“Fabulous stay, once again!”

YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #128 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Fabulous stay, once again!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

What a fantastic stay at the Yotel. Thank you Linda,Joanna.Earl, Ovidio ,and everyone else who we came in contact with who went out of their way to make our stay just the best !! The location is perfect in that it is centrally located near Broadway! The continental breakfast hits the spot. The galley on every door serves Latte etc....what a nice touch. Our room was so comfortable. We stay here whenever we come up from Florida
to visit our grandchildren and it is our home away from home.
Thanks again
C and Z

Room Tip: All the rooms have been great!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
YOTEL_New_York, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello Cathy D,

Thank you for your awesome review. We appreciate the time you took to not only mention our amazing crew member buy name and we are proud of them as well for the impression they have made during your stay. Our sincerest gratitude for your loyalty to our property and we greatly enjoy hosting travelers like yourself who recognize what a special hotel we really are. Looking forward to seeing you again soon….we’re sure your grandchildren can’t wait either!

Simone-Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,804)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Staff was great. Rooms are modern and had everything you want for a business stay. Iron and board in room which was a nice surprise. Only negative was the awkwardness of taking 2 elevators, but that allowed you to see their featured smiling statue more often...

Room Tip: On foot, avoid 38th-41st for all the overpasses. Best to walk via 42nd.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
YOTEL_New_York, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hi Garmildesign,

It's great to hear that Yotel, being as modern, funky and unique, it's a hotel that it's suitable not just for leisure travel, but also for our business clientele. Yotel features a nice restaurant and terrace area located on the FOUR. All guest and visitors that come to visit Yotel, are immediately forced to visit this area, when utilizing our main entrance elevators. Since YOTEL also welcomes our local residence to visit us for a nice dinner at the restaurant or a drink at the bar, we designed separate elevators for our outside guest travelers to access their room. I personally love the design of having two separate area to access the elevators. The main entrance elevators allows all our guest and visitors to visit our restaurant or reception desk, while our second elevators located on FOUR, only provide access to the registered guest. It's one of the excellent way Yotel provides our hotel guest, safety and security. I hope you got the opportunity to take a picture with our smiley statue "Shaggie" which I can say it's very loved and famous to our guest. Thank you for your feedback, and hope you'll visit us again on your next business/leisure trip to NYC.

Arelis Eralte, Assistant Director of Housekeeping.
san diego, ca
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our company took a trip to New York City at the beginning of October. Most of us stayed in the premium queen cabin, which was a little small, but it was reasonably priced for being so close to Times Square. Checking in was easy and the staff were helpful throughout our stay.
This hotel is in a great location, it’s within walking distance of some attractions and the subway. Most of us walked to our Broadway show and to restaurants in the area as well. Although the subway was a little bit of a walk, it wasn’t too bad especially since we got such a great deal on the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank infotechsm
YOTEL_New_York, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear infotechsm, there is truth to the cliché that “great things come in small packages”. So glad we lived up to your expectations, experiences and value. See you again and hopefully soon.

David - Director of Sales
Charleston, SC
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Even though you feel that the Yotel cabin is just another small NYC hotel room, you soon find out that the room has everything yoiu need for a stay in the city. thre are no closets, but there is sufficient hanging space for a week's worth of clothing. The bathroom is full size, and it is probably the nicest I've seen in NYC in this price range. the design is a little over-the-top, but all four of us were very impressed with our individual rooms. the location is really great. The restaurant is pricey, but the area abounds with eating choices if you are willing ot walk a block or two. we would definitely stay here again when visiting that area.

1 Thank barryorflo
YOTEL_New_York, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello Barryorflo! Great feedback, and thanks for sharing your comments about YOTEL New York! I love the bathrooms too, how cool to have a view of NYC from your window! Thanks to you and your colleagues for staying with us during your business trip, and we hope to welcome you back again soon
Cari- Director of Sales
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 14, 2013

While not your conventional Hilton, Marriott, etc....the Yotel in NYC is a unique and interesting property where the staff gives me hope that a comeback in providing friendly service and great hospitality is underway. With nearly all employees greeting you with a smile and a "How can help make your stay better" attitude, I want to particularly mention the front desk staff. There were others whose name I did not get, but both Shane and Nardory were particularly helpful on several occasions.

Yes, the guest rooms are a bit small (ok, real small), but they are clean and actually pretty comfortable. I'm still working on keeping the water inside the shower, but all in all, the room was fine for my stay of nearly a week. But, have to say....if more than one person would be in the room, it likely would seem VERY tiny.

HAving the use of the lobby computers with free printing that I needed done saved me form going to a FedEx Office store and spending $20-$40, plus cabfare.

Breakfast drill is a bit quirky, but the Yotel has something for people who want a quick coffee and muffin (free)....something for those who want an omelet ($13) and something for those who want a full breakfast menu. Hell, there's even pretty good Lavazza coffee in each guest floor's Galley area.

The bar atmosphere can get a little loud occasionally, but this is that kind of hotel where guests seem to be enjoying themselves and it really wasn't a big problem.

Also, plenty of very good nearby restaurants of nearly all types and cabs seemed easy to get if you want to venture further.

Summary, fun, clean hotel...with friendly staff...and, here's the important part - THAT DOESN"T BREAK THE BANK WHEN YOU GET THE BILL.

I hope other hotels (especially, the big chains) take notice

Room Tip: Both times I've stayed here the rooms were virtually identical, so not sure if they have "s...
Green Features: Change the bedding every three days or upon check out.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had called a couple days before to make sure my reservation was there and wanted to see if I could make the payment on the reservation that day so I didn't have to worry about paying when I got there. The first person I talked to was very nice and said they would transfer me to someone who could help. I was only on hold for a couple minutes and when taken off hold i was introduced to a women named Linda who was going to help me. When this lady answered the phone she seemed annoyed like she didn't want to be talking to me. She then proceeded to tell me that she needed my confirmation number. I told her it was on my email and I did not have access to it at the moment. She started to get snotty and told me that I should have it. She then got annoyed because I didn't have my credit card as soon as she asked for it and I told her I would get it. Only to come back to the phone to find that I was put on hold! When she came back she was very rude and I told her I did not appreciate her attitude only for her to say "mhm" and hung up the phone on me! When I got to the hotel I asked to speak to her and make a complaint and was told she was too busy. Great hotel, horrible customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi Cindy D!

We are very sorry to hear you were not given great service while on your booking process. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback so we can internally address this training opportunity.
On the other hand glad to see you enjoyed our hotel and product!
We hope to see you next time around in NYC!\
Jose - Assistant General Manager
Michigan
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Recently stayed for three nights at Yotel. The atmosphere was that of super modern, almost space age. My room while small, was well designed and perfectly suitable. I will say the bed was not the most comfortable I've experienced. The staff was very accommodating. I loved the on floor lounges with complimentary coffees and tea.
The location is great for theater going. Very close to the port authority station so easy to get around town. I will definitely stay at Yotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LAMidway
YOTEL_New_York, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hi LAMiway,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at YOTEL. Our cabins are smartly designed with an emphasis on small but efficient use of space and we greatly appreciate your observation to such a major detail of our property. Please also note that we are improving the quality of our beds so next time you visit we are sure you will have a more pleasant night’s rest. We are happy that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us and we are anxiously awaiting your next visit.

Simone-Marketing Coordinator