“Very nice hotel - I hope to go back soon.”
Review of Conrad New York

Conrad New York
Ranked #29 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
massachusetts
“Very nice hotel - I hope to go back soon.”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just got back from a long weekend in New York staying at the Conrad. Location is just wonderful, facility is stunning and staff is terrific. The only issue was that our doorbell (yes, every room has a doorbell) broke so we could not tell that the privacy light was on all day and our room didn't get cleaned. We requested and received clean towels, but after a long day exploring the city it would have been nice to come back to a clean room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of the Conrad New York. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to come back soon. I apologize for the issue with your doorbell but I am happy to hear that it did not deter your experience with us. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Alexandra Joset, Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at the Conrad, NY over Memorial weekend. Room outstanding. Breakfast and room service were very good. All staff we met were extremely helpful and courteous.
Close proximity to Hudson river and we enjoyed the 15 min river walk to Battery Park and Ellis Island ferry. Also close to 9/11 Memorial. Many restaurants and cafes nearby.
We appreciated being away from the 'hustle and bustle' of mid-town and in such nice surroundings. Finished evening off with drink at rooftop bar.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sunskichicago1
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I grew up in NYC and always felt I "knew" the city and everything it had to offer. However, the Conrad New York not only provided a wonderful place to rest my head, but showed me a part of New York that was fantastic!

The soaring lobby immediately exposes you to the special architecture of this hotel and jumps starts anticipation of a cool room. The front desk staff could not have been nicer with none of the pretentious snobbery affected by so many front desk workers these days. I asked for a view of the river from my room, and this Conrad employee took the time to show me a room available immediately, but he wisely advised me to wait a couple of hours so he could provide a room with a fantastic view. It was worth the wait; what a fabulous room, especially for the "Big Apple!" My suite was actually two rooms, a living room and a bedroom, with an expansive shower and separate large W.C. dividing the spaces. When I opened the blinds, the sparkling Hudson River came into view with the soaring skyscrapers of Hoboken providing the back drop. Wow! Everything was designed with taste and with ease of use. The glass enclosed bathroom was "private," unlike some of the glass bathrooms in designer hotels these days that expose too much intimacy in my opinion and are decidedly not "sensual" for most of us. Intelligently, the lights, temp etc. can be controlled from the two TVs, but also from switches on the wall. Thus, if you want techno hip it's there, but if you find the gadgetry ridiculous, you can avoid it. Towels were thick and ample, the bed comfy, and the room quiet.

The one "caveat" I had was the Battery Park neighborhood. It was never considered prime for Manhattan. This perception better ready itself for a huge change. This may be the best neighborhood in the city! Seemingly isolated from the "city" by the wide boulevard of West Street, the neighborhood tones down with a kind of hush. The streets are clean, the trees and bushes green and couples of all ages stroll arm and arm while kids play around them. Is this New York? The river, one block west, is lined with a groomed urban park with gardens, outdoor cafes, waterfalls, sculpture, playgrounds, marinas, lawns. Is this La Jolla? Am I in Saint Tropez? Nope, I can see the Statue of Liberty. While there are excellent restaurants, shops, food emporiums etc. directly outside the door of the Conrad, approximately a 10 minute walk away is the action and fervor of Tribeca. In twenty minutes you can stroll to Soho and the West Village. I loved it and took advantage of everything. I could even take a ferry back and forth to hipster Williamsburg in Brooklyn from a depot 5 minutes from the Conrad.

The bar at the Conrad was fun and room service adequate. The work out gym was too average for this great hotel. Oh, the rooftop bar was fabulous also with an incredible view.

I do hope the Conrad keeps its prices reasonable, because I would like to stay here every time I visit New York.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Philip G
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so much for this thorough review of the Conrad New York! It is an absolute pleasure to know what a fantastic stay you had with us. We are also pleased that as a native New Yorker, you were impressed with our Battery Park City location . We are very happy to hear all the hotel's features appealed to you and we hope you will return to stay with us again soon!

-Alexandra Joset, Marketing Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Conrad is a great hotel with excellent location. The staff was outstanding! The rooms were big and very high-tech. We also enjoyed the breakfast.

Room Tip: The food was expensive; breakfast at $32. If you are a hilton honors elite member make sure you get...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tony893
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for us and for my husbands family as well. We were all very happy with my selection. The staff went beyond our expectations in order to make us feel at home. There are nice restaurants in the same building were we had dinner every night when we returned to the hotel. We also had breakfast at a bagel shop there that we enjoyed every morning. The rooms are fabulous, modern, clean and a nice size for being on NYC. The location was perfect for a family trip, since its not crowded like other areas. I loved the hotel and had an amazing time with the family staying at The Conrad.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank City L
Placerville, California
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My adult son (electric wheelchair) and I stayed here. We were warmly welcomed, the staff was great at helping us with our van load of gear, and helping us find parking nearby. We were helped to our room and it accommodated our lift, his chair, and had a roll-in shower that fit our needs. There were a number of places to eat in the area that were handicap accessible. All the directions to transportation and locations took in to account our unique needs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much for posting your review of the hotel. We are beyond pleased to hear that both the staff and hotel were accommodating to you and your sons' needs. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future! Thank you again.

-Alexandra Joset, Marketing Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I loved the Conrad. The rooms have an amazing view of the river. I could even see the statue of liberty from mine. I would recommen this hotel for a romantic weekend or for a business trip. Since it is in the financial district, it's a bit far from midtown and the usual party areas. Loved having battery park right downstairs! Perfect for running or people watching

• Stayed May 2012