“Great Hotel - Quiet Area...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad New York

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #30 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Scottsdale
“Great Hotel - Quiet Area...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I looked for a hotel in Manhattan for quite awhile. My decision came down to a hotel that had larger suite type room that were outside of the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. The Conrad did not disappoint. Our visit was over the July 4th holiday weekend - 4 night stay. Upon arrival, the bellhops were very friendly upon our arrival via private limo. Check-in was quick and painless. The front desk answered our questions and sent us to the concierge for our entertainment needs. The concierge was extremely helpful in identifying wants and needs during our stay. After that my wife and I headed to the lobby Loppy Doopy bar for a drink. Not cheap, but what should I expect - its NYC. The atmosphere within the lobby is very relaxing and quiet within the giant atrium. After drinks, we headed up to our room. I am a Hilton Honors member and I was given a suite upgrade at a very nominal cost. The suites here are huge, over 700/ft. The rooms are very modern with tasteful decor. There is a living room with a sectional, desk area, bar area, and chair alcove. The bath has only a single vanity, a deep soaking tub - wife loved it, large rain shower. The commode had it own room which is great when we had friend in our room. The bedroom had an enormous closet and good sized bed area with a great bed. The coffee maker was the new single cup machine which was great for me and my wife. The is a rooftop bar which overlooks the Hudson which was great. With a cool breeze and a drink, this is where you go to relax with friends. We also enjoyed a lunch at Atrio - the wine bar/restaurant. Very tasty lunch at a reasonable price.

Negatives for me, none really. All staff I dealt with was extremely helpful and very attentive to my needs. From the bellman, front desk, concierge, bar, management, housekeeping, etc. I had interactions with all of them, my concerns were immediately addressed and resolved with a smile. Some may consider this a negative, but it is what sold me on The Conrad - it's LOCATION! It is just across from a park and the Hudson River is within 200ft. The Freedom Tower and 911 Memorial are just around the corner. There are places to eat and entertainment right here. There is a ferry just across the street on the river. The main subway coming in JFK is right around the corner - within 1/2mi. Wall Street is 1/2mi away. Chinatown is a 1mi away. 30 Rockefeller or Times Sq is a 20min subway ride. Basically everything is easily accessed from a walk, subway, or cab ride. I will stay here again and have no desire to stay at any other hotel in NYC. Other areas may have the NYC VIBE - it's more like a neighborhood feel. The Conrad is a tranquil place amongst the jungle of Manhattan.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AzCarrera
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We would like to sincerely thank you for sharing this thorough review with the rest of the TripAdvisor community! It really is a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Conrad New York along with your wife, appreciated the friendly and attentive service of our staff and found the guest suites to be spacious and comfortable. We are also very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our Lower Manhattan location. We agree that this area is a perfect choice for couples and families alike to explore NYC. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to New York.

Email: jimmy.sarfraz@conradhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

As a regular visitor to NYC I stayed in this Conrad for the first time. The atrium lobby, which includes very substantial pieces of modern art is really amazing. The rooms are big and nicely decorated - which is rather rare in NYC. However, the location is rather remote, unless your doing business in one of the other buildings of Battery Park City. The Financial District is a a 10-15 mins walk and so is the next subway station (Chambers St). Descriptions that you can reach the station in 5 mins are rather unrealistic, unless you're running and have a police escort across West Street ... Also I was missing an Executive Lounge. The breakfast offered instead for HH status was nice, though you had to select between items you'd rather combine.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a first class brand new hotel. My guesstimate is that it cost $200 million to build with no expense spared. High quality, high spec, pretty high prices but that's New York these days. Quiet rooms, well designed, good solid materials.

But they call these suites? We have booked a suite with two double beds for 4 of us and it just doesn't sleep 4. My adult daughter, my 9 year old plus me and my wife could simply not fit these 'double beds'.

No question the beds are comfortable but they are just too small for 2 people. I have ended up sleeping on the couch in the small separate lounge area. It's not that uncomfortable but it's not a bed.

These rooms should not be allowed to have more than three people and they are probably best for just two.

Having said all of that, the hotel's 463 rooms are all full. So it's coining $250,000 to $300,000 a day. Not bad.

The gym is excellent so give that a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Hudson River
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen W
Boca Raton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my first stay at a Conrad. So pleasantly surprised and impressed. The hotel is beautiful, from the lobby to the innovative room layout. The staff was friendly and helpful to a tee. The bartenders one of whom is Julia from Frankfurt were so nice, accommodating and hard working. We enjoyed the ambiance of the bar and the food selections. I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing this review via TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the friendly service, hotel ambiance and design, layout of your room and had an overall wonderful stay with us. I will be sure to let Julia know how much you appreciated her hospitality as well. We hope to welcome you back to the Conrad New York soon!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent hotel, very good location close to public transportation and very easy to move around. The staff was great and had very good attention to detail. The rooms were very clean and modern with great views. We were impressed by the hotel architecture, it was very modern and beutiful.

Gulfport MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was a really nice suite. The bed is really low to the ground so if you have that problem going down and getting up, go elsewhere. I really liked the double sliding doors. The quiet location really was a very pleasant surprise. After going uptown for the theaters and seeing and hearing all the throngs of people and the really horribly gaudy bigger than ever advertisements, it was nice to get back to just street lights, peace and quiet. The flat screen TV's were nice. I don't really know how not having at least one DVD player is a plus. I know and agree with everyone (got that management-everyone) I spoke with that the "only" way to get ice by calling room service was not necessary nor an amenity that we want. Your staff could always get ice for those who can't or don't want to get it themselves but for the rest of us, please put a machine here and there. The rooftop bar definitely deserves one very pricey drink and a photo. I recommend the hotel trim the hedge down on the bar's edge where you would be able to see the Statue of Liberty better. The concierges responses to questions were at best minimal and worth the same. The sandwich shop on the corner is a great place to get something good, quick and inexpensive. One sandwich is enough for two. The salad bar is also super and the soup tasty. The Blue Smoke restaurant also right around the corner is great and again the portions are big. One sampler is enough for two and the sides big enough to share also.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this review with the TripAdvisor community. We are so happy to hear you had a memorable stay with us at the Conrad New York and truly enjoyed the tranquility of our Lower Manhattan location. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement as well, and will be sure to review this with the rest of our management staff for consideration. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Booked the Conrad in June because of their free parking rate and great reviews.
The hotel is nice, very large and has a chain feel to it.
I felt at check in there was a lack of TLC or appreciation along with any sort of orientation just checks in and here is your key.
The rooms are sterile and cold but very spacious. Probably the largest hotel room I have ever stayed in in Manhattan. If you want to walk or run the battery great location. If you are a subway person, not a good location. Unfortunately for me who usually walks everywhere it poured this weekend. The Conrad is far from any subway line so I was held hostage to taxis. If it had been a nicer weekend I probably wouldn’t have minded the location.
Unfortunately for my NYC needs I will probably not stay there again. It is a nice spacious hotel but out of the way even as far as downtown is concerned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple