“Dreaming of the Conrad...”
Review of Conrad New York

Conrad New York
Ranked #31 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Thanks to the misfortune of Hurricane Sandy, I had the fortune of staying at the Conrad last week..though only for a night,. The hotel is brand new and the suites are huge..by far the largest I have ever seen in NYC, (or most cities for that matter)... Everything is super modern, the hotel has a fantastic restaurant downstairs..about the only thing I can complain about is the brand new scent/perfume scent in the room being overwhelming... Absolutely loved the Conrad...Did I mention the Nespresso machine with complimentary coffee in the room! Would go back in a heart beat..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LadyLux123
Write a ReviewReviews (3,496)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend and the hotel was very nice. The room was excellent with the intergrated heating system, and the two flat screen tv's. And then the rainfall shower, that was the best part of the trip! At the restaurant Atrio the food was very overpriced, but expected, and we had to change rooms three times to get that rainfall shower. Although, the Asian concierge man was very kind and helpful. All in All the stay was great I would recommended it, if work and playing in the finicial district.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot and this hotel was amazing! I attended for a week long event. The food was wonderful. Best hotel food ever!!! Staff goes above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Hotel is located in Battery Park. Great views! Great place!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in, possibly better than the Double Tree Hilton in Dubai.
Situated in lower Manhattan less than 2 minutes from Ground Zero and with the Irish Hunger Memorial (less depressing than it sounds) just outside the front doors, and Battery park easily accesible. There is plenty to see and do.
The room I had was spacious with a lounge, toilet and sink, separate large shower and a main bedroom. The bedroom and lounge both had large flat screen TVs. Wi Fi was available at $14.95 for 24 hours and was a good strong connection, though you could only have one device connected at a time. No good if you have a family staying.
I didn't use the onsite bar, restaurant or gym. Deciding to eat out during my stay, and far too lazy to hit the gym. Also in the interest of fairness, I didn't have to pay for my room either, so price wise it is whether or not its in your budget. (I have omitted these sections from my rating)
The staff were all polite and exceptionally helpful, not something you always experience at the higher end of the market.
For me it was the perfect starting point to explore lower Manhattan on foot and make my way up through the city, then crash out once my street weary legs shuffled me back.
Superb hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1222, so was easily accesible from the lift but view from the window was of another...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Alistair M
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Alistair M,

Thank you for sharing this review regarding your recent stay at the Conrad New York. We are so pleased to hear you had a memorable visit with us, and truly enjoyed the Lower Manhattan location and close proximity to many iconic attractions and historical sites. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Best Regards,
Alex Joset
Marketing Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We recently stayed one night at the Conrad in NYC. We were originally planning to spend 3 nights while celebrating our wedding anniversary, but Hurricane Sandy caused us to cut our trip short. We had previously stayed at this property when it was an Embassy Suites, and were pleasantly surprised at the renovations. Although the room we were in was smaller than expected, it was well appointed and still larger than most NYC hotel rooms. The bed was very comfortable and the walk-in shower was fabulous. We had a great view of the Hudson river from the 4th floor. We will definitely stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Since the renovation of the hotel, I am very impressed with the level of service from the staff. The front desk was very helpful during check in. The rooms are very spacious and loved the Nespresso coffee machines and the huge shower. I used the gym and it has very new equipment.

The only issue is that I was charged for I Internet access and usually Hilton gold members get this free, perhaps it does not apply for Conrad properties.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Danny R
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had a great weekend after a week of hard work....everything in this hotel is great, I had a wondeful dinner at the restaurant in the lobby (Atrium), a wonderful breakfast in my room, there are also many nice restaurants around. Eventhough the hotel is located at the south it is very easy to jump in to the subway station which is really close (I used chambers station), the view from my room was great, oceanview at one side and the new WTC on the other side.

The room is amazing, large and nice, two full HD displays (one in the bedroom and the other one in the living room), and great ammenities, I simply loved the idea to have my own nespresso machine in my room. Finally, the personnel are great!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo