“A modern affordable hotel”

YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #131 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Athens
“A modern affordable hotel”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The reasons why we choosed YOTEL was its design and lay out of the room, location, free internet and low rates. The reasons why we highly recommend it are all the above plus the alley instead of minibar in the roomsand the breakfast that is to be taken out in contrast with all other hotels that have an expensive useless minibar and the breakfast offered is strictly to be taken in the breakfast room

Room Tip: Basic cabin is very convenient not only for solo travellers but for couples too, and the view from t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,824)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spent 3 nights with my daughter at Yotel March 10 - 13, 2013. Check in was very different - you do it from a computer on the ground floor and then you get your room keys from there. Then up to the 4th floor lobby and from there up to your room. Room was a very small but very clean cabin - the bed took up most of it. The bed was inclined like a couch which gave you a bit of extra floor space. When you went to bed at night, you pressed and held a button to make the bed flat and less floor space. Small bathroom but definitely enough space with an electric towel heater. Bathroom was separated from the "bedroom" by a curtain.

I didn't even realize there was a galley on the floor until my sister who had stayed there before told me. I didn't see the sign for it and by not talking to anyone when I checked in, there was nobody to tell me about it.

Breakfast muffins and coffee were complimentary and very good.

All in all it was a very convenient location and very clean. Depending on who I travel with next will depend on if I would take this room again. From some pictures I looked at while writing this review, other rooms seem alot larger.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently I stayed there 3 times in the last 3 months. I like the location, just a mere 2 blocks from Times Square. Also it is across from a 24 hour CVS which is convenient.

One of the stays, we had a fire alarm as there was a fire in the 23rd floor. It was a bit confusing and we were stuck on the 4th floor for a few hours. When finally we were announced we could go back up, while waiting for the elevators we were told to wait some more. (The NY Fire dept had not made the call to let us back up. But another announcement was not made on the intercom though.) It was very frustrating. There were staff going around handing out water and we did the best we could in the circumstances.

I like the galley idea but ran out of cocoa and tea though alot of the times.

The toiletries was nice (no lotion and conditioner) but have a interesting body wash/shampoo combo. Space in the Queen size bed premium cabin was good. Loved the free WIFI did not care to have to give my email address in order to log on.

One thing my friends and I did not care about is that you could hear all activity in the bathroom/shower as there is no wall. But other than that we loved the pull out futon/sofa bed. The rooms each time were spotless. Staff were helpful when we needed help checking in and out. Also when I asked concierge for help they were great.

Free coffee and tea in the mornings with muffins too. We opted to bypass the muffins for other food but glad to have good tea and coffee though available. There are 4 computers you can have 30 minutes free access if you need it.

There is a lounge and restaurant we did not visit. But we liked the elevator to the Signature Theater in the same complex. We could not take it in YOTEL to the theater but we could from the theater to the hotel's fourth floor.

Totally would stay again and I am soon! Plus only a few blocks away from Highline and the Megabus departures too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Yotel was a great combination of style and value. I needed only a place to stay (not entertain), and the basic cabin was perfect for this solo traveler. It's tiny, to be sure, but appointed carefully with room to stow everything and move around easily. I've stayed in other tiny NYC hotel rooms and none worked as efficiently as this.

I was on the east side of the hotel and appreciated the morning light.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jyväskylä
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Yotel. Hotel is very nice, different kind like another hotels in New York. Very helpful staff! Lots of muffins at the breakfast:). Rooms are small but lovely ones. Located in the good place. Everything is nearby!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buddyn98
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Good value with excellent staff who were friendly & helpful. Free muffins & drinks for breakfast & free internet stations also. The only failing was "plumbing issues" (& not just in the cabins) & maintenance issues with galley drinks machines not always fully working throughout the day. None of these points though would stop me from staying again.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

On arrival the staff were extremely helpful getting luggage out of the taxi and directing us to check in. Check in is easy and done on a computer or if you prefer done with staff. We booked an executive view room which is well worth the extra money, brilliant view, automatic blinds, big shower, comfy bed and pillows. The room was cleaned everyday and towels changed if needed. The galley on each floor has purified water with ice, coffees and hot chocolates. I didn't think we would use it that much but were surprised how good the coffees and hot chocolates were. We stayed in this room for four nights and then upgraded to one of the First Cabins with hot tub after winning the Valentines comp. If you can afford the extra cost of this room I would highly recommended it. The room is like your own apartment including a comfy sofa, huge bed, 32inch TV, lots of space for clothes which is not found in other rooms, large bathroom and a robe included, outdoor terrace, table and hot tub (sadly not available for use in the winter which would of been nice) I cannot fault this room, apart from the blinds not being automatic like our previous room but we managed to cope.
Overall our stay was very pleasant and looked forward to coming back to the hotel at night. We didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food but it did look nice. Again the staff were very helpful and knew their stuff about New York and the hotel. I cant forget the location which is spot on, 5 minute walk to Times Square!! Travelling to and from the airport is easy with their private taxi bookings which are $5 more than a standard yellow taxi. I will be staying here again on my next trip and recommend anyone travelling to New York to stay in this hotel.

Big thanks to Yotel.