11,960 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkfourth floorrooms are smallyour luggageport authorityglass doorjavits centermodern hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bed
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed at Yotel in August on our honeymoon for 6 days. Overall it’s a good hotel with pros and cons like every other place, I guess:

Pros:

Location. It’s in Manhattan close to all the main attractions a tourist might want to enjoy. Close to the Bus Terminal and subway station. It is not a noisy place, of course with windows open you would hear the traffic, but with the windows closed you can barely hear anything from outside.

The terrace is really nice with a breathtaking view over Manhattan. Some of the best pictures I took were there.

Room was clean and wifi (payed within the experience fee) worked very well

Free water and ice on the floor

Good prices and taste for the coffee on the 4th floor lobby

The bed, the pillows, the mattress are amazing! Slept better here than at home

Possibility to stream Netflix on the Tv in the room was something I was not expecting and it was a nice surprise

Check out was an easy process that lasted less than 1 min

It looked to me as hipster cool hotel to be in

Cons:

In the first 4 days of our stay we had no interaction with the staff. As you use the kiosks for the self check in, really you don’t talk to people at all. A bit surprising I would say, but this might be a personal preference for some people

Room is extremely small for 2 people, do not book here if you are claustrophobic. In order to get around the room, one must definitely use the remote and make the bed smaller. There were some tiny details that made a difference for me in the room and you can check the photos, as the furniture (even though I am sure it’s new) it is not well preserved and signs of usage have appeared. There was a sign on the furniture with two empty spaces for glasses and it was written Cheers! In the room we had 2 empty plastic glasses, it seemed as if something was missing...

The safe in the room was not working. Ran out of batteries. We received help and issue was solved immediately, but one would expect that these things are checked before your guests arrive

My husband had booked our room at the Yotel via booking.com for our honeymoon. He even wrote an email to them 2-3 weeks before to make sure our reservation exists and our honeymoon stay will be smooth. In other hotels where we stayed we had received 2 complimentary glasses of champagne or something as we are newlyweds, nothing special in the room. It continued to seem to us as an impersonal experience overall

Wanted to have drinks on the beautiful terrace in our last night there. Asked if we needed to make a reservation, no reservation was needed which was great. Sat at a table where we were asked to take place, we were given menus and waited... for 10 min. Nothing. I asked my husband to check with a waiter if we should order from the bar. We were told somebody will come to take our order. Another 10 min later, after still nobody came to our table, we decided to leave.

There is a strict no smoking policy, which we have respected, but not even in front of the hotel would you find an ashtray, so we had to walk quite a distance to another hotel where an ashtray existed

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Mgr_365, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi, Larisa!

Congratulations on your marriage! We love celebrating special occasions and were honored to be a part of your NYC honeymoon experience! It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed some Instagram-worthy moments with great city views on our rooftop terrace, and we hope these will be a lasting part of your honeymoon memories. Our guests often rave about our comfy SmartBeds, and we’re glad our custom memory foam mattresses were a highlight for you. We’re sorry if our crew members didn’t give you the warm and fuzzies during the first days with us. While we love interacting with our guests, we also strive to respect those who prefer to keep to themselves, and we’re sorry if we read you wrong. We will be sure to share your experience in the restaurant with the Green Fig team to prevent situations like these in the future. We truly appreciate you bringing it to our attention, and we hope the two of you will consider visiting us again next year for your anniversary so that we may win your heart in full.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here in August for 4 nights, room was big enough for us, the bed and pillows were so so comfy, had the best nights sleep. The products in the shower and sink smell gorgeous!! we ate in the restaurant for breakfast, it’s was ok, staff were helpful, a strong smell of weed everywhere but predominantly in the hallways & in the foyer. Good location, I enjoyed my stay and would return (when I can afford it New York is not cheap).

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi Toasta,

We appreciate you making us a part of your recent NYC Mother/Daughter Getaway and taking the time to share the YOTEL love! We’re glad that our Urban Skincare Co. products and comfy beds were highlights for you, and we thank you for sharing your added feedback so that we may continue to elevate the guest experience for our future visitors. We hope that you and your daughter will be among them very soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I was excited about the concept of Yotel and in theory it's great but the execution, not so much. The technology available such as the automated, self check-in, the "yobot" that uses robotics as a bell hop and the selfie computer in the lobby and all really cool.

The rooms are the smallest I have ever stayed in. There is very little room to even walk around the bed. The bathroom is a good idea and I loved the shower head but the door does not close property and the bathroom floods after/during a shower. i thought it was just my door that was defective but my coworker said the same about hers. The parking garage is around $60+ a day.

The rooftop bar and view were by far the best part of the Yotel visit. It was great to sit outside at night and see the city. The Green Fig restaurant actually has really good breakfast items, however they could not "charge to room" so it was inconvenient.

I actually ended up getting food and fresh fruit smoothies that were 10 times better around the corner from the hotel at the Treehaus.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Thank you, Ann, for making us a part of your NYC experience! We’re glad you liked some of the special touches that make YOTEL unique, and we appreciate you spreading the word about YOBOT, the bellhop, and the convenience of our self-check-in kiosks. We’re sorry that some other aspects of your stay fell short, and we are grateful for your suggestions on how we can further improve for our future visitors. We hope you’ll visit us again so that we can have another chance to win you over.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The room is very old, no clean so good, all peeling and doesn't seem to be as beautiful as the photos on the site.
The location is good but this is not enough.
For this price you can definitely find something better.
Attached picture of the table in the room.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Emili J
Hotel_Mgr_365, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Emili,

We want all of our guests to be impressed by their time here at YOTEL NYC, and we’re sorry that we fell short of this goal during your recent stay. We appreciate you sharing your feedback so that we may sharpen the focus of our continued efforts to elevate the visitor experience.

Warmly,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We liked the fully automated check-in and the overall vibe, as well as the clever use of minimal space in the rooms, excuse me, cabins. (If you need a space to luxuriate in, look elsewhere.) Our room for 2 reminded me of European hotel rooms in which every nook and cranny has a purpose. We appreciated the push-button bed that folded partially to provide an extra half-foot of walking space.

However, we didn't get the point of (1) NO coffee in the room; we got an iron, but no minimalist coffee maker? Yes, there's a bouncy cafe on the 4th floor, but what about those of us who aren't so bouncy 1st thing in the AM?

(2) NO room lighting aside from the pinpoint reading lights, which meant an awfully dark room after dark.

(3) wimpy shower. (4) very average or below average food from restaurant.

Not sure we would stay here again. For one night maybe, but not definitely, and certainly not longer.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

We value guest feedback, Snarth, and we appreciate you sharing your point of view. While we’re glad that you enjoyed the modern and futuristic YOTEL concept, we understand that in-room coffee is essential for some of our guests, and we have made not of your vote in favor. As for the lighting in your cabin, there should be a bright light around the TV (in addition to the colored mood-lighting) and we’re sorry if yours was burnt out or otherwise not working. We would have loved to impress you further, and we hope to have an opportunity to do just that the next time you’re in NYC.