“What a fun, funky hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #126 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Portland, Maine
“What a fun, funky hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was in NYC for a black tie event and was worried that I wouldn't be able to check in early - not to fear! I arrived at 11:45 am and was so pleased that I could check in early! The staff was so helpful and accommodating - the self check-in kiosk was a breeze.
Although the cabins are small, they are very well laid out with plenty of space to stash the contents of your weekend get away bag...I love the design of the bathroom area, but fair warning - there is NO real privacy for doing your business...a curtain drawn to cover the glass shower and toilet area is all you get...
The bed was no more than a futon mattress, but it was comfortable for what it was, and the fact that you could raise or lower it (like a craftmatic bed) made it very comfy for watching TV.
The only negative comment I have is that as a guest, it became somewhat annoying to have to jostle with people in the lobby or wait for elevators at night, because there is a hopping night club on the 4th floor and there was a steady flow of people coming and going.
I would definitely stay here again - easy location to get to by car, near the subway, and the staff is OUTSTANDING....AAA for customer service!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello CarlaK22!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our property as well as the high level of customer service provided by our crew members.
We hope to see you soon! If there’s anything we can ever be of assistance with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at reservations@yotelnewyork.com.
Jose - Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,752)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I came to NY in January 2014 for my daughters 16th bday, from the moment we checked in it was a great experience! The hotel was in a great location, staff were extremely helpful and service was excellent, I had the breakfasts in the hotel which were a great start to the day, hotel was very trendy loved the art work in the restaurant and the layout, Wifi was free which was a bonus!
My room was small but it had everything you needed, slept great the bed was really comfortable, the galley is a great touch we could get our hot drinks 24/7 which were free.. food in the restaurant was a little pricey but overall a great place to stay i'll definitely be coming back there… they even extended my check out from 11am to 12.30pm as we had a late flight for no extra costs. overall great price, great location, great vibe, excellent service thank you yotel for a memorable experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Belle K!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are so pleased to hear that you
enjoyed interacting with all of our crew members and that you found our cabins up to your expectations.
Reading, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I recently stay at yotel because I saw how nice the rooms looked online and thought it was a good deal. When I got there many of the white walls were dirty from peoples hands and daily use, the service there is run by people that speak very poor English and have attitude problems. Finally I get to the room and it is tiny! The pictures online looked to beautiful and the actual thing is so far from the truth. I can love with a room that isn't so much what I expected but after I go out for the day and come back to find my medicine that I brought gone after the cleaning staff came through. Overall I felt ripped off that the room was nothing like that pictures and that I had my medicine stolen by staff.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello Zpaiva0915!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.We are so sorry that you were disappointed with the cabin size, as we try to be very upfront about this on our website in the listed square footage, photos and description. We are also disappointed to hear about your comments regarding cabin cleanliness as this is an area were we have always ranked very high on TripAdvisor.
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Before our stay at Yotel I read online that many people thought the bed was too hard. But I really liked it! If the bed is too soft i tend to get a stiff back, but after a week on the queen-sized bed my back didn't hurt at all - it was perfect for me.

We stayed in an executive view cabin - queen for seven days. It's 275 sqft (26 sqm) with a great view. We were surprised to see that the room looked exactly like the pictures on their website. The view was breathtaking. Two roller blinds gave us the opportunity to choose between privacy in the evening and complete darkness at night.

Free Wifi, muffins and coffee was great. And there were always people at mission control to answer questions. Check-in and check-out was really easy to do on the computers in the lobby, and made sure that we didn't have to wait in line. The hotel is located about five minutes walk from Times Square, and it's about to-three minutes to an subway station. Getting around the city was easy and cheap with a metro card.

Yotel is overall a great hotel, and we got good value for the price. Good service and cleaning made sure that we enjoyed our stay, and I can absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: An upgrade to "executive view cabin - queen" is worth it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Linda H!

We thank you for your kind words and support and are pleased that your stay with us met your
full satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to know that the combined efforts of our entire crew members result in exceptional experiences for our guests.
We can’t wait to welcome you both back! Please reach out to us prior to your return at reservations@yotelnewyork.com for any assistance.
Mililani, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Arrived very early at JFK (06:00). By the time we arrived at Yotel, it was well before "check-in" time, but the staff was very accommodating and made us feel welcome, while we waited for the room. Complimentary beverages and cupcakes with comfortable seats with free wi-fi made the wait much more bearable. We had requested early check-in since our airline only flies once a day to JFK from HNL and it is very early. The clerks were able to get us into a room fairly early and apologized for the wait. Staff was very gracious and competent across the board.
I like the usage of space concept and the futuristic theme. Kiosk check-in and out is a nice option, however I cannot comment on this as we did not use it.

Green Features: I'm a big fan of preserving the environment and the fact that Yotel is doing it's part, makes me feel proud to support their business.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ganbatte24
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from our stay at Yotel but what a lovely surprise it was....

I have stayed at other NYC hotels and this place was a GREAT VALUE. Really great price for the room, great location, great amenities without a doubt. Free Wifi, Free Muffins and coffee. Plus, we had plenty of room to co-work on the 4th floor and the staff was very friendly.

Our hotel room (2610) had a fantastic view of the city.

Also, I really appreciated that the subway was a few blocks away. Tons of trains go through that particular station so we could get anywhere quickly.

I stayed at Yotel because our company was there for a conference. My co-workers very much enjoyed the hotel as well. We would definitely book there again. You can't beat the value.

Room Tip: We were on the 26th floor (2610) and had a queen room with a view. Very much loved our view of the c...
Green Features: I really like that they offer organic body products.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Newfoundland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Upon our arrival we were extended a very friendly welcome and introduction to their automated check-in service on the main floor...also known as "ground control". You then need to take an elevator (very dark...hard to see) to "mission control" (front desk) on level four where there is also a lounge, restaurant and outdoor lounge...we did not use any of these amenities. Another set of elevators takes you to your "cabin" which was spacious. We had a queen size bed and a set of bunk beds. The room has a desk in front of a huge window with a great city view and has automated privacy blinds. The bathroom was nice to look at but the modern wading pool-type vanity was not level and the water pooled around the sides instead of draining...icky!! As well, the bathroom had a not so private feel to it as the door was frosted glass with no ability to lock along with open space above the door. The decor throughout is modern and sparse..all white with hits of neon purple. My young son thought the place was awesome. Great for a family fun but not a romantic trip. Conveniently, our room was located next to a beverage station where we could get ice water, tea, coffee, cappuccino,etc, free of charge. I would go back for the right price.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family