“Great place...a bit different”

Bed & Breakfast Mont Morris
Ranked #3 of 75 New York City B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place...a bit different”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I travel quite a bit with work but this one was for pleasure....a week in New York with my brother and sister. We had great communication with Georgia before we arrived, plenty of hints and tips, and on arrival discovered we had a fantastic big room with an ensuite, superb value ..... and a nice change from the normal corporate decor.
It's more like staying wth friends than in a hotel, perfect for us but I understand that this isn't everyone's thing.
I'd happily recommend staying here to anyone, see some parts of New York you may not get to normally.
Thanks Georgia

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ukteros

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Mont Morris. Our room was perfect: beautifully decorated, clean and in a beautiful old building. Georgia was so friendly and went out of her way to make our stay special. The morning coffee was worth waking up for and the choices at breakfast were perfect. The location was great: out of the the business of downtown Manhattan, yet still close enough to get there in less than 20 min on the subway. If I go back to NYC I will definitely stay at Mont Morris again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank edall
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed in this b&b, rooms are small but very clean. We had a shared bathroom... Again which was clean. The area was fine, we had been warned about Harlem but was nothing to be afraid of, people are friendly enough and we caught cabs in the evenings, around 17$ from midtown. Cabs didnt seem to know where it was until we mentioned marcus garvey park? and the tube is just around the corner too! Make sure you get the 2.
Georgia is very friendly (although we went out fir breakfasts),she replied to all our texts, called our taxi to the airport and left us some amazing cookies too. All in all, mont morris was great and sooooo cheap! We loved NYC, very sad to be home

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank natalie j
Graz, Steiermark, Austria
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Don't think that there is any better place to stay for this money in NY. A very big room, a nice bathroom and very clean! The breakfast among the other guests was great and we got a lot of interest information of Georgia.

In comparison with South Manhatten, Harlem is absolutely relaxed! For sure we'll com back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tina L
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this great Harlem B&B. We were really happy with the quality of the room, the fun location and the hospitality of our host, Georgia. She spent some time with us, giving us some tips on getting around and engaging in thoughtful conversation as well. We were able to get around the city easily on the subway. There is also a great restaurant down the street, several small stores and other conveniences. Our room on the 2nd floor was spacious, clean and comfy. Breakfast was excellent as well...nice pastries, yogurt cereal, etc. and interesting conversations with our fellow travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Mont Morris B&B for a little over a week.
The B&B consists of several brownstones easily accessible off a main avenue subway station in Harlem, and a stones throw from a great sun trap park.
The rooms are clean and uniquely decorated, the breakfast is continental self service with a great selection of pastries, cereals, breads, tea/coffee and so on. The shower was en suite and worked really well with quality towels, the bed was very comfortable with a mattress nearly a foot thick. The room came with air con which was good as the July weather consistently hit the upper 90's all week!
The host was super personable, giving out local and city wide suggestions that the average tourist could spend half their trip hoping to find making the stay a big cut above any hotel help/info. This is the advantage of dealing with people who have lived in NYC for over 15 years of their life and are keen on being helpful with a personal touch.
To boot I had the offer to head out of town last minute for a couple of days and so asked to shift my last two days of booking back by 2 days and to my surprise they were able to accommodate this!
Not standard practice by any means and I think I got really lucky with a late cancellation allowing me to slot in like that. Never the less it's testament to the quality of individual care you can get if you book with someone like Mont Morris and not a large faceless chain.

Overall the stay really made my visit 100% better and I am staying here when I come back in April 2013. I can't recommend it enough for the price you pay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kevin p
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Looked at website didn't mention anything about not allowing kids let alone one child, should update their website if the owner doesn't allow children, kind of pisses me off,
6/8/12

Room Tip: call first