11,955 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkfourth floorrooms are smallyour luggageport authorityglass doorjavits centermodern hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bed
Reviewed January 2, 2018

I stayed here for NYE into the New Year and was excited about my stay but was let down when I got to there.

I was told my check-in time was 3pm and I arrived after 4pm and there was still no room ready. The front desk stated someone else checked out late which held them up, but that is no fault of mine, so I don't feel I should have had to wait a half hour to check in even after arriving past check-in time. They gave a complimentary drink but I ended up missing an event due to the hold up.

When we got into the room, it was much smaller than expected. We went to order room service and then was informed the hotel didn't offer it. We had to take a tray from the room to the restaurant downstairs so that we can order and bring it back to the room. I also couldn't fin whatever button we needed to press to adjust the bed. Looked around the room for an ice bucket, called the front desk and they told me I needed to come down there to get one, which was just a little paper bucket. I found out the bags for the ice bucket were near the ice machine. So you go up to drop bags, go down to get the bucket, then go back up to get the bag and ice. All pretty inconvenient and unnecessary. Could have just given one when checking in. There were also only two washcloths in the room for our two night stay.

One thing I loved was the view! It was gorgeous from the floor we stayed on (26th), but the price was literally paying for the view because the room was tiny. I was underwhelmed. I wanted to go back to try the room with Jacuzzi but I'm not sure if i'll be doing that now.

Room Tip: Great view from the higher floors
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The S
Joseph-YotelGM, General Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hello The S,

I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expecations. We try to be as clear as possbile on all of our channels, about the size of the cabin and services we offer at YOTEL. While we do not offer room service we do offer 3 options for dining on our Four Level. We do hope you will reconsider us in the future for a larger cabin as you had mentioned.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2018

Stayed here one night when it was a little late to go back to Brooklyn. Very modern, touristy hotel, but nicely clean and spacious for manhattan. The location is one of my least favorite areas in the city, especially as the west side in the 40s/50s has almost nothing interesting going on. However, I see the appeal for tourists. The rooftop bar was beautiful, spacious, and lively and one of my favorite aspects of the hotel. You check in at a kiosk which I found too gimmicky. The room featured big windows and a huge bathroom with very nice shower. Probably would not stay again, but it's a great hotel for tourists. Breakfast was okay, but nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: accesible rooms have great bathrooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry S
Joseph-YotelGM, General Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Hi Jerry S,

Thanks for the 4 stars! We are glad to see that you enjoyed our modern clean hotel, rooftop bar. Our kiosks were designed with the traveler in mind to get you in your room in a flash. For more traditional check-ins we do have the fourth floor Mission Control area. We do hope you give us the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

From the sign above the door, the revolving doors and the man/lady free terminal checkin, to the baggage storage, to the lobby on the 4th floor and the lounge area and bar area and cafe and restaurant and rooms with retractable remote operated beds/loungers opposite the tv with cubby holes and mood lighting and the floor to ceiling height window with views over the skyline and river...IT IS GROOVY, FUNKY, CLEAN & IN FACT AMAZING!!!

We loved it!
The staff were fantastic too and its very conveniently placed on 10th Avenue, close to the Port Authority/bus station on 8th Avenue and nearby Times square within 5 minutes walking distance three/four blocks away!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Liaqat A

GROOVY, FUNKY, CLEAN , AMAZING.. all words YOTEL loves to be associated with! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed FOUR, our SMART BEDS, Floor to Ceiling windows.. etc. We so look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Rooms were of the usual NYC hotels. The service was excellent. Only complaint is no bathroom door. Just a curtain. The Green Fig on site has a great breakfast. The location was perfect. Close to Times Square and theater district but a much quieter area. We will be back!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michele M

Hello Michele M,

Thanks so much for the great comments. We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

we had a 4 night break here in January 2017, it was snowing a lot but the hotel was lovely and warm, just what we needed. We did have a room by the lift but did ask to move as it was loud and it was no problem at all. The free muffins and coffee in the morning were a great touch. I would 100% stay here again

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the lift
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank victoria r

So great to hear that you enjoyed YOTEL! We look forward to having you back in the very near future.