11,946 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkfourth floorrooms are smallyour luggageport authorityglass doorjavits centermodern hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bed
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently visited NY for a couple of nights an decided to stay at Yotel. The rooms are very old. The walls are nasty. The best are flaking and chipping. The appliances and furniture are old, chipping and flaking. The bathroom is moldy on the inside and oitside. The room was very dirty. The window sills are nasty. The selves weren't even wiped. Overall the place was so gross and disgusting. The front desk staff are not nice. They at very rude and have no sort of customer service. I stay at hotels every week due to work and business and this by far is the worst experience I encountered. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Randy M
Joseph-YotelGM, General Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Hi Randy M,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. If you can provide me with more details of your stay, I would greatly appreciate it. I can be reached at joseph.turano@yotel.com

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

We have visited this hotel many times during years. Some year ago they still had FREE coffee/tea and various muffins for breakfast but not anymore.

We find this hotel to be in a good location. It’s futuristic and hip. Suits better for young travelers getting to know the city. Rooms are small but motorized bed makes a little more room. Nowadays rooms are getting a little worn out, so hopefully they are going to get renovated soon.

- Free WiFi
- Housekeeping every day
- HD TV channels
- Small gym with good quality equipment

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple

FinTraveller85,

Thanks so much for the 4 stars! We are extremely happy to hear that your a loyal YOTEL guest. We are addressing the wear and tear issues as we speak and will have a fully refreshed product update by April 1st. We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

The hotel was in a great location, minutes from main subway stations and Times Square. The room was small, but the bed was comfortable and we didn't spend much time in the room anyway. We paid an extra $10 for a nice view, which I loved, and the purple lights were fun at night. Bartenders were funny, and the drinks were great. I will say that if you're sharing the room you need to be very comfortable with who you're sharing it with. The bathroom doesn't exactly have a door, just a curtain, and you can see the toilet from shower.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Vatejeda,

We love PURPLE! So happy to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your stay and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

I stayed here with my mum August 2017 (late review, I know) but it was a lovely little hotel in walking distance from Times Square. I think it is a very fun, quirky hotel, perfect for a week in New York. We had a queen room with a view. The rooms are not huge, as many people have mentioned, however the size was perfect for 2! There is tons of clever storage and the bed can fold in a bit to give you more room. The bathroom is separated by a curtain which I was worried about before our visit however it was not a problem at all! The toilet is in the far corner, covered by the shower so is not an issue. The room and bathroom were both very clean and the view was stunning. To me, the room size was not an issue because we hardly spent time in our room anyway - when in New York there is so much to see so you won't be in your room for long, other than for sleeping!! The hotel also has a beautiful roof terrace overlooking the city. I also found check in and out very easy, it is all done electronically which is quick and easy - although there are still lovely staff members if you need help. Overall we had a great experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucy E

Hi Lucy E,

So WONDERFUL to hear that you and mom enjoyed everything YOTEL. Our rooms are cleverly designed to give you everything you need and nothing you don't want. We look forward to having you back for many more future visits.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

Yes, the rooms are small, but they are pretty well laid out. Very friendly staff, ready to offer help if needed. Found the bar and cafe reasonably priced, and offering a good selection of goods. All in all, no complaints.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the wonderful comments about YOTEL. I would like to have you back with us next time to try one of our larger upgraded first class room types. We do hope you consider us in the future.