitan Museum of art in the afternoon. John Lennon fans may want to enter at 72nd street where they can check out his memorial, and walk up the path towards Natural Hist. Museum afterwards. Go to the top of the rock at dusk if it works w/your schedule. A Broadway show is a must (if you can afford it). I was able to pick up 1/2 price broadway tickets in advance by spending $7 to join Broadway.com which offers discounts to many of the things you will want to do while in NY. We saw "One Man, Two Guvnors" and it was fabulous! 3 of the 4 kids loved it. Very slapstick. All the theaters are within a stones throw from the hotel. The TKTS line and the red steps are fun to check out, but there really is no need to be in that line. Have fun! - and don't forget to bring your best walking shoes.

Room Tip: We were two families and had rooms on different sides. Both had two queen beds (many NY hotels have...
6  Thank Luv2Trvlcheap
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton Times Square for 5 nights - my husband and me plus our 2 teenagers. My favorite parts were location (just a block off Times Square - right next to Madame Toussards) and the room sizes. We had a room with 2 queen beds and also got a roll-away so that my teenagers didn't have to share a bed. This worked out perfectly - the room is tight with the extra bed, but it folded up nicely when not in use. Some other hotels just have double beds in the rooms, so this was nice. The concierge was also helpful (but often busy) and we even had help from a maintenance worker who brought out his set of screwdrivers to help replace batteries in a toy we'd purchased on the trip (thanks!)

I've previously stayed at the Westin, and I'd say this hotel is quite similar. The room was a bit bigger, but the bathroom maybe a touch smaller. Both hotels are on my list for future visits.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is right in the middle of Times Square!! But the hotel overbooked and cancelled my reservation with no apologies. They ended up putting us in room when one king bed even though we had four people with us. Horrible service! I won't book this hotel ever again. I need a more reliable place to stay when traveling thousands of miles away from home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At The Hilton Times Square, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet yours, or our own, expectations. I have personally reviewed your issues with both our Front Office team to ensure that something like this does not happen again.

We deeply value your patronage and hope that you choose to stay with us again. If you would like, please contact me directly so I may work to restore your confidence in our hotel. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Hilton.

Lynell Lovett
Administrative Operations Manager
lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel doesn't look much from the outside but once you go up a level to the reception everything was as you'd expect from a Hilton. The room on 31st floor was quiet despite the hotel being right in the center of Times Square activity. Receptionists were very friendly and not pretentious as in the other hotel I had come from. I didn't eat in the hotel but I did have a glass of wine - at $16 this was rather steep by my liking but that is my only complaint. It was easy to store my luggage after I checked out until the end of the day which was really helpful, and the location is superb if you want to be right in the midst of the city.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business