“Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Location, Great Value!”
Review of Conrad New York

Conrad New York
Ranked #31 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We staid at the Conrad Hotel in NYC this weekend (OCt. 19-21) and it was truly a great experience. The rooms are 5 Star -almost 450 square feet of modern sleek luxury. Our room had a great view of the East River and even a side view of the Statue of Liberty. We usually stay in mid-town when we come to Manhattan for a weekend get-away but this time we chose The Conrad in Battery Park City because we wanted 5 Star accomodations but were unwilling to pay the enormous prices in mid-town at this time of the year.
You will not be disappointed by the quality service that The Conrad has to offer. Battery Park City is quiet and you can walk along the east river promenades looking out at the Statue of Liberty and New Jersey. Also, the #1 train is a short walk away on Chambers Street and you can be in mid-town in less then 30 minutes. The staff at the hotel could not have been nicer. We were first greeted by Morris the doorman who took our bags and instructed us to park our car directly across the street from the hotel in a parking garage. Two days of free secure parking was included in our weekend package rate and it was amazingly convenient! We were in NYC in August and stayed at the Plaza Hotel on Central Park West and although it was an elegant hotel, our room at The Conrad was a lot larger and a lot more luxurious. Don't be intimadated by The Conrad's downtown location - give it a try - you certainly will not be disappointed as this is a fantastic NYC hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lawrence R
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Lawrence R,

Thank you for sharing this feedback about your stay at the Conrad New York this past weekend. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the hotel's downtown locations as well as the spacious size of the guestrooms. I am so happy you had the chance to book our "Park & Stay" package for your stay, inclusive of self-parking... It is a great special for those who wish to drive in and stay the weekend. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

First stay in June with my 87year old Mom. Accessible rooms, ironically , are the farthest away from
Reception. Okay with us, since I am okay with pushing Mom in her wheelchair. Someone with a walker might find this tiresome. Nice roll-in shower (but the shower-wand is heavy and better in form than function for anyone with mobility/coordination issues.). Accessible rooms overlook the Goldman-Saks building (at least on the lower floors). Accessible rooms super quiet on a summer weekend and Battery Park City has the advantge of being right on the Hudson . Great accessible walkway! My return visit in October found us dealing with some odd-early AM noise issue on a Saturday. I'm sure this was an abberation and Cody at the front-desk helped us resolve the issue to our satisfaction .

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a night with friends. Out of the way if you are sightseeing. Long cab rides. Room was not ready until 3 which was their policy. Wifi was 15 a day and though the room was nice - if I didn't have a voucher through British Airways paying only 250 - not worth the full price of 600.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TrevisoMA
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here for 8 nights accompanying my partner on business, for which it is a perfect hotel. The service is excellent (great concierge), the standard of the rooms are top notch, and the location in the financial district could not be better for his business trip.

The room is of a good size with separate parlour, bedroom, shower and bathroom, with all mod-cons and quality furniture. The interior decoration could be a little more interesting (but that's personal taste) but it is all perfect quality.

The rooftop bar (open only in summer months and/or good weather) is a great spot for an early evening drink and attracts fewer business guests than the lower bar/restaurant spaces in the atrium, which often have work functions from the neighbouring offices. Luckily the atrium is large enough to accommodate these without impacting normal guests.

The only minus I can give - from a personal point of view - is that when we requested a room facing the river rather than my partner's workplace, we were told that the hotel was full and could not move us. Hence, we have been stuck with a slightly dark room where we cannot open the blinds in the bedroom without looking directly onto the trading floor.

The best point, apart from the amazing service, must be the dressing gown! Nothing better than being able to wrap oneself in a white fluffy cloud of comfort after a hard days' work!

Room Tip: Ask for river facing, otherwise you will look onto office and trading floors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AmyBee320

Dear AmyBee320,

Thank you for sharing this review about the Conrad New York. I am so happy to hear you had an exceptional stay with us while accompanying your partner on a business trip. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and accommodations. I apologize we were not able to fulfill your request for a river view since we were at full occupancy during that time. Please be sure to book a "Superior Riverview Suite" category in advance for a guaranteed view of the river before your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anv. starting by visiting my old home town of New York. Usually we stay mid to upper Manhattan but stumbled upon the Conrad and, in future, will not stay anywhere else. Every room is a modern suite, very comfortable and the location and staff are amazing. We were granted early check-in after a red eye flight; upgraded to a room with water/park views and were delighted with a personal note from the Gen.Mgr. along with wine and choc's. It is so peaceful, quiet walking and/or eating along the waterfront with numerous restaurant choices and only a few minutes walk to the subway. It's very close to the 911 Memorial, Battery Park, the Staten Island ferry, etc. And their outdoor 16th floor bar was a wonderful surprise. Being from Vancouver, we felt we were at home away from home sans mountains.

Room Tip: Ensure you stay on the south side facing the water as the rooms are much brighter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank retiredandlovingit0
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am staying here on business and despite the very impressive architecture it's the running of the hotel that clearly needs some work.
As I just mentioned the architecture is very impressive, the lobby could well be a museum, it has a huge atrium that literally goes up 16 floors. The ambience is one of wealth and opulence and there is nothing understated about it. Not ostentatious, but confident, with the majority of the guests clearly working in the surrounding financial services industries. If I chose a hotel on its obvious aesthetics I'd say this is great, but there have been problems with the hotel that, for it's attempt at being a 5 start are extremely discouraging. Firstly on my first morning, I turned on the shower and no hot water!! I called the front desk and was told to turn the fawcet to its hottest setting. Duh......I'm not going to repeat what I said to the front desk. So 5 minutes later I called down down again and as told they'd send an engineer. I told them that I needed a new room and a shower not an engineer to tell me there's not hot water. So 5 more minutes passed and an engineer shows up who gets his buddies on the phone on different floors to tell me there's a problem with the line and it'll be fixed by the time I got back in the evening. So I'm anxiously awaiting a nice warm shower when I get back only to discover a nice cold shower. So I call the front desk, demand to be moved and was told that they'd have to see what they can do. At this point I demanded to speak to the manager who does actually find me a new room with a working shower. What makes me mad is this: $500 a night for this service is poor even in NYC, the customer service is poor and a brand new 'flagship' hotel should not have these problems. Despite all this the hotel is very comfortable, the amenities are great, the fixtures and fittings are certainly better than the average hotel, but the hot water experience has partly tarnished what might have been a great stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 529
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear foodshooter,

I apologize for any disappointment you felt in regards to your recent stay with us. I have forwarded your message along to our management staff, and someone will reach out to your privately to discuss your stay in further detail.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel stands out. The Battery Park City location is unusual and excellent. The staff are accommodating. By any standard, the rooms are spacious and the amenities are many (the separate bathroom and shower are lovely). The feeling when you enter the lobby is so unique that the memory stays with you for a long long time. What a great place!

Room Tip: It's on the expensive side but worth the money.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear tlc2vt,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you thought the staff were accommodating, the location was ideal and the rooms were spacious. We are so pleased that you had a memorable stay at the Conrad New York and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!