12,147 results
All reviews mission control the galley free muffins times square new york fourth floor rooms are small your luggage port authority javits center modern hotel hell's kitchen hudson river queen bed few blocks loved this hotel coffee machine
Reviewed August 9, 2018

We stayed at YOTEL for our first 3 nights in NYC. The room was not so big but that's expected for NYC, it was very clean and had a nice view of the city. Smart bed was a plus.

It locates in a nice and quiet part of Theater District/Hell's Kitchen and just a few city blocks from Time Square.

One thing that we weren't so thrilled about was a bathroom with no door (there was a sliding door with a curtain between the main area and the toilet). So we either had to turn the TV up so loud or just leave the room when the other person was doing a (serious) business. Not a deal breaker though :)

We would definitely stay here again though we wouldn't use this for a family (with young children) vacation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Hotel_Mgr_365, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hi, Blues!

We pride ourselves on providing an out-of-the-ordinary hotel experience, and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your recent YOTEL stay! Thank you for highlighting our spic-and-span cabins and great city views! We trust that our Times Square West location enabled you to get the most out of your time here in NYC, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in town!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 9, 2018

The room was small, the bathroom had little privacy, and the air conditioner was not functioning very well. Reported the air conditioner issue to the front desk, and they said it needed to be reset. Upon returning to the room later that night, the temperature had not changed. The bed was comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Greetings from New York!

We appreciate you paying a visit on your recent trip to Manhattan, and we value your feedback. We want each of our guests to enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in our cozy cabins, and we’re sorry to learn that your recent stay was impacted by AC issues. We appreciate you letting us know and apologize that our crew was unable to get things resolved to your satisfaction. We hope you’ll visit us again, and we’re confident that you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the experience!

Take care,

Reviewed August 8, 2018

First and foremost this is a neat hotel in a great location if you are a tourist doing either the theater district scene or Times Square. If you are a regular person who can walk it is very walkable to all these areas. Even walkable to Central Square park if you have on your walking shoes. Valet parking via entrance on 41st street and ride the elevator up into the hotel is super convenient - but even if that is full there seems to be plenty of other parking garages nearby. Fast checkin via kiosks without having to wait in lines to talk to a person. Cool spacey vibe and fun futuristic music in elevators, etc.. (I enjoyed the Star Wars music). All personnel are nice and found it super convenient for Uber who could just pull up - Uber to 9/11 memorial and Battery Park for Statue of Liberty was roughly $20 from Yotel. So mostly pretty good. Here are my constructive criticisms (although even with these I would stay here again). First, got a bad taste in our mouth upon arriving. Elevator didn't work after swiping our cards and we thought we were doing something wrong. Couldn't figure it out. Wasted like 5 minutes and finally got out and asked someone how the elevators work. Employee said "oh were you in the last elevator on the left? That one doesn't work." Would it have killed them to put a sign if they knew it wasn't working? Or better yet - turn off that elevator? Okay, that aside we were staying in an "executive suite" that had a queen bed and bunk beds - we were family of 2 parents and 2 kids so this seemed perfect. Expected a small room since this was NYC but it actually was bigger than expected - I think because it was also a handicap accessible room. Some smart features like a cutout under the bed for space to stash your suitcase, etc.. But some pretty dumb things. For example, the bunk bed - the top bunk is not a full bunk - more like a 3/4 twin. And it was not safe. The bed has HUGE cutouts at the headboard and footboard that a child surely could slip out of. Luckily for me my kids are teens and my youngest is a very sound sleeper - we stuck her up there knowing she doesn't move at night. I have no doubt my older teen (17 years old) would have slipped out of the foot of that bunk as she is a thrasher and the opening was huge. Further - the rungs of the ladder were SLIPPERY. I climbed up and was a bit frightened to come down but figured it was just me. But my fearless teen said it was really slippery and scary to come down. If you need to you could put the mattress down on the floor - But you shouldn't have to. They need to put some nonslip surface on the ladder and add a safety bar across the foot and head of that bunk. Bathroom door is very uncomfortable - I've read other reviews but until you experience it yourself you don't really grasp - but it is glass. There is no way to lock or secure it even to make sure it is closed - it feels like it could just swing open - so you are on the honor system here. Fine for a family but not sure I'd like it under other circumstances like a group of friends. The door seems like you'd see silhouettes of people through it but that thankfully did not seem to be the case BUT there is about an 8" opening above the door so ALL SOUNDS - you know what I mean - just carry out as though you were camping. I don't know why they don't close this gap - I am sure it is because they don't have any vents in the bathroom but they should fix that. At a bare minimum they should provide a sound machine outside the door. We took to running the water - what a waste. The bathroom was big enough but really smelled like mildew/mold. I am sensitive to that smell. I could not SEE any mildew or mold so I can't imagine where it was coming from but my kids agreed - it smelled. Also, I don't know why there isn't a mini fridge. Plenty of room for one and it sure would have been nice. Finally, the blankets on the bunk beds were ROUGH. My daughter got a RUG BURN just from moving her arm !!! The shower was awful. We all had different complaints - I think it depended on the time of day and how many other people were showering, but it took up to 2 minutes for the temperature to change to what you had adjusted it to. At one point one side of the showerhead was pouring out cold water and the other side had hot water - as though the mixer wasn't working.
BUT having said all that - here were the pleasant surprises - the queen bed was HEAVENLY. THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I have ever slept in at a hotel. The linens were heavenly. It was fantastic !!! The view is really nice. Size of the room was nice. The food available for sale in the lobby - pastries, etc. - were yummy and reasonably priced. Overall all the good outweighed the bad, but some of these bad things might REALLY matter to you so I mention it. Maybe management will see this and fix some of these issues. But if not, you probably won't be horribly upset if you stay at the Yotel UNLESS you are planning to put a small child up in that top bunk - then I would think again. It isn't safe.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel_Mgr_365, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thanks, June, for helping to spread the word about the fun and unique YOTEL experience in your detailed review. We appreciate you highlighting our convenient Times Square West location and some of our special touches, such as the quirky music in the lift, the gorgeous views, and our ultra-comfy Serta SmartBeds. We thank you, too, for letting us know where we can improve, and we have made note of your feedback about our bunk beds and showers. We’re very grateful for your recommendation and we’re sure our future guests will enjoy the helpful tips you’ve provided. Come back to see us soon!

Take care,

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I booked to stay here for our honeymoon from 31st July for 7 nights. The check in is slick and doesn’t require staff, using the machines in the lobby. We got our keycards and headed up to our room on floor 27.

After arriving in our room we found that there was no door separating the bedroom and bathroom, not really the best for privacy but it is what it is; don’t remember seeing this mentioned at the time of booking.

A friend had arranged ‘cold drinks on arrival’ for us, as it was a trip for the honeymoon she thought it would be a nice touch. Unfortunately what materialised was a warm bottle of wine along with 2 warm cans on ale. These were paid for and agreed. If you cannot follow a request, simply do not agree to do it.

We had a little wander around the local area and then headed to the bar/eatery on the terrace and had a cocktail and food. The food was reasonable but I don’t think the cocktail menu is extensive enough.

We then headed to reception to ask about our experience fee; the confirmation email stated we would get $20 a day food/drink credit. The lad told us that’s changed and it now covers aircon and WiFi. I told him I have it written in black & white on my email at which point he offered to refund us $140. Whilst I accept you have changed your system, that’s not my fault & it shows lack of consideration towards a paying customer to not honour the agreement.

On our first morning we headed down to breakfast & told the server we included the breakfast package. Our name wasn’t on the list & rather than provide any positive level of customer service, I was advised I needed to go to reception. They apologised & walked us over confirming we should be on the list. The same pattern followed for the next 2 days. I voiced my frustration & was told that your system has changed so the list wasn’t correct. Again, that’s not my issue and the onus at this point should have been on you to fix this, not me chasing.

Further frustration was caused by the simplicity and cheapness of the ‘breakfast package’. We didn’t enjoy the food and although we paid for it, we didn’t bother having breakfast on our final 2 days.

I appreciate this may not be directly down to you, but upon realising our mobile chargers didn’t work, we paid 2 x $27.16 ($54.32 total) for a charger from the vending machine. They were advertised as having 2 USB plug-ins but there was only 1. A waste of $27.16 as it meant we were forced to buy 2.

One evening, we decided after a long day it would be nice to get a drink & relax on the terrace before going to bed. We were advised the bar was closed due to a private party. I don’t feel this is acceptable & as a paying guest should be entitled to use the bar.

We had an issue with our aircon blowing out hot air which caused a whole sleepless night. The engineer who came to fix it was friendly and efficient.

I’d also like to mention the Colombian waiter within this review. Unfortunately I didn’t catch his name, but he is a credit to Yotel. He was kind, friendly and most attentive. The rest of your staff could do with taking a leaf from his book.

I would not stay at this Manhattan hotel again, nor would I recommend it. You must remember, the customer provides your business, I do not need to know about new systems or processes, you should do the right thing by your customer.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank CJeffs87

Congratulations on your marriage, Clare! We love celebrating special occasions, and we appreciate you visiting us at YOTEL for this romantic getaway! It is our goal to treat each of our visitors to a comfortable and memorable experience, and we’re sorry to learn of the issues you experience during your time with us. You are correct that our experience fee policies have changed, and also correct that this is not an issue that should fall on the guest. We will be reviewing your feedback regarding our vending items and the breakfast experience with our crew to ensure that situations like these are not repeated. We would love to apologize to you personally and hope you don’t mind dropping us a line with your contact details and a good time to reach you at elvis.gonzalez@yotel.com so that we may be in touch. We’d love another chance to welcome you to YOTEL so that we may fully win you over!

Best,

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Yotel this past weekend. I stayed in the First King Terrace suite which is one of the larger rooms at the hotel. The view was beautiful and the room could easily fit 4 or 5 people. The terrace with jacuzzi was the best part of it all. The employees at the front desk were pleasant, and the guys that worked in the lobby were also helpful. I would have given Yotel 5 stars, however I didnt agree with the extra $30 mandatory service charge which is supposed to be for gym and wifi ( none of which I used). Overall it was a really great time.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi, Shakyra!

Thank you for making yourself at home in our First King Terrace Cabin while here in New York! We’re thrilled that you appreciated the extra space, the outdoor soaking tub, and the great city views! We’re sorry that our experience fee caught you off guard, but you’ll find that this has become quite common among hotels in Manhattan, and we do our best to ensure that our guests are made aware of it at the time of booking. We would love to welcome you again soon for a fun and memorable time in the heart of Manhattan!

Best,