“Great place to reserve a wedding block” 5 of 5 bubbles

YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #130 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Great place to reserve a wedding block”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

For our daughter's August wedding in New York City, the vast majority of those attending were from out of town. So in the early spring we visited a bunch of west side hotels (the wedding was held at Chelsea Piers, so we wanted people to be staying close by), and we chose the Yotel based on the friendliness of their event planner Maysoon and the deal she was able to offer us.

Also, the Yotel has a funky youthful vibe which everyone in our family liked. They call the rooms "cabins" and yes, they are fairly tiny, and it takes a minute to figure out where all the light switches and stuff are, but they are pretty well stocked with all the amenities you need. For the wedding weekend, all people really needed was a place to sleep and a place to shower and get dressed in, and the Yotel rooms were more than fine for that.

And for hanging out, the 4th floor spaces served us well. The first day everyone was there, a bunch of folks congregated in the Yotel restaurant for afternoon coffee. At various other times we gathered to chat and meet and greet and so forth. All went well.

And then the big day arrived, and Maysoon upgraded our daughter from a junior suite to the presidential suite and there were lots of tears and omg's and the makeup and hair people were there with the photographer and all the wedding party and it was a happy scene and wow, the day started with a bang.

In short, the day was all we had hoped, just the most amazing day for our girl and her guy and all our family members, and Maysoon and the Yotel played a major part in making it happen, and we will always always have a special place in our hearts for them.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Customer Servic... M, Director of Sales & Marketing at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Charming Karl, how great it is to receive a "WOW" in return and to know that Maysoon and YOTEL had a hand in this big moment. You've given us memories to cherish and we wish your daughter a life of love and happiness. Oh...and many anniversaries at YOTEL. David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,730)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Yotel was a sugestion of a friend who said it was a good hotel, new, nice and modern for an excellent price. Everything was true! Also I found very friendly people there! I still remember the good smell of the hall. Great time!

1 Thank Matilde C
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed at Yotel for a week while in New York. Can't say enough good things about them. First of all, our flight was delayed by 24 hours, and we didn't find out until 3 hours prior to flight time. Called up Yotel and explained the situation, and they waived the one night with no hassle at all. Plus, when we finally arrived at 8am the next day, they had the room ready for us right away! We had requested a higher room and we got the 21st floor, was not noisy at all. Free muffins for breakfast and hot chocolate in the galley was greatly appreciated. Room was small, but I went with my wife so we had no problems getting cozy and we're used to each other's noises, lol. I was a little worried about hardness of the bed after reading reviews, but I had no problems with the bed at all, slept like a baby. Location is good, about a 5-10 minute walk to subway and times square. I would definitely stay here again if visiting New York again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Customer Servic... M, Cabin Crew Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Jeremy! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! YOTEL was built to be intimate and accommodating with a galley on every floor so you can get your much needed morning coffee fast or in your case the much loved sweet hot chocolate (My favorite by the way!). We are also glad to hear you loved YOTEL's location in the middle of the Big Apple. Thank you again for giving us your feedback. We are looking forward to having you here again! Anca
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I read a review before i booked this place, as being suitable for the 30 something's and not, as in our case, the 50 something's. it made me think I had made a mistake, but let me tell you I didn't make a mistake. I loved this hotel because it's very different. The cabins are a tad small and not much room to hang your stuff, but when you're only there for a matter of days it doesn't matter. It's clean, it's funky and it doesn't matter how old you are, it's a great place to stay. They even arranged a gluten free breakfast every morning for me instead of the free muffins which I couldn't eat. Tea & coffee machine on every floor to help yourself to every hour of the day. Also ice cold water. They don't have a pool, but they have a great roof terrace.

Room Tip: If you need a bit more room than we did, then book a bigger room, family room or VIP or premium.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Susan H
YOTEL_New_York, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Susan H, It's such a pleasure to hear good feed-back from our guests. Yotel is an oasis in New York where the age does not matter you can still have fun in your 30s, 50s and so on. I am glad you enjoyed our Yotel galleys and terrace. I love the terrace especially in the evening when you get the nice breeze from the Hudson River.
Once again Susan thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and looking forward to having you back! Please don’t hesitate to reach us at reservations@yotelnewyork.com- Anca Marginean - Cabin Crew Manager
Merida, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hello I stayed at Yotel New York, and everything was great, before the trip I was in contact with a guy called Abel Gregory from the management of the hotel, to confirm the booking and He was very kind and gave me all the information that I needed.

I stayed in a regular cabin, and was very clean, it had everything you need, the coffee in every floor is a great detail and the muffins are delicious, it is near to Times Square and the price was excellent, the people that works in Yotel are very kind, the design of Yotel is very cool, free WIFI, thumbs up.

I stayed for 8 nights and i did not have any problem, everything was great.

Congratulations to all in Yotel.

Green Features: A thing that i really liked and it is ecofriendly, in every floor you have a water and Ice machine to refill your bottle or cup, so yo don´t have to buy bottled water and generate more garbage.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kalin23
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I cannot say enough to compliment everything about Yotel, it's exceptional. It's an experience unlike anywhere else I've ever stayed. I've travelled around the world and stayed in many hotels, and I've been to New York twice before, but this is the best hotel by far that I've ever stayed in. It's not expensive and it's so close to Times Square, it's got amazing style, great technology, so clean and fresh and comfortable, and the staff are fantastic, we loved it and we're already planning our next trip back.

Green Features: It's excellent, the air con is only on in short bursts, it's really comfortable and quiet. Check-in and out online is really efficient with no paperwork. The baggage robot is brilliant technology.
1 Thank Alison J
stockport, england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our 3rd time visiting NY and the Yotel is definitely the worst situated hotel we've stayed in. We felt we were too far away from everywhere we wanted to visit, the Yotel is the wrong side of Times Square and the nearest subway is Port Authority. We stayed in a Premium Cabin with a Queen Bed and Overhead Bunk, the room is lovely but very compact, I know it says this in their description but it was still a surprise when rooms are usually so spacious in the States and the price here wasn't so much cheaper than the fabulous Omni Berkshire that we stayed in last year when we got married (if you keep looking you can find great deals for the Omni and it is really worth it, fantastic hotel and gorgeous rooms in a perfect location).
The breakfast wasn't worth staying for (small muffins and basic coffee) either. The bathroom is ok if you are extremely comfortable sharing your private moments with those you're sharing with! Not a problem for my son and I but my husband wasn't happy!
I also felt the staff were very tip oriented which I didn't like.
I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Foxy0304
YOTEL_New_York, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello Foxy0304, Thank you for your feedback. We strive to create positive experiences for all of our guests, all of the time and we are sorry to hear this wasn't the case upon your stay. As you mentioned our rooms are lovely and very compact. We try to be very upfront on our website with a complete description, photos, and the square footage. Your comments regarding our staff will be addressed to the appropriate manager. Please feel free to reach out to us at reservations@yotelnewyork.com if we can be of further service, or address any additional comments. Thank you again Foxy0304.-Colleen Fink - Executive Assistant to General Manager.