“Fabulous Place to Stay!”
Review of Conrad New York

Conrad New York
Ranked #32 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Conrad just opened 2 weeks before we stayed for 2 nights in April/Easter week-end. The place is amazing, you walk in the lobby which is a huge open expanse w/ this enormous blue tapestry suspended above which is back lit, it felt like an Art museum. Each floor corridor looked down onto the lobby. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a king deluxe suite that had a couch, tv and chairs w/ a desk that could be sectioned off from the bathroom area and bedroom w/ sliding glass privacy doors. The bedroom also had a sliding glass privacy doors which worked out well since their were 3 of us staying there. The bedroom had its own tv which you could use not only to watch tv but operate everything in the room like the heat. The lighting was digitally controlled through out every room with high tech switches. Comfortable bed and big window looking down on the world financial center bldg. The bathroom was sectioned off w/ the toilet & sink separate from a large walk in shower. There is a lot of restaurants in the same bldg and a movie theater or nice choices of places to eat in close proximity. The hotel is truly a top notch place to stay in the city, we'll be returning there in the future!

1  Thank Bogartist
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay here at the Conrad New York. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience and happy to hear that the staff, art work, suite features and dining options were all a positive experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 days. Great location and access to transportation. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank danderSeattle

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Conrad New York! I am happy to hear the service was excellent and that you enjoyed our location. We hope you will visit us again in the future

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel opened 2 weeks ago and I had a chance to stay there. What a wonderful experience. Very modern and with great service since the first moment you arrive.

All rooms are suites. When I entered my room, I thought I got an upgrade because the room was huge (for NY standards) and I did not. All rooms are suites, and there are even bigger suites. First, you find a nice living room with a flat screen. Then you have a huge bathroom with an even bigger shower. Everything modern and sleek. The bed is super comfortable and the sheets and comforter quality super good. I specially enjoyed the lighting system: it has names for each section so it was easy to control them and just turn on and off exactly what you want without to keep guessing all the time, like it usually is at any hotel.
I have stayed at several hotels in NY (including Marriott Marquis, Waldorf Astoria) and by far this is the one with the biggest rooms.
My only suggestion will be to have iron board and iron in the rooms. I had to request them. They were provided in minutes after I call, but I think is mandatory to have it in any room in any business hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review of the Conrad New York. It is really great to hear positive feedback about the suites - We are happy you enjoyed the spaciousness, design and one-touch technologies. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the irons/ironing boards, I will make sure it gets passed on to the housekeeping department. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We booked 2 nights during Easter to visit NY family, everything about the stay was comfortable, unique, and elegant. The room, with a NY harbor view has a comfortable living room, an elegant bathroom, shower and wetbar (with espresso machine) and the bedroom was comfortable with ample closets, dresser drawers, and beautiful original artwork. The artwork includes a stunning and vibrant atrium mural...perhaps 8 stories high. Had weekend brunch in Atrio, delicious food well served, excellent presentation, beautiful open kitchen, kind waitstaff. Staff throughout going out of their way to well define this new hotel. But the real star is the Hudson River-Battery Park City- World Trade Center location. As a former New Yorker, the billions spent on developing this neighborhood...beautiful parks, historic monuments, and a vibrant feel to the area...the Conrad builds upon and supports this mission. Very hard to check out, looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank matt707

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us! It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed both your meal and the service at ATRIO as well as the location of the hotel. We would love to welcome to back again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We checked in on time, and were told that the room was needed (with a sofa bed) was unavailable. So we left our luggage. When we came back, we were told the room was ready and that it had a sofa bed. Unfortunately, we found out later that the sofa had no bed and had an uncomfortable evening. While they changed our room for the second night, I found the experience disappointed for a premium brand like Conrad.

2  Thank Nate_TG

Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced - someone from our staff will be contacting you privately to better handle the matter. Thank you again

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel has only been open for a few weeks, but I can say it's done a good deal to repair my impression of the Hilton brand. (See my other reviews for my impressions.) My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in April. We were upgraded for being a HHonors Gold, and then again due to our first room having an electrical issue. As a result, we stayed in a corner suite, which was incredible!

Pros:
* Very safe, excellent location. Good for seeing the Hudson, and going to financial district, if that's your thing.
* Rooms are stylish and comfortable, beds are very nice as well. (See attached photos.)
* Staff is very friendly, helpful and courteous. I would imagine that opening a hotel is a stressful affair. While we could tell there were a few staffing shortages, everyone working here is doing a great job.
* High-tech amenities are nice. The room control is linked to physical controls, and also the television system.

Difficult to categorize:
* You won't want to leave your room in the morning. New York is a great city, but I was really thinking about spending more time in the hotel than seeing the city. (I felt like a bad tourist. :)

Cons:
* If you are looking for a hotel right next to a subway, this place isn't it. It's a 3-4 block walk. That didn't bother us, but it might matter for some people.
* As I mentioned above, it feels like they're still ramping up on staffing. Sometimes you'd call the front desk or the restaurant and it'd take them a long while to pick up. But otherwise they did a great job.

Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the hotel so much that you contemplating leaving to sight see - we are flattered! I am happy the staff were helpful and accommodating with your upgrade. I apologize for the wait you experienced when calling the front desk or restaurant, we will sure to relay the message to improve on this. Thank you again!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We've stayed in New York many times across the years and have always felt that the City's hotels are quite samey with few that stand apart from the crowd. Here though, is a real groundbreaker....

As you arrive at the Hotel you are greeted by a breathtaking and funky lobby decorated with interesting installations, great fittings and with a cool soundtrack playing. At the front desk the first impression of the service matched the wow greated by the lobby - the agent was genuine, helpful and attentive.

We were allocated a great room on the 5th floor. The door opens on to a spacious seating area with a desk and bar area which includes complimentary Nespresso coffee. Next a bathroom and huge separate shower and then a bedroom area with a really comfortable bed. The bathrobes were the softest ever, the aromatherapy toiletries superb, and the whole place just exudes quality. It's only a couple of weeks since opening I believe, and so everything is shiney and brand new.

In the morning we took breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was very European - delicious freshly baked croissants and danishes, great orange juice and coffee. Again service was exemplary. After breakfast we took a walk along the riverside, down to the tip of Manhattan - really nice.

There truly were no downsides here other than a small wait for a taxi mid-afternoon and a lack of help with baggage at arrival (although on departure the help couldn't have been better).

This really was an excellent experience and, if the Battery Park location suits your needs, we'd urge you to stay. I hope the team at the Conrad New York will manage to maintain the standard once the newness wears off - it's sadly rare to be able to say that a hotel exceeded your expectations but this was absolutely the case for us here this past weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear this hotel "exceeded your expectations" and that you enjoyed the restaurant, guest suites and hotel design. I am sorry you experienced a lack of assistance with baggage during arrival but I'm relieved to hear the staff was more accommodating upon checking out. We will definitely share that feedback with our team to improve moving forward. We hope you will visit us again soon!