YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #129 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Great view, very nice and well design room, small but very good planned. Great staff, very much helpful, good recommendations. We had great stay!!

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor' great view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for YOTEL New York at Times Square West

Reviewed April 18, 2012

As a business traveler this bed did not allow for one night's sleep. The bed retracts and extends with the push of a button, kind of like a recliner. I am actually laying in it right at this very moment, and I just heard the neighboring room's bed retracting through the paper thin walls. I cannot sleep on the mattress that seems to be made out of wood. There is a large indent where the bed folds on itself when it retracts which has made it difficult for me to sleep. I am not normally picky about my hotels or beds since I do travel frequently. I was not concerned about the small size of the room. I would be fine with it if it weren't for the poor insulation, noise level, and worst of all the very uneven, rock hard bed. Ps I weigh about 120 lbs, so it is not as though I am a huge person struggling with this bed.

Room Tip: avoid the 4th floor or being above the terrace connected to it which faces the chase bank across the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kara W
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Thank you, what a great stay. The hotel is under a year old and is clean and trendy. The cabins are not as small as you expect and are an experience to stay in. The bed is firm, which I like, however the staff did offer me the option of a under mattress. All the amenities you need are in the room, safe, nice body wash, TV etc. Each floor has and a galley where you can make as much tea and coffee that you want.
When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly member of staff who helped me to check in. The 4th floor is the restaurant and club. I did think that the noise of this could be disturbing, however it wasn't, and it only added to the vibe of the place. It is close to Times Square and the subway.
The staff did their best to help you with anything they could, I would stay here again no worries

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We arrived from South Africa after a very long flight and the crew member checking us in, said that check in wasn't until the afternoon. But when we said we had flown internationally, she immediately made a plan to get us into our room. I cannot recommend Yotel highly enough. The food in the restaurant was also superb. Very convenient to Times Square. The room was spotless with all of the modern conveniences you would expect. Service in general was amazing ... it was definitely the best hotel / accommodation experience we have had in New York (at a price that we could afford)! I would recommend an upgrade to the corner room / cabin ... amazing views!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book a corner room. Amazing views and plenty of space!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 3 days with 2 teenager children and there is nothing to comment on this hotel.
great location, great food, spacious and modern rooms, nice ambiance,...
perfect for a stay in new York!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mobydick8
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My sister and I recently visited New York for our 21st birthday and stayed at Yotel.
We absolutely loved the hotel, the room was comfortable, in a great location (10 mins walk to times square) and the staff was really friendly and helpful.
Despite the fact that the hotel hosts one of New Yorks popular clubs, according to our taxi driver Kanye West and Jay Z go there, our room was quiet and we had no trouble sleeping. Our taxi driver also told us that Adele stays in this hotel whenever she visits New York!!
Each level has a room where you can help yourself to tea and coffee, so this was our first stop each morning!
Our flight wasnt untill the evening so after checking out, we left our luggage in Yobot, this is a brilliant idea.
Overall, we wouldnt think twice about going back to this hotel and really recommend it. :D

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank StephandCharlotte
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were graciously greeted and walked through the processes at every touch point. Something you would not expect at a trendy high tech hotel. We loved our room and the location. Hotel was full of international guests mostly Euros which added to the experience of visiting NYC.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family