Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Smyth Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Frederick Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
New York Marriott Downtown(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
World Center Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
W New York - Downtown(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Greenwich Hotel(New York City)
3,586 results
All reviewsbattery parkhudson riverbrookfield placeshake shackrooftop barblue smokelower manhattanstatue of libertythe financial districtgoldman sachsnew yorknespresso machinechambers streetworld trade centerfreedom towerbagel shopwet bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just had a lovely two night stay at this gem of a hotel. Beautiful location, beautiful views and beautiful suite we were given with a heavily comfortable bed. Everyone working here was pleasant and helpful and made our stay wonderful. The rooms are clean and nicely laid out, with modern lighting that is easy to program. Wonderful showers that are enclosed and standing and roomy with rain shower. Nice evening turndown service (which is getting far too rare at many hotels!). The nicest part is we were celebrating our anniversary of getting engaged in NYC and the hotel sent us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon our arrival to our room with a sweet note. I could go on and on about this hotel. I love the lobby and art and the stairs….but now I am just boring you. This will be the only hotel I ever want to stay in now in NYC! What a treat!

Room Tip: Ask to face the water if possible
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Martha,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review via TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear you had an exceptional stay with us at the Conrad New York and enjoyed all aspects of the hotel including our location, service and amenities. I am also very pleased to hear we were able to make your anniversary a memorable one and we look forward to welcoming you both back the next time you are in NYC!

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
Resident Manager
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@conradhotels.com

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Check in to the hotel was fast and efficient . The room had great views overlooking the Hudson River to New Jersey . The hotel has some interesting art in it but is a typically large business hotel with very little personal touch to your stay . There are numerous restaurants in the area and it's great walking along the river front in the morning . The hotel is a easy walk to the Metro and the world trade centre memorial and shops like century 21 .

The downside was the poor housekeeping that led to half empty bottles of water being put in our room , not sure who drank half the water . Amenities where not replaced until we asked and coffee was replaced but the milk was forgotten . The handle on the door of room 1424 was also loose and was never repaired . Having stayed at other Conrad properties this was not up to the usual high standards of Conrad hotels .

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnFinchPhotography
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I spent a lot of time researching NYC hotels and kept going back and forth between the Trump and Four Seasons near Central Park and the Conrad and Ritz in the Battery Park area. I went with the Conrad because the rooms were modern, large, and the hotel itself was away from the bustle of Midtown. Leaving the chaos that is Midtown and entering the Conrad released so much stress every night - best choice I made.

That being said, it was freezing when I arrived and there was no one to help with my bags or hold the door for me. I decided that maybe they were busy helping other visitors. When I walked into the hotel, the greeting desk at the bottom of the escalator was also empty. Again I decided that maybe they were very busy.

Check in was easy and the front desk agent was very nice. Got into my room very early (used the Conrad app before my visit to inform the hotel I was arriving on a morning flight). The room itself was fabulous: 700+ sq. feet, completely modern, great bathroom/closets etc. Loved it.

After settling into my room, I went outside to catch a cab to Midtown. Again, there was no one available to assist me in hailing a cab. When I arrived back at the hotel that night, there was still no one outside of the hotel. I visited Atrio and waited 8 minutes for someone to acknowledge that I was waiting to be seated, only to be told that the restaurant was at capacity. I totally understood and ordered room service.

The next day I went back to Atrio and was seated after about 5 minutes by the bartender who noticed I had been standing at the entrance. When I was finally seated, there were only 3 tables with patrons that I could see. I noticed 2 members of staff by the kitchen area talking to each other which means they had nothing to do and could have seated me earlier.

When I was in the city, I noticed many lower end hotels had ample doormen and were even hailing cabs for people who didn't stay at their hotel. All in all, the Conrad has the potential to be a luxurious hotel if it invested more time in its staff and customer service. I'm not the overly spoiled uptight traveler, however I expect a certain level of service if a property is advertised as 5 star. If you're thinking about staying here, the rooms are amazing, the location is quiet and really beautiful, and there are some nice little restaurants nearby to give you a taste of NY without the chaos of Central Park. However, be mindful of the issues with customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shanti G

Shanti,

Thank you for sharing this review of the Conrad New York Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed the guest suite accommodations and location of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any dissatisfaction in the level of customer service you received during your stay with us.. Your comments have been communicated with the appropriate departments to ensure they are addressed and not repeated in the future. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are NYC and we can provide you with the type of flawless service typically associated with the Conrad name.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
Resident Manager
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@conradhotels.com

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Being an airline pilot for a major European flag carrier, I stay in a lot of different hotels, all ranging in the 3 to 5 star class. Without a doubt, the Conrad ranks among the top hotels I have stayed in such as the JW Marriott in Bucharest, the Radisson Blu in Hamburg and the Tiara Parque Atlantique in Lisbon. It is an all suite hotel which means that every suite has a separate bedroom and living room, with the bathroom in between. Both rooms can be closed at the bathroom side by means of sliding doors. We stayed with 3 adult people and used the sofa bed in the living room which is of more than adequate quality. The bed in the bedroom is fantastic, as are all other facilities. The hotel has been completely renovated approximately a year ago for the duration of one-and-a-half years and it shows! The bathroom is excellent as well, with a spacey rainshower. And, as I am 6ft 4in tall, it is great to be able to lie full length in a bed without your feet sticking out and to be able to stand upright under the shower ... Apart from all the luxury and comfort in the room, it is also very quiet. But maybe the fact that we stayed at one of the top levels with Hudson river view is a factor in making it a quiet room. Last, but certainly not least, some remarks regarding the staff. They are extremely nice and polite and truely do their best to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. Un-NewYork style, I would say. The lady at checkin took all the time needed to provide information about transportation and restaurants in and close by the hotel. We also could choose between different complimentary newspapers to be delivered every morning. When the in-room safe proved to be defective this was fixed by replacing it within 15 minutes. Turndown service includes a free bottle of mineral water per person. Great! We had dinner in the hotel restaurant the 25th of December and the food quality was excellent again. In summary: we are extremely pleased to stay here and will definitely return here if we will be travelling to New York again. Last remark: walking distance to the nearest subway station (Chandler) is approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed at the Conrad for 3 nights. The rooms are suites (not very large but of reasonable size) designed in a very modern style. While I like modern rooms, I think the rooms very a little lacking in character and were not as welcoming as some other Conrad properties I have stayed at. Service was also quite average as there were a number of occasions where it was difficult to reach the concierge on the phone.

The positives other than the size of the room, for me was the location for business as it provided easy access to downtown NY as well as Jersey City (the pier/ Path is nearby). There are also good food options with Shake Shack, Bluesmoke and few other eateries in the same complex. There is also a movie hall in case you feel like catching a movie.

Overall, would recommend the hotel for people travelling on business who want access to both sides of the river and decent food options without having to go around after work. While travelling with family or for leisure the location is not ideal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business