The hotel is a unique place, it looks quite 'space age' with its purple and white minimalist decoration and walking out on upper floor to get the lift to the cabins felt like walking into a nightclub as you are met with more funky lighting and an equally funky sound system. The check-in and check-out machine on the first floor was easy to use and very time saving as you don't have to spend time queuing to speak to a receptionist on arrival.
Complimentary coffee/tea and muffins were available for breakfast every morning and we noticed on one evening that complimentary hot apple cider and cookies were also available which was a nice touch.
The hotel is in a great location (West 42nd Street/10th Avenue) as only a stones throw from Times Square/Grand Central Station, so a fantastic base for exploring just about anywhere in the city.
The hotel rooms are called cabins and are compact but very well designed to contain everything you would need for a short stay in a small space. The space is small but ideal for a couple/single person on a short trip only using the room as a place to return to and sleep at the end of the day.
The facilities in the room were good, it contained a flat screen TV, ipod charger, iron, ironing board, safe, hair dryer, and a decent shower.
The only areas of improvement for us were:
(1) the bed mattress which was hard and OK if you naturally sleep on your back but not overly comfy if like us you sleep on your side
(2) the bathroom and bedroom areas were separated by a curtain which didn't give 'real' privacy in the bathroom and also meant that any unpleasant bathroom odours seeped into the sleeping area which wasn't great. As the temperature was -4 during our stay, opening the window wasn't really an option to eliminate any odours. A simple solution would be to replace the curtain with a sliding door.
On each floor there is a galley containing a complimentary coffee machine, fridge, microwave and vending machine for soft drinks. This was a nice touch as it meant being able to get a hot chocolate before bed each night which was very welcome after long days sightseeing in the cold weather.
Overall, a great stay for a 6 night break and would highly recommend this hotel for couples/singles looking for a comfortable, clean hotel in a great location. It was pricey but that was more to do with the time of year we were staying (2nd week of December, so prime Xmas shopping time) as all NYC accommodation is expensive in December
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOTEL is a first class hotel experience at an affordable price. Check in is all about efficiency, with kiosks that are your digital receptionist where you confirm your booking and grab your room key. The Midtown NYC hotel's 713 cabins offer guests a beautifully designed, flexible smart space to suit individual needs to relax, refresh, connect, and sleep. On the hotel's main level, 'FOUR,' you will find Mission Control, a futuristic, fully-equipped concierge desk for one-stop service 24/7. Also on 'FOUR' is a restaurant, an outdoor terrace space, a deluxe lounge and bar with private meeting rooms, a gym and flexible Studio for a range of events, a unique lounge space for working or relaxing, and work stations to catch up on email or browse the web. Guests can also enjoy access to complimentary WiFi and domestic calls. Conveniently located near Times Square, this Midtown Manhattan hotel provides business and leisure travelers with easy access to New York City attractions, corporate offices, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your YOTEL New York at Times Square West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yotel New York At Times Square West Hotel New York City