11,956 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkfourth floorrooms are smallyour luggageport authorityglass doorjavits centermodern hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bed
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I stayed here while working in NYC for fashion week, and had a really great experience - one of the better hotel experiences in NYC I've had in a while, and at a lower price! I really liked the check in experience - really fast at the kiosk, and no waiting. My room was small as expected, but was well appointed with outlets, lighting, clean bathroom, and comfortable bed. I was on a higher floor with a view of the Hudson, which was nice but I'm not sure I'd pay more for that as the window is in the bathroom area so it's not like you can lay in bed and look at the view. That being said, I liked being able to crack open the window as it was great weather. The bathroom area is small, but sufficient. I will say that it wouldn't be ideal to share a room with people you don't want seeing (or smelling) everything as there's no real way to close off the area. But for solo travelers or family, it's completely fine.

I loved the rooftop area. I spent some time with friends there, and sipping coffee on my day of departure. Service was great and the vibe was relaxed. I also frequented the espresso bar for coffee and food every day, and had a good experience.

The only very minor issue I had at the hotel was not being able to use the TV for the restaurant menu. The channel wasn't working. I ended up finding the menu online and ordering directly, which was fine. I was exhausted and had 2 meals in my room (they don't have room service, but you just go to the 4th floor for pickup at the espresso bar) and they were both tasty.

I go to NYC frequently for work and won't hesitate to stay at Yotel again. Great value!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank emmajoan
Joseph-YotelGM, General Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

emmajoan,

Thanks a million for your 5 star review! So great to hear that this was one of the best experiences you have had. Great comments on the rooftop bar and overall efficiency of our cabins. We look forward to many more future visits.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on the way to pick up a cruise. Due to flight time changed and a 5 hr delay we didn't arrive until nearly 11pm, exhausted. Time from JFK by cab was 35 mins. Check in was quick and the room quiet for Manhattan despite a lively hotel bar as it was a Friday as we were on a high floor. It may have been our exhaustion talking but both bed and pillows were really comfy. Massive shower with good pressure and good temperature in the room. We could walk to times square, 5th avenue etc comfortably the next day. We left our bags with the hotel for a small fee and they were very helpful calling us a cab to the cruise terminal which turned out to be less than 10 mins away.

We will definitely stay here next time we are in NYC.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tallulah_9

Tallulah_9,

Thanks so much for the 4 star review! We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed our quiet rooms, lively bar, custom made mattresses and great bathrooms.

We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

The location is ideal and the room was nice, BUT you get charged something called "experience fee" so I ended up paying way more than expected. This is the thing: this is the first time I get charged the experiential side of my trip, and in fact, the experience was low: mean staff in the 4th mission cabin (not even looking at me when answering a question), not even coffee included, and the most surrealistic thing is how slow they are in the restaurant. Just example: 7am, breakfast time, 2 tables, and 40 mins to get eggs ready. watch out, they are looking for ways to raise your bill

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
7  Thank Karen M

Hello Karen M,

We are so sorry you did not get the opportunity to take advantage of the perks of the experience fee. We clearly state on our website that we do charge the fee, but the fee does have advantages such as:
The $25 per night fee provides value with a $20 per day food and beverage credit as well as 10% off tours and theatre tickets when booked directly through the in-house concierge located on ‘FOUR.’ The credit may be used at:

The Galley Espresso Bar all-day dining menu
Food-to-Go menu items for in-cabin dining
Green Fig restaurant & bar
The Terrace’s ‘Social Drink & Food’ menu
The Green Room 42’s entertainment venue- towards food and beverages during performances

I hope this clarifies the advantages of the fees and we look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Great hotel situated in an ideal location. We arrived after midnight and an attendant was there to talk us through the check in process making the process very easy. Very small room which is the norm in New York apparently. The space is used exceptionally well but you would need to be very familiar with your room mate to make this workable. The bed was the absolute best I have slept in, so comfortable. Very helpful staff, a nice breakfast was a part of our package. Would definitely stay here again, quirky and fun. We were delayed getting to New York because of Hurricane Irma in Florida. The Yotel happily refunded our money, no questions asked and were a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie B

Rosie B,

Kudos to your 5 star review! Our custom made mattresses are pretty awesome and we are so happy you got to experience it. We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was easy to locate with a huge banner out front, unlike some other NYC hotels where it can be a challenge looking for them.

We arrived early at Hotel and wanted to catch a few Zzzzzzzs after a long 10 he flight from Hawaii.

Check in was a breeze. When walking up to the Kiosk to check in, we were immediately greeted with a friendly good morning and a simple explanation on how to check in. The Kiosk said we were early and an early check in was available for $30. Without hesitation we checked in early and went up to our room.

We easily found our way around from the 4th, to the next set of elevators to the 25th floor. Our room was perfect for 2 people. The bed was comfy, there were more than enough electrical outlets for chargers and laptops. The room and bathroom was clean and didn't smell one bit. The towels were replaced daily, our beds were made neatly everyday and believe me not a strain of hair was found on the floor.

The shower and bathroom is really designed for married couples... absolutely no privacy, just a thin curtain and see through glass.

There were a few cons too.
- No Shower door, so water could splatter over the towel... I had to aim the shower head inward towards the corner to prevent flooding.

- If you have a big suitcase, it won't fit under the bed.

- NO Galley as shown on the video...the video showed the Galley with a coffee machine, nope...none.. just a ice and filtered water machine.

- Breakfast in the restaurant was not that great. Coffee is not checked on if its empty, always called for a coffee refill. My wife's scrambled eggs were egg substitute... we are both regular egg eaters, right off the back my wife said this isn't real eggs because she she knows her scrambled eggs... there is an art to making good scrambled eggs...this was the worst. Service was sub par... staff seems to lack training, so many times so staff looking at their phones.

- Upon check out we approached the counter on the 4th floor to check out, immediately without hesitation, or good morning etc, the woman behind the counter said. "You can Check out as the Kiosk downstairs"... ok, no biggie here...seemed she didn't want to be bothered at 6 am in the morning.

Everything else was great, it still gets my five stars because room was comfy, and all the guys downstairs were super friendly! Thanks Yotel...would stay there and recommend to our friends & family.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 808norm

Hello 808norm,

Thanks very much for the 5 stars! We are glad to hear that enjoyed the the uniqueness of our cabins, and also appreciate the feedback on how we can improve. We look forward to your recommendations and to having you back in the very near future.