“A Beautiful Luxurious Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad New York

Ranked #31 of 479 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Lehi, UT, United States
“A Beautiful Luxurious Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

A beautiful hotel, and they met every need! After this experience we always joked, 'We're not at the Conrad anymore", cause we wished we were. Bottles of water left for our enjoyment. Very helpful staff. Wonderful restaurant and the food is exceptional! Out of the ordinary. Wonderful location, clean, quiet, new and fun!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Jeanene F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I live in New York but every once in a while go stay at a hotel for the weekend to enjoy Manhattan. This is a great place. Full of restaurants; a giant movie theater attached; the Battery and its monuments and walking/bike path all the way up to George Washington Bridge. Hotel rooms are wonderful, even the ones without a view. Interior decorating of lobby is gorgeous. Nice bar but a bit expensive. I usually walk to local places for breakfasts since there are many in the area a few blocks away. There are a few restaurants [Blue Smoke, Harry's, North End Grill, Shake Shack] and a few others now that are excellent. When your feet get tired of walking around the city, go to a movie, freshen up in your room and have a great dinner. January the cheapest time to stay and if you don't hate weather, NY perfect then.

Room Tip: If you can get a side room not facing the Goldman Sachs building, its great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Era101
Boca Raton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed here when it was an Embassy Suites. It was great then and even better now (except no more free breakfast). Lots within walking distance. I am originally from this area and very familiar with downtown Manhattan, so it was fine for me because I know my way around and knew to walk to Little Italy, Chinatown, Statute of Liberty Ferry, 911 Museum and the Brooklyn Bridge. Others not familiar with NY may find it less centrally located and less convenient to Broadway, but subways are close by. IMO the condition of the hotel and room size are worth it even if a little inconvenient to midtown. Would likely stay again. No complaints. Everything was perfect. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Janet,

Thank you so much for sharing this review and recommending our hotel to the rest of the TripAdvisor Community! We are thrilled to hear you had an exceptional stay with us, and truly appreciated all that our Lower Manhattan location has to offer including the nearby neighborhoods as well as the convenient Public Transportation for exploring the rest of the city. I am also very happy to hear you enjoyed the new design of our hotel! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Robert

Robert Rechtermann
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: Robert.Rechtermann@conradhotels.com
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business July 21 -24th and often travel to NY. This is by far the best hotel I have found. Nice and spacious with a living room and large bedroom with great service and extremely clean. The business center is top notch and they don't nickel and dime you for every page you print which I appreciate. If you enjoy the outdoors, the river is right across the street with a great exercise path. I am Marriott Platinum but this hotel has me second guessing my allegiance. I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stockbridge, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is definitely not the four Seasons or Ritz Carlton just the price reminds you of this type of hotel. The location is great but there are no real views. Do not believe the pictures posted on the internet of the hotel they must have been taken 15 years ago. The daily rate ranges from about 350 and way up to 1500 per night. Nothing is really included in these prices the parking fee is 65 dollars per night along with internet fee for 10 dollars more. We stayed here as a family and were treated like second class citizens people only helped if you were holding a tip in your hand. Too many nicer hotels which included everything nearby and similar cost or cheaper. The rooms are suppose to be a hip decor that is just uncomfortable. The chairs were difficult to sit in and the bed was small even though it was supposed to be a king bed. Nothing is at it seems on the internet. I would not stay here again even if some one paid me too. There is a restaurant in the hotel which the food was so fancy it misses the mark for taste. Really nice looking but the flavor was disappointing.

Room Tip: There are only the 1000 dollars per night suites which are on the higher floors that are nice. The c...
Green Features: There are no environmentally friendly things about this restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Timothy F
ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Timothy,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and we will keep your concerns in mind as we constantly evolve to provide the quality service and accommodations you deserve. Should you return to the city in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Robert

Robert Rechtermann
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: Robert.Rechtermann@conradhotels.com
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a great stay here. Every interaction with staff was very pleasant. I really like their style of service: Professional and courteous without being needlessly formal. They give you what you need/want in a way that's very customer-centric and polite. Relaxingly efficient.

Driving in was pretty easy for us. GPS directions showed us the way without incident and you don't have to contend with too many crazy turns to get there.

We'd reserved a slot for a 3pm Statue of Liberty cruise and we were arriving at the hotel at 2:45pm. So we wanted to drop our car with the valet, use the restroom and catch a cab over to where the boats leave (about a mile away). The process was so efficient we were able to check-in at the same time in just a few minutes. Very nice.

We appreciated the large room with a living room and 2 TVs so our family of 4 could spread out. The modern build-out was very nice. I hear this used to be an Embassy Suites but I'd never have guessed that if I hadn't read that ahead of time. Most of our cab drivers were unaware of where the Conrad was - sometimes telling them it used to be an Embassy Suites helped.

The double beds were a little small - it would be nice if they were queen sized. Or if the sofa folded out into a bed (ours didn't). The N'Espresso in-room coffee was the best in-room coffee I've ever had.

The neighborhood is terrific. Short walk to the 9/11 Memorial. Lots of new stores (Whole Foods Market, Vintry Fine Wines) and restaurants (Shake Shack, North End Grill). Very easy to catch a cab each time we needed one.

Breakfast was very good. They gave us 4 vouchers as a Hilton Gold benefit and made it clear the kids could get whatever they wanted off the kids menu and if we didn't like the set choices from the Hilton Honors selections we could get a $20 per person credit. I really appreciated the way they made this very clear and easy. When we were done with breakfast our server said "you're all set!" - no check or hassle or anything. Nice.

Check-out was similarly pleasant. Since we used a free weekend certificate (one of 2 weekend nights for signing up for a Hilton Reserve credit card) so our room rate and tax was covered. All we had to pay for is valet parking ($60 or so if I recall, which of course feels steep but in the context of overall value I was fine with it). The rooms were going for around $300 a night when I checked so it was a good (but not great) use of the certificate. That said, I'd go back and do the same deal again in a heartbeat.

Before we left, we wanted to do some shopping while they got our car. We left our bags with the bellman and when we came back our car was waiting for us. They remembered my name and presented our car to us all loaded up and ready to go even though there were a few other parties swirling around by then.

When we got home I noticed you can sometimes get bonus Hilton points (for select promotions) when staying at a Conrad - even when using points or a certificate to pay for the stay. I signed up for a couple promos the day after we checked out and evidently I did so in time because the points posted to our account the next day including the bonus. Very nice!

A fantastic visit from beginning to end. I'd stay at another Conrad for sure and I like this location. It's kind of 85% as nice as a Mandarin Oriental from a build perspective but the style of service was even more to my liking at the Conrad. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RobertDwyer
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

5 stars in every category. Stayed 2 nights and had the gold level breakfast 1st morning and it wasn't worth the time really; second morning went out to Benvenuto on Greenwich, highly recommend good food and just far enough to miss the tourist prices and crowds.

Battery Park Esplanade was even more beautiful than I remember so don't miss the sunset walk!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo