“The best place in NY I have stayed at”
Review of Conrad New York

Conrad New York
Ranked #31 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been traveling to NY for work for almost a decade now and have stayed at many properties across Manhattan. This has to be the best I have stayed at. The rooms are big(by NY standards). Very modern decor. Very well located. Great staff.

Check in & Checkout: This was a really smooth process. We had asked for an early check-in and were given without fuss. Hardly took us any time to check-in and move to our room.

Room: This was a big surprise for me. The room was quiet big as compared to a lot of places I have stayed in NY including Hilton Millennium, Double tree Hilton, Club quarters, W, etc. Well equipped room with comfortable beds. Well maintained.

Gym: Gym was good and well equipped. Enough Treadmills and cycles for a few people. Not many free weights for strength training. I don't know why but I find alot of hotels shying away from keeping enough free weights.

Location: Very well located. In the financial district. Right in front of WFC3. Walking distance from the WTC metro station. very close to the hudson promenade for people taking a stroll or run along the river.

Service: Brilliant as expected. Though i stayed here for one day only my interaction with the staff at checkin and checkout, luggage drop, etc.

Value: At almost $500 a night it is an expensive place to stay at. Then again nothing is cheap in NY. For the location, facilities and city I think it's a price I don't mind paying

Overall a very good stay at Conrad for me. Will definitely stay here next time onwards if I have to stay somewhere in downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cadmus82
Write a ReviewReviews (3,443)

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Location might not seem ok for uptown sightseeing but the location is superb - overlooking Hudson and opposite NJ . The style of the hotel is pure quality. The rooms are veru well appointed mini suites and extremely comfortable. The breakfast choice ( on inclusive rates ) is a bit restricitive but is is very tasty and filling.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My experience at the Conrad in New York surprised me, and not in a good way. I came to the Conrad on a Monday evening as part of a road show selling bonds to support my employer, DC Water. The Conrad is adjacent to Goldman Sachs headquarters in NYC, our investment banker. I understand that Goldman is a part owner of Conrad, so my expectations were high. I was greeted by a reasonably surly woman at the reception desk who was not overtly nasty, but was not friendly or helpful either. As it turned out, I was assigned a handicapped accessible room – which I am fine with on that score. Except, I was surprised to discover that these rooms are as far from the elevator bank as they could possible be, which is fine with me – but would be quite a challenge for someone actually in a wheelchair. As a practical matter, the next morning I found the shower had a complicated design that I was not able to master over several days – and at first it caused me to spray water all over the bathroom. My colleague, assigned a similar room on a different floor, had the same experience. A word of explanation from reception would have been helpful. To top off the start, I was shocked to discover that someone had used my toilet and it had not been flushed – a first for me at any hotel anywhere in the world at any cost. My next morning was further challenged by breathtakingly slow service for breakfast. I had to get up twice to ask for a waiter to take my order, and then to bring me a check. This was compounded by being charged $6.50 for a glass of ice with a small amount of diet coke, which upon a refill, was charged again – so $13 for less than a can of soda! There were a variety of other small challenges – reading lamp with its light burned out, clock in the fitness center that was wrong – not major in themselves, but added to the other issues, compounding into an impression of a hotel billed as luxury, but simply missing the mark time and time again. On the bright side, the rooms are well designed – essentially one-bedroom suites with the living room with a working desk separated by the bathroom from the bedroom. Intervening sliding doors enable one person to sleep quietly while the other can be working or watching television. The fitness center is sufficient, except for the pesky clock.

Room Tip: Rooms on one side of the hotel look directly into the offices of Goldman Sachs. I opened the drapes...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank geonat1
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Second stay at the Conrad. Business appeal means great rates for vacationers on weekends and holidays. Location is good if you are willing to use the subway system. Five easy and safe blocks from the nearest stop. Can also walk to the World Trade Center, Chinatown, Wall Street, and the Pier w the sailing ships. Spacious modern two room suite with comfortable modern furnishings. We did not believe the breakfast package is worth the extra cost and did not get it this trip. Good cafes and a not to miss Shake Shack are in the rear of the Hotel building. You will find that the room will be one of the memorable things of your trip.

Room Tip: Seems to have very good insulating factors. I would not be as concerned about location as I would b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I loved the hotel and all it's modern decor. The staff very accomodating but I reserved a superior room which was pricier and to be higher with a river view, we topped out on the 4th floor. High? NO$$

Room Tip: If you pay for a high level room, be prepared to be on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marcia m
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is one of the best kept secrets of the city. Quite at night, easy access to the walking/biking trails, and near fantastic restaurant in Tribeca, SoHo, and the Village. Upon checking into the hotel, I was able to go to the movies, grab a drink (with a view of the Statue of Liberty), and have dinner without leaving the property. Few hotel in the City provide visitors with close access to so many services.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Shervin,

We are thrilled to hear you had a fantastic stay with us at the Conrad New York and found our hotel to have everything you needed for an enjoyable stay in NYC! I am glad you had the chance to experience our rooftop bar, restaurant and movie theater during your visit and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

Robert

Robert Rechtermann
Conrad New York
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: Robert.Rechtermann@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a girls weekend and we truly loved our stay here. We were greeted by Danny, I believe he has worked there for about 15+ years, and he was such a delight. He made us feel very welcomed! Even when we were checking in and checking out the service was awesome everyone was very accommodating. We also met Jerome and he told us the good spots to go in order to see the fireworks and he told us a little bit about the area that we were in. The rooms are incredible and nice and spacious for New York. When we got to the room my name was on the television screen. The room is very modern and the showers are to die for. Each one of us took 30min showers because you didn't want to get out. As far as the location is concerned, you will be a far distance from a subway which I didn't care for too much. But if you want to be in the city without the hassle then the location is perfect. Everyone here really took care of us! I have already been telling people about the Conrad and telling them they have to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends