“Great hotel, staff amazing!”
Review of YOTEL New York

YOTEL New York
Ranked #140 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 4 nights in feb for his 30th birthday, wow wot an amazing place, room small but had eveythin u needed, staff great, food fab, did have a issue one of the nights with a guest smokin(weed) in their rooms, non smokin hotel??????staff nicely moved us and sorted the issue out straight away!! Will defo return next year... Overall 5* hotel with great n helpfull staff

1  Thank Lea-lea234
Write a ReviewReviews (11,437)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

What a nice surprise. We did spring for the upgrade for the view and were happy that we did. The room was small, as expected , but was very efficiently planned, neat and clean. Note that if you are traveling with another and require privacy in the room this is not the place for you. We enjoyed it. (The shower was terrific!) It was different and met our needs well. It is a very short walk to Times Square and there is a CVS pharmacy conveniently located across the street and there is parking below the hotel!

Room Tip: Spring for the room with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had 2 of the family cabins. Good simple rooms, the shared galley is a nice touch. Very good location with car parking underneath. Rooms are quiet, duvet on the double and sheet & blanket on the bunks. Duvet was warmer so a bit difficult to set a/c to a temp that suited everyone. A minor niggle though in an overall good stay. Very good staff and a free light breakfast.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Only complaint from our party was that there was no smoking area on any of the outside areas in hotel space And a member of our group had to go to front door that took a while from the room as 2 sets of lifts required

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very modern space. From the lobby up to Level 4 (Mission Control) to the rooms.
Bright purple light out the front making it easy to spot and only about 10-15 minutes walk to Times Square.
The room was a bit on the small side but still comfortable for a 7 night stay at the last leg of our USA trip. The guys on the ground floor was very friendly with one of them giving us tips with getting around as we told me him an incident we had with a local at the 42nd street station.

Free muffins and coffee every morning. If that isn't enough ordering off the menu is still a decent deal. There is also coffee and ice machines on every level which is free.

Only thing that bothered me about this place was the smell that was in the lobby. It was a sweet and nice scent when I first got there, but over the next few days it started to get sickening and I had to hold my breath going through the ground floor. You can't smell it in the rooms so its only a minor issue.

Definitely recommended for an affordable stay that is still close to everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Takoyaki_san
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been to NYC quite a few times, staying everywhere from boring Howard Johnson's, to one of the W Hotels, and now Yotel.

I've got to say, Yotel is the best experience I've ever had in a hotel. The value for money is incredible... Everything is clean and modern, the staff was professional and friendly, helpful above and beyond the call of duty and the next time I'm in town, I'm definitely retuning to Yotel.

Some of the things I loved:

The smell... When you come in off the street, there's a pleasant aroma... not the overpowering funk You get from walking past an Abercrombie & Fitch, just a pleasant, relaxing smell to greet you.

I loved watching the Yobot - a robotic arm that can tuck away excess luggage or shopping in secure, oversized strong-boxes... and I loved that I could check-in using a touch-screen kiosk if I wanted to without needing to speak to a human. Let's face it - Some days you'd prefer to not stand in line and just move yourself along... although if you prefer a human, one will be provided to you at no extra charge on the 4th floor : )

From the lobby, You take your first elevator to the 4th floor where "The Front Desk", aka "Mission Control" is. The staff were super friendly and efficient, and can help sort You out if You need anything at all. Also on that floor - A restaurant, a bar, and lots of modern spaces for meeting & greeting if You happen to be part of a group or in town on business.

I loved the Design & Decor throughout... I likened it to living on Jean Luc Picard's version of the starship Enterprise... lots of recessed lighting, and clean modernism that really do evoke memories of the TV show...

As for the room... They're small, but incredibly well designed. The bed is electric and starts off folded into a sort of chaise lounge. There's a headphone jack so you can listen to tunes from your phone or tablet through the HDTV... more interesting lighting, a fantastic glass shower, heated towel rack, and if you bumped up your reservation to one of the higher floors, a fantastic skyline view.

It's kind of funny - I had a 5 hour drive to get to NYC and I'd planned on just checking in, dropping off my bags and hitting the town as soon as possible, but I ended up staying in the room for over an hour checking out the view, and just enjoying the room.

I didn't have a single bad experience, either with the staff or the facilities.

I was traveling alone, but a couple would do fine in the room I had... Families would want something larger, but if you made the decision to have a family, then you sort of have to accept you're going to need more and pay more for everything for the next 18 - 36 years, including hotels.

You'll need your room key to operate the elevators past the 4th floor... So have it handy.

I checked out the restaurant and bar but didn't really get anything from either - This being NYC after all, with so many options waiting for you outside - Still, both facilities looked inviting and interesting.

I ended up booking for $131 a night, which ended up coming to $160 and change after taxes, which is an outstanding deal for a such a nice room... clean, modern, well equipped... I've already raved about it with friends, and I'll be book there the next time I go to NYC.

Room Tip: I booked directly on the yotel.com site which was cheaper than any of the travel sites. Getting a ro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel was fabulous! It is such a cool concept. In a way, I felt like I was in a European hotel. One reviewer said that if IKEA had a baby, this would be it. I couldn't agree more! It was bright and clean - neat as a pin. Each morning in the lounge, they serve muffins, tea and coffee with the sound of birds tweeting in the background - very relaxing. It is so close to the theatres and Times Square activities. The rooms which they call "cabins" are spotless. I had read some reviews that said the beds were futons and were uncomfortable. I found the opposite to be true. They were VERY comfortable and I woke up refreshed and not a twinge of back pain to be had. The bed had an automatic button that lowered it from a "sofa" configuration to a "bed" configuration. Additionally, they have a hot chocolate/expresso/latte machine on every floor in the "galley" and the hot chocolate was delicious. It tasted homemade. And, saving the best for last, they have a robot that stores your luggage for you! It is absolutely the coolest concept for a hotel I have ever seen. The staff both downstairs at the robot/luggage storage/automatic checkin stations, as well as on the main floor at "Mission Control" (aka-the front desk), were very kind, courteous, and helpful. Yotel will definitely be our hotel of choice when we travel to NYC in the future! Well done Yotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple