“Modern Stylish Hotel”

YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #132 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed for one night have 2 kids (6+9) is location is very convenient close to Time Square and broadway.Walked 6 Blocks to the theater to see The Lion King. This hotel is a hang out for young people and older once also If you are tiered cause you walked all day in the city and want to enjoy yourself without going really some else this is the place you'll just go down the elevator and you are at the restaurant or bar. The room was clean with a big shower . Over all a good stay , a little expensive unless you get a good deal like I did.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank artist963

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Good hotel in a decent location.

Took my mum and dad at the end of August and to be fair, if you're visiting NYC you shouldn't be spending much time in your hotel anyway!

Good location, not far from Times Square and many restaurants. Would definitely stay again.

The rooms are small and basic but clean which is the key thing.

Also recommend a restaurant about 15 minutes away called Taboon, Middleterranen (spelling?!) - anyway a fusion of middle eastern and Mediterranean. Definitely check it out

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dip S
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love Yotel for their uniqueness. Whenever I come to NYC, I stay here. I refuse to stay anyplace else. I can always find nice discounted rates. I try to take advantage off them whenever I can. They offer upgrades at a discounted price and they offer amazing views as well.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stay some 40 to 60 days in NYC a year for business. I've always been intrigued by the cool pods and futuristic/minimalistic design. I still like that part of it. It was the lack of brains and leadership provided to most of the staff. Little things like not cleaning my room properly to broken chairs to no soap and no cups in the galley. All were little things that most other places would fix very easily. They botched every single one. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for that very purpose, no matter how cool it looks.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 22nd to 27th floor. The Yotel is located right by the entrance to the Lin...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Wheelchairtaximan
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a very modern futuristic hotel, rooms are small but very clean & location to times sq is brilliant!!! Would defiantly stay here again! Check in is all computerised but staff are on hand for those less experienced!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I think Yotel is "the best thing since sliced white bread" exactly what I need on these three day business trips. You can't beat the rates, super Clean modern cabins, comfortable bed, rain head showers, no frills just great service, drinks food and a certain OMG i'm surrounded by a very interesting youthful clientel. We loved the location, the bar and apps, abundant continental breakfast...I really haven't stopped raving about it since I got home.

Room Tip: I don't know enough about the different types of cabins to give any suggestions. I might ask foe...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I were excited to stay at Yotel after reading such positive reviews. In general, the location is good, although a bit of a walk to get to Times Square or Port Authority, and the rooms are indeed small, but efficiently designed. However, if you need any sort of privacy when staying with more than one guest, this place is not for you. I was with my boyfriend so it wasn't an issue, but a door for the shower and the toilet would've been nice. It just doesn't make sense for the shower to not be closed off from the toilet; everything gets soaked.

What was disappointing was the conflicting services. On one hand, the gentlemen in the lobby were very helpful with our luggage and arranging a ride for us to get to the airport. Also, the staff on mission control were very nice. But the cleaning service was lacking. During half of our stay, the cleaning crew did not bother to come back and replace our towels and make our beds even though we hung up a sign all day for cleaning services. In fact, we had to call mission control for clean towels and toiletries more than once. We were informed that linens are replaced every third day of our stay, however, ours were not. When we returned around 11pm on our third night and noticed no one came to clean our room, I called mission control for immediate assistance. They said someone will be up immediately. Forty minutes went by, and no show. So we called again and finally a man, who probably wasn't a usual cleaning staff member, arrived past midnight with new linens and towels. We stepped out for about twenty minutes and when we returned, he was still replacing the linens. The hotel bar was closed so we had nowhere else to go. It was so very awkward standing in the bathroom watching the man make our beds and although he was trying very hard and we appreciated his help, I noticed he was wiping sweat off his forehead on his arms repeatedly and then proceeding to stuff our pillows in new pillow cases. Gross. When he finally left it was around 1am. Needless to say, we were exhausted. As I was about to go to sleep, I noticed the sheets had faint streaks of brown stains and holes in our pillow cases. I was livid. The next morning I stopped by mission control and explained the situation. They simply replaced our linens again. Fine. But again the next day, none of our towels were replaced, bed was unmade and our toiletries weren't replaced. I understand that this hotel emphasizes a focus on minimal service for cost efficiency, but the basic services still need to be met.

There were many other issues such as half of our floor being blocked off with unsightly plastic coverings and machinery in front of the elevator for half the week. No explanations for the inconvenience whatsoever. Rooms were being painted at odd hours of the day and night without any courtesy notifications. Also, the galley on our floor had a terrible draft and cups were not stocked. So we had to go to a different floor for...a cup. It's these small details that were hard to overlook.

I really wanted to say we enjoyed Yotel, but we were very disappointed. Our standards for hotels are not ridiculously high; we know we get what we pay for. But we didn't. This place has a lot of potential, but we won't definitely won't be returning.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple