“Sleek; Nice Hotel-Nice Price”
Review of Conrad New York

Ranked #32 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been to New York City many times and I've stayed in this hotel many times. Every time I've been pleased. Although most people think staying in Battery Park is not very desirable, I've stayed in many areas in New York City such as SoHo, Midtown, Times Square, and Midtown, but Battery Park has a nice a very nice park along the river, which has restaurants on it. The area is a short drive from the shopping areas in New York City so overall I feel that it was nice to stay in a more relaxed area of the city while being able to go to the other areas easily. The hotel has a very nice lobby with a 14 story atrium. The rooms are very modern and have nice finishes but are a little small. I would recommend this hotel because of its great value and modern design.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms have a stronger shower, but higher floor rooms have a better view of the river.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for recommending the Conrad New York to the TripAdvisor Community! We are thrilled to hear as a repeat guest, you have had nothing but positive experiences staying with us at the Conrad. I am happy you find our location to be so inviting and relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next visit.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was a bit wary prior to my stay, mostly because of the negative reviews I read here. However, now that I've actually stayed here, I can say I had nothing near the experiences they had.

Pros
- The design throughout the lobby is thorough modern -- from the atrium lobby to the business center to the furniture in the rooms.
- The service is very good. While the doorman doesn't open the door for you, once you're inside, everyone on the staff is friendly and helpful.
- We were lucky to be upgraded to a riverview suite -- our room was (is) 1125, and it's got a great view of the river and the Jersey City skyline.
- Location is great. Literally steps from the park (in my opinion, the best park in the city outside of Central Park, but that's not a real/fair comparison anyhow). Not too far of a walk to the PATH, and just a bit more of a walk to the subways. Shake Shack is down the block, so that's convenient too.

Cons
- A past reviewer is right -- the ice room is very hard to find, as it's behind an unmarked door. The trick is to listen for the hum of the ice machine. Once you hear that, you know you've found it.
- The fridge has absolutely no room for your own things and moving stuff will result in a $25 restocking fee. That's definitely not convenient for parents who need a bit of fridge space for baby food.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. It reminded us of the Andaz brand from Hyatt. The lobby is really spectacular. I'd love to have an opportunity to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dagongster

Thank you for sharing this review about your recent stay at the Conrad New York! We are delighted to know you had an exceptional stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for all the positive feedback - We are so glad you enjoyed the service and location of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback regarding the mini bar and ice machine. Currently, we do not have a fridge for storage standard in the guestrooms but they are available to rent for $25. There is an Ice Machine on every floor, however room service should be called whenever you need ice and they will be able to bring it right to your door for you so you don't have to do it yourself! We will be sure to take your comments into consideration so we can continue to improve for our guests. We are happy you had an overall memorable stay with us and look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We actually live very close by but needed to be out of the apartment for just one night. Our experience at the Conrad was great. Rooms were very spacious, especially for New York standards. Designs were modern and pleasant. Amenities were top notch. Service was good. It's also in a great neighborhood, close to Wall St, 9/11 site, Statue of Liberty ferry....etc. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed a one-night "stay-cation" with us at the Conrad New York. Thank you for sharing this review and recommending our hotel. I am happy you appreciated the level of service and top notch amenities that we offer. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon... perhaps at the Rooftop Bar or restaurant if not for an another overnight stay!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great Location, alot of restaurants attached to the hotel including shake shack.
The hotel wine&dine restaurant also has great atmosphere/food and drinks for breakfast as well as late night dinner. This hotel is very artistic and at the same time sophisticated. The service is incredible, they let me check in early as well as a late check out, all the staff is very friendly. I prefer this location to anywhere near times square, it's located right in financial district. There's a movie theater attached to the hotel.
The rooms are incredible and most of them are all suites, comfy beds and 5 star waterfall showers. For the price compared to other 5 star hotels in new york, it's a no brainer. I wish they offered free complimentary wi-fi or allow you to use multiple devices with the same payment.
This place is a must stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your review via TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and are so pleased to hear your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I am happy you found the staff to be both accommodating and friendly, and preferred our Lower Manhattan location over midtown. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have just returned from a fabulous stay from 14-17th March, my husband, step daughter and I loved this hotel,comfiest beds ever,very spacious,2 double beds and a separate living area with lots of room,2 smart televisions and a docking station for ipad/phone,mini bar,and lovely fluffy towels and toiletries,most of the time we spent shopping and eating out so we cant comment on the hotel food, I have allergies and they made sure our room was free from duck feathers,the hotel was very convenient for us as it was easy to walk around the area,taking a cab was easy if you needed to go further,we took the free ferry to staten island for the day and it was a great experience,having been to new york a few times before we have stayed in the times square area but down in the battery park area its a lot quieter and suited us very well,really dont know how anyone would be able to fault this hotel as it was one of the best we have ever had the pleasure to stay in,from checking in to the time we left it was a truly great experience for us and will certainly return again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I planned to visit New York to hear Placido Domingo sing at the Metropolitan Opera. I started the search for a perfect place to stay. I spent hours looking at hotel reviews, where they were located, how old they were etc and made a reservation at a place. Further searches revealed that they were undergoing renovations and I decided that was not for us. Then, I got an email for a good deal with the Conrad, and since I had spent hours looking for a place and I knew how much hotels were charging in NY, I knew it was a good deal. I took the offer and made reservations for our stay. I could not be happier.

First of all, you walk in and see this open space as you enter. The check in is on the 2nd floor and you walk up these marvelous granite steps. There are sculptures hanging from the ceiling all over the lobby. The furniture is minimal, very modern, and appealing. The color scheme is very soothing, and it is peaceful. I was awestruck right away. If you like the old style with lots of gilded mirrors and furniture, and floral fabric you won't like this. I like it times, but not for this trip.

The room should appeal to anyone who is a techie. You can control everything in the room from one keyboard, the TV screens displays your name the whole time. You can state you want privacy by lighting a small button outside the door from the panel. It is red for privacy and green if you want cleaning. No light also means they can come and clean the room. The bathrooms are fabulous and they have these plush bathrobes that we loved. The shower is in a separate area from the sink and the toilet, and it is a rain shower head from the ceiling. There is also a handheld shower head. The toiletries are very nice and there are plenty of towels. The one thing you won't like if you are a techie is that they charge for internet access, $14.95 a day.

I had a little issue with the reservations but they were very graceful in dealing with it and actually ended up giving me a better deal than what my reservations were. You need to be aware that there are four different types of tax added to the room so it ends up being quite a bit more than you think it you just calculate based on the room rate.

There is Steak Shack around the corner, Whole Foods is a block away, and an Amish Market is up a couple of blocks. We actually ate breakfast there at least twice and picked up snacks, fruit and drinks on the way back at the end of the day. The 9-11 Memorial is very close. You can walk there and you can walk to Battery Park and see Lady Liberty from the distance. We walked over to cross the Brooklyn Bridge one day. To get further away you can use the metro. We ended up using the Chambers street metro more than any other stop because it was the easiest to get to from the hotel.

No matter where you go, there are plenty of places to go and eat and drink. We always found a very nice place for lunch and dinner and were very satisfied with the meals. I was amazed that they did not cost more than I had paid elsewhere in the country. That was one mistaken idea that I had, that food in NY would be much more expensive. Come to find out, it was not.

We did see Placido Domingo, a highlight of the trip for me, and pretty much did everything on our wish list. I got a complete different picture of the people in NY during this trip and NY in general. People were very nice and friendly everywhere, even on the metro. We had some very nice people helping us figure where we were and where we needed to go.That was the second mistaken idea that I had had that was proven wrong. People were very nice and helpful in NY. The subway system is much larger than the BART or the T and I felt I had mastered a big issue by being able to navigate the metro by the second day.

The city is very clean, except when you get to the other boroughs. I was so disappointed to see the trash everywhere during the trip from the airport to the hotel. It looked no better than what we had seen in the developing countries with trash, plastic, and food wrappings everywhere and plenty of larger items too.

If you want a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of Broadway, I really recommend the Conrad for your stay. They are also part of the Hilton hotel chain so you can get Hilton credits when staying there.

Hope you have as great of a time in NY as we did.

Room Tip: Any room is great in this hotel
3  Thank Helix1661

“Amazing”
This was our experience with the Conrad Hilton downtown New York. After careful planning months in advance this special trip to New York, I decided on the Conrad Hilton. I proceeded to make initial contact with Mr. Jimmy Sarfraz, (Resident Manager), and I introduced myself and to let him know of my upcoming trip to New York and his hotel. This is the most hands on and customer oriented hotel manager I have ever seen throughout my extensive travels. He made sure everything was in place and set for our arrival. Upon stepping in to an expansive lobby and being greeted by friendly and polite desk clerks, I knew this was going to be a great weekend. They made sure everything was in place and very speedy check in and to our room. Room 1023 was spectacular. Immediately walking in the living room, everything was clean, smelled great, beautiful light and just made you feel at home. The rooms are all suites and very large and roomy. The bedroom was superb and comfortable and separated from the living room by an all marble bathroom with in the ceiling shower head, not at all like the other hotel rooms in New York. This was truly a five star hotel room and the service we had was second to none. Since the first day it was raining we ventured inside the hotel and found out that there was an 11 screen Regal movie theater actually inside the hotel itself and the Blue Smoke restaurant. This hotel surpassed everything we could have wanted and more. The second day was nice and airy so we ventured out and found out that the Subway was only a five minute walk from the hotel. There is actually a walk path and bridge over the major highway so we never had to come in contact with any vehicles on the highway and we had the opportunity to walk exactly beside the World Trade Centers, new tower, every time we took the subway. Once in the subway, we took the E Train and in less than 15 minutes we were in time square. Since the hotel is located in Battery Park area it is located on a street that dead ends into a closed off type of section which makes it amazing for no traffic and no congestion of people at all. This made it a great experience to be able to walk out of the hotel and to the subway and not have to fight traffic and people to get there. We arrived on Friday and checked out on Monday and from start to finish there was not one problem we had with the Conrad New York. This is truly now the only hotel we will ever stay at in New York on business or on pleasure. The entire staff goes over and beyond to make you feel great and attend to all of your needs and wants. I met Mr. Sarfraz before I left to personally thank him and let him know just what a truly great hotel he has and what a wonderful manager I thought he was. He is Conrad! In Conclusion, to my partner and I, there is no other hotel, from now on, in New York but the Conrad. “Amazing”.

Room Tip: Room 1023 , quiet and great views.

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to be able to meet you in person while you were here, and I am happy we were able to provide you with a truly memorable stay from start to finish. I am glad you appreciated the level of service you received and enjoyed all of our hotel's amenities as well as our location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad soon.