11,952 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkfourth floorrooms are smallyour luggageport authorityglass doorjavits centermodern hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bed
Reviewed October 10, 2017

The location is ideal and the room was nice, BUT you get charged something called "experience fee" so I ended up paying way more than expected. This is the thing: this is the first time I get charged the experiential side of my trip, and in fact, the experience was low: mean staff in the 4th mission cabin (not even looking at me when answering a question), not even coffee included, and the most surrealistic thing is how slow they are in the restaurant. Just example: 7am, breakfast time, 2 tables, and 40 mins to get eggs ready. watch out, they are looking for ways to raise your bill

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
7  Thank Karen M
Joseph-YotelGM, General Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Hello Karen M,

We are so sorry you did not get the opportunity to take advantage of the perks of the experience fee. We clearly state on our website that we do charge the fee, but the fee does have advantages such as:
The $25 per night fee provides value with a $20 per day food and beverage credit as well as 10% off tours and theatre tickets when booked directly through the in-house concierge located on ‘FOUR.’ The credit may be used at:

The Galley Espresso Bar all-day dining menu
Food-to-Go menu items for in-cabin dining
Green Fig restaurant & bar
The Terrace’s ‘Social Drink & Food’ menu
The Green Room 42’s entertainment venue- towards food and beverages during performances

I hope this clarifies the advantages of the fees and we look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Great hotel situated in an ideal location. We arrived after midnight and an attendant was there to talk us through the check in process making the process very easy. Very small room which is the norm in New York apparently. The space is used exceptionally well but you would need to be very familiar with your room mate to make this workable. The bed was the absolute best I have slept in, so comfortable. Very helpful staff, a nice breakfast was a part of our package. Would definitely stay here again, quirky and fun. We were delayed getting to New York because of Hurricane Irma in Florida. The Yotel happily refunded our money, no questions asked and were a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie B

Rosie B,

Kudos to your 5 star review! Our custom made mattresses are pretty awesome and we are so happy you got to experience it. We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was easy to locate with a huge banner out front, unlike some other NYC hotels where it can be a challenge looking for them.

We arrived early at Hotel and wanted to catch a few Zzzzzzzs after a long 10 he flight from Hawaii.

Check in was a breeze. When walking up to the Kiosk to check in, we were immediately greeted with a friendly good morning and a simple explanation on how to check in. The Kiosk said we were early and an early check in was available for $30. Without hesitation we checked in early and went up to our room.

We easily found our way around from the 4th, to the next set of elevators to the 25th floor. Our room was perfect for 2 people. The bed was comfy, there were more than enough electrical outlets for chargers and laptops. The room and bathroom was clean and didn't smell one bit. The towels were replaced daily, our beds were made neatly everyday and believe me not a strain of hair was found on the floor.

The shower and bathroom is really designed for married couples... absolutely no privacy, just a thin curtain and see through glass.

There were a few cons too.
- No Shower door, so water could splatter over the towel... I had to aim the shower head inward towards the corner to prevent flooding.

- If you have a big suitcase, it won't fit under the bed.

- NO Galley as shown on the video...the video showed the Galley with a coffee machine, nope...none.. just a ice and filtered water machine.

- Breakfast in the restaurant was not that great. Coffee is not checked on if its empty, always called for a coffee refill. My wife's scrambled eggs were egg substitute... we are both regular egg eaters, right off the back my wife said this isn't real eggs because she she knows her scrambled eggs... there is an art to making good scrambled eggs...this was the worst. Service was sub par... staff seems to lack training, so many times so staff looking at their phones.

- Upon check out we approached the counter on the 4th floor to check out, immediately without hesitation, or good morning etc, the woman behind the counter said. "You can Check out as the Kiosk downstairs"... ok, no biggie here...seemed she didn't want to be bothered at 6 am in the morning.

Everything else was great, it still gets my five stars because room was comfy, and all the guys downstairs were super friendly! Thanks Yotel...would stay there and recommend to our friends & family.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 808norm

Hello 808norm,

Thanks very much for the 5 stars! We are glad to hear that enjoyed the the uniqueness of our cabins, and also appreciate the feedback on how we can improve. We look forward to your recommendations and to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Stayed here in September 2017 for a weekend away with my husband. The check in process was interesting as you use a computer rather than talk to a human. I guess this is part of their "futuristic" theme. I was slightly annoyed there was a charge to check in early (we declined) and also a charge to hold out bags until check in time. The room itself was great- we splurged for a room with a terrace and hot tub outside (see pics). The room has some issues with the lights but all in all it was clean and spacious. My one piece of feedback would be to inform guests of the hotel's offerings- there was a credit we received but didn't know how or where to redeem and there no one really promoted the rooftop bar though it was not hard to notice or locate. Great location in mid-town west- still in the mix of things but just enough away from the crazy of mid-town

Room Tip: Go with a larger room
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joannec386

joannec386,

Thank you very much for your feedback and 4 star review. We do appreciate the feedback and will use it to approve future guest experiences.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a recent trip to NYC. This hotel was great! I was worried with reviews I had read but was pleasantly surprised at the facility. The check in was different but very easy. Staff is right there to help and they are very accommodating and friendly. The room is small. There’s no other way to say it but how much time do you expect to spend in it? We used it to sleep and shower. I wouldn’t try to fit more than two people in each room either. There is ample room for all your stuff if you keep organized and utilize the space correctly. Also, make sure your are comfortable with your travel companion since there is not a real wall dividing the bathroom and they will be able to hear everything! Other than that the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and was in a great location! It is just off the beaten Times Square path so you lose the hustle and bustle but are still within a few blocks of everything. Would stay here again and would recommend his hotel to friends!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

mnmford,

I am so happy to hear that we exceeded all expectations. Though our rooms are small as you mentioned, they are smartly designed to offer you all the amenities you need and nothing you don't want. We look forward to your recommendations and look forward to having you back.