12,887 results
All reviews mission control free muffins times square new york fourth floor rooms are small your luggage javits center port authority modern hotel hell's kitchen hudson river queen bed few blocks coffee machine subway station rooftop bar
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Been here in NewYork city for 7 days so far. Stayed at the City Club Hotel for 2 nights. Great hotel. Then we stayed another 2 nights at the Crown plaza in time square on the 46th floor. Great view and rooms. So we decided to stay another 2 night and we chose the the Yotel! Figured we'd stay here cause it's on the west side of the city. CCH is on the east side, the Plaza is Time Square and Yotel on the west. First it's crazy confusing to check in. You are basically your own receptionist. Then we get in the elevator and you gotta swipe your card just to use it. And the people behind the counters on the "4th" floor suck as people when we asked for help. We got our rooms and there like a college dorm room. Mold in the shower, rust spots, stains on the carpet. Disgusting!!! For the money I paid, I could have stayed at the 2 previous hotels. This hotel is for isn't for family or people with self respect. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. How does this hotel gets good reviews is beyond me. Can't even smoke on the outside roof. Maybe it's because the people who do stay here have been drinking with the many bars and restaurants in the area..

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank yotelnotel
Joseph-YotelGM, General Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

We are so sorry that you feel this way about our hotel. We know you have many options in the city and we are sorry that you did you did not like Yotel.

As for some of your points, our kiosk check-in is simplistic in a sense that all you need is your confirmation number and credit card and you check-in to the hotel.
Guest elevators require a key, for our guests safety as we only want registered guests to access our floors. Smoking is against the law on the rooftop terrace and we strictly follow the laws of the city.

As for the comments of the room, we do hope you reported this as we would address this immediately.

We do wish you the best of luck in your travels into New York City in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Really only enough room for a night. Fiance' and I stayed there for one night and it really is only designed for 1 person. They check in and out process was excellent, bar and restaurant was also great! Highly recommend for business travellers!

Room tip: Small rooms, great for business
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnR4851
Joseph-YotelGM, General Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Hi John R,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are so sorry that you were disappointed with our cabins. We try to be very upfront with our cabin design and size through the photos and descriptions on our website, as well as through any conversations with our Crew. We are so sorry to hear that you felt that this was not detailed enough. I will certainly be sharing your comments with our Marketing team.

Thank you again. If there is anything that I can help with in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2017

This was a great place for us while we visited NYC. The check-in and check-out process were easy and top notch. Smaller room but laid out very well and functional. We also loved the comfort of the bed. The hotel is conveniently located very clise yo Times Square so it is easy to get around.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sarah W

Hi Sarah W,

It is so fantastic to hear that we were great. from check-in to our cabins it seems like we hit all the check marks. We look forward to having you back.

Regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2017

I recently booked the terrace suite for my fiancées birthday and left there thoroughly impressed and anxious for my next visit. The room was immaculate and the view was like nothing else. We had a couple of people over and played some games on the expansive terrace but kept the volume down to not disturb others. His friends were beyond impressed and dubbed me fiancée of the year, so I'm basically winning thanks to Yotel.

Room tip: Ice buckets necessary
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Karen C

Hi Karen C,

We are super excited to hear that we made a great impression on your special day. Our terrace rooms are amazing and we are so happy to hear that you got to experience it.

Congrats on being the fiancee of the year!

Cheers,

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

It was a gorgeous hotel. Except we stayed in a room where the ac didn't work. We asked them to fix it and they never did. It ruined our time because it was just too hot. They need to follow through with requests

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank katien395

katien395,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. We are extremely sorry that your request was not met, as we try to meet all requests. I would like the opportunity to invite you back for a discounted stay, to show you how great we can be. I can be reached at josepht@yotelnewyork.com