“Great Stay, Great Service.”
Review of Conrad New York

Conrad New York
Ranked #30 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Great Stay, Great Service.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stay at this hotel In March. Rooms are absolutely lovely, modern, bright, and well laid out. Had a superior room, and was upgraded as a gold from a deluxe room. breakfast was good, and something for everyone off the HHonours menu. Staff at all time were pleasant, and if their was anything they could do for me they were at my service to get it done. Had a great few days here, and look forward to returning soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2014

For a family vacation, location was a little different in Battery City Park. However, it couldn't have worked out better. Citi-Bike station was right next door. Ess-A-Bagel, Harry's Italian, and ShakeShack were also very close.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Princeton, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Don't worry if your plans change at the last minute. We made arrangements for 3 but had to change to a room for 2 as we were driving to the hotel. The reservationist made the changes with a "smile" in her voice. The room was great and the staff, well, we wanted to take them home with us.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Martin S
Tustin, California
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband, 11 year-old son and I stayed here for 3 nights after staying in Queens for a wedding. I didn't have any knowledge about the hotel, since my husband booked it. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the 5th floor towards the back of the hotel with no view but of another building and no sight of the sky. I felt like I was in a jail cell. I might have been tired but I made my family march back down to the lobby to try to get one with a view. We chose one on the 14th (there are only 15 floors) since it was the only one available with a pull-out couch (The pull-out couch had a thin mattress and you can feel the metal rods underneath. My son wanted to sleep with us. Oh hell no. I made him suffer. Bless his heart.) We had a peek-a-bo view of the water and a little bit of the sky and the sun hits the building so its not so claustrophobic. So, make sure you get a view if you are like me. Reserve that because there are only a few.
As many have mentioned, the lobby is very modern with wires holding up different sculptural shapes of various sizes. It's quite a sight at night because the lobby is lit up with blue light. They had spring branches with flowers and they were beautiful.
The room is very modern with the bathroom in the middle dividing the king size bed from the living area. The room is technology ready with all the hook-ups you may need. Unfortunately, the Wifi sucked. My husband was watching a movie on YouTube and the connection kept on cutting off. Luckily, they credited us at the front desk.
We needed the concierge's help to get tickets to the Empire State building. We chose to buy the EXPRESS pass to save time because the lines there are ridiculous. We got to the ES building and we found out the concierge did not give us our Express pass. We returned back to the hotel to fix the problem. Luckily they okay'd the change. Hopefully, AMEX will reflect that. By the way, Express pass is the way to go if you choose to go to the Empire State Building.
We chose to have the Breakfast Vouchers so it would be easy to get some breakfast. Our first and only time in their dining room (at the lobby level) was disappointing. The waiter didn't seem to enjoy his job or didn't know how to fake it or just wasn't trained well. He didn't want to talk. I didn't know if there was a language barrier. He didn't fill the water glasses and I had to get up and look for him. The food choices were limited. We chose to eat at the bagel store the next two days outside the hotel downstairs in the same building. Cheaper and less hassle with apathetic staff. I just gave the vouchers away to people in the lobby.
I like the location. It is quiet here, especially when all the 9 to 5ers leave the area. There are restaurants downstairs--Asian, Italian and a burger place. There is a small market downstairs, a wine store, a dessert place. There's a Whole Foods and another called Amish Market a couple of blocks nearby.
It's a nice hotel and if my husband makes me stay here again, I won't whine. We did get a good price for the place. It's just a bummer when we get a few little glitches in our stay. Obviously, not all the staff are apathetic and I do hope you too will have a wonderful stay. Happy travels.

Room Tip: Get a room with a water view facing New Jersey.
1 Thank shyintustin
Asia, Peru
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed here on the way back home, and we were so impressed with the hotel room. It is one of the most beautiful hotel rooms we have seen, and definitely one of our favourites. We got a king standard room, and loved the cosy living area with separate tv, the bathroom/shower area and what a comfortable bed...it was divine!

We also loved the huge flat screen tv in the room, with plenty of channels, including live coverage of our favourite English Premier League matches. We ordered room service one evening when we were too tired to go out and the food is top quality and super tasty - we had the New York strip steak, chicken noodle soup (amazing!), pepperoni pizza and sauteed kale...everything was so tasty, comforting and so very satisfying. Didn't see why we had to leave the hotel for food!

Another great tip is that Shake Shack (if you havent been, this is a MUST try), Chipotle, Le Pain Quotidien and Whole Foods are within walking distance from the hotel, and Battery Park is of course so pleasant to walk around in the mornings. We also walked up to Broadway from the hotel for some shopping, and we loved staying here while in NYC. Comfortable, pleasant and what an awesome room to boot! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing the Conrad New York during your recent visit to New York City. We are thrilled that you had such a memorable stay with us and are honored to hear it was one of the most beautiful hotels you have stayed in. I am also glad you appreciated our guest suite amenities as well as the In-Room Dining. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Robert

Robert Rechtermann
Conrad New York
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: Robert.Rechtermann@conradhotels.com
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was staying for a few extra days in New York after a business trip and got an excellent weekend deal at the hotel so the first thing I would say is that I got exceptional value for money.

Upon arrival the door-men were eager and attentive, my luggage was taken from me to enable me to get upstairs to check-in and then caught up with me only minutes after I arrived in my room.

I found some of the check-in staff less than helpful - I initially lined up to check in but was dismissed by one check-in agent when he saw that I had a luggage ticket and assumed I wanted my luggage (the ticket had just been given to me when I walked in to the hotel) which confused me and led to me having to line up all over again!

That said, my experience beyond this was very good. My room was spacious, comfortable and exceeded my expectations. Everything was easy to operate - lighting, TV, etc and the bed was very comfortable.

I ordered room service and was very impressed by the speed of service and the quality of the food - in fact, I had a dessert which I have to admit was one of the best desserts I have ever tasted!

I met a friend to watch a movie on my second night and was delighted to find that I could access the Regal Cinema from the lobby of the hotel - another bonus!

A little underwhelmed by the gym facilities but that is par for the course in most hotels in Downtown Manhattan and it certainly wouldn't be something I would score it down on.

The scale of the lobby is impressive but was more like Heathrow Terminal 5 check-in than a hotel lobby. This meant it was a little clinical and anonymous.

This was my first stay at a Conrad hotel and I will certainly be returning to others in the future if this experience was anything to go by!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor facing out on to North End Avenue and it was quiet and light. I even...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
West River, MD
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

First rate hotel. Great location, great staff. Couldn't ask for anything better. High tech junkies will love the rooms. Easy to go anywhere in the city. View of the river. Next to the 9/11 memorial. The staff could not have been nicer. Easy walking to anything downtown.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple